Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sucky Co-Worker
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stalinsdad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never met a nice NORMAL foreign co-worker. Their either geeks or back stabbing burger flippers. Thankfully I need not work with them anymore. It is annoying to work with someone who has lower standards/intellect and undserstanding. The problem wouldn't be so bad, but the Koreans think that the foreigners behavior is standard. They expect you to act the same way!
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting responses from all except Itchy, who obviously missed breakfast and is suffering because of it. (Tomorrow will be a better day.)
The latest: Please be quiet from 5:30 to 7:30. I need my quiet time. (We all live in the same building.)
gypsyfish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Re: Me Thinks I Smell An Apologist! Reply with quote

ExpatriateJoe wrote:
Mad There are several kinds of expat jockey teachers I don't like:

(1) Apologists
They are the kind that justify everything that happens to expats in Korea. They are also the two faced back stabbing kind.

(2) Republican In God We Trust America Jockey Teachers
Such teachers always walk around like they have a chip on their shoulders trying to strut their stuff like they are America's gift to the world.

(3) Apathetic Carefree Back Packers
We all know this kind of teacher. This teacher probabally doesn't even have an Eglish/Linguistics/Education/TESL major. The same teacher probabally prepares for their lesson only 20-30 minutes before class.

(4) X-Cons/Deviants/Eccentrics
Have you ever worked with or shared an apartment with a teacher who displayed some strange and deviant forms of behavior? I did. [/b]

You forgot the:

(5) Know-it-all Judgemental Types
They know everything and disapprove of anyone who doesn't toe their line of what makes a good ESL teacher,
marsha marsha marsha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Be a Man Reply with quote

I am assuming you are male. If so, you must get the director and your friend to a bar and spend the night chick bashing. Get loaded and let it all out. Get to the root of why he is kissing her tushie. By Monday, everyone will be ashamed, she will be left out and things will be back to normal.
itchy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=-=-=

Last edited by itchy on Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Keepongoing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: My 2 cents Reply with quote

I somewhat agree with Stalin's Son? I havw worked with some great teachers BUT there are those back-stabbing king and queens who think the school rotates around them and they are the indispensible gift for all to appreciate and adore. Certainly they enjoy being a big fish in a very small and insignificant pond. I am learning not to take them seriously--they are getting some needs met here. The need to feel significant. I think it is easy to get too focused on our immediate situations and I think that when things get strange... Recently, I have been told that I have been reported to be a "boring" teacher. Well, I care about being a good teacher as this is my profession, but I decided that these complaints are of little value except to give these teachers pleasure as they smirk in the corner. They can have their little pond--I swim in a bigger one? I have seen a lot in 9 months. I have seen teachers, teach their students how to make obscene gestures with their middle finger, how to use an assortment of foul language... This is the field we are in. I just want to be the best I can be regardless of how threatening that is to others. I have much to learn, and I guess that is the difference, I am still very much a student.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: