Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drug test on Tuesday. Please advise.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Large Hadron Collider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Drug test on Tuesday. Please advise. Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have a drug test on Tuesday and I read on this forum before I came here that they don't test for marijuana or cannabis. As I result of this I smoked a bit of dope before I flew over here. However, now I have learnt on this forum that hospitals may in fact test for cannoboids even though it is not a legal requirement for them to do so. I know it will cost 75.000 won for the tests and medical check on Tuesday so I'm guessing there is a good chance they may test for it. As I see it I have three choices:

1) I could go in on Tuesday and hope they don't test for it.

2) I could go for my test and ask them what they are testing for and if they say marijuana or cannabis I could flat out refuse to have the test and point out to them that it is not a legal requiremen to have a test for dope. I would have to hope, of course, that someone there speaks English.

3) I could ring up the guy who recruited me who lives in Seoul and who gave me his business card. He is a nice guy and I think I may be going drinking with him next weekend. I could explain to him that a cannoboid test is not a legal requirement and tell him that I don't want to have a test that is not mandatory. I could tell him either that I smoked some pot before I came over here or that I don't want to pay for a test that I don't need because of financial reasons (I have to pay half the 75,000 won fee you see, which I think is a bit tight of the school to be honest but that's a different matter.

Which do you think is my best option and what do you think you would do in this situation? I would really appreciate your views.

And please don't be preachy. It's more important that I'm a nice, kind and decent person who can teach in an effective and conscientious way than whether or not I've, unlike Bill Clinton, actually inhaled. I'm not stupid enough to do any drugs whilst I'm in Korea.

Thank you in advance. LHC
eIn07912

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, u admit to anyone u smoked pot and cant pass a test, ur asking for a trip home. they dont play around with that stuff.

i think theres a misunderstanding about not taking a marijuana test. taking a single test for weed isnt necessary for the visa. but, u do take a series of blood and urine tests that run down the list for tons of stuff, and weed is on that one. so if ur clean on that one, then its all gravy. ur dirty on that one, thats when they give u the single test for it. and if they want, they can take a hair sample instead of the urine. u can probably refuse to pay (and get ur school to pay) but if u refuse to take it, i dont see how a school will want to legally employ u. (i stress legally, because i wouldnt put it past them to bribe the hospital or immigration to get u on anyways, but thats a crap shoot.)

i got this info from a korean-american that does recruiting and he is on top of all the visa laws.

so, my advice: it might be wise to start downing as many of those giant bottles of water as u can between now and tuesday so that that first test comes up clean. im not suggesting u do it, but ive heard of people mixing a cap full of bleach in a gallon of water and that cleans u out. its likely to show some kind of irregularity though.

(im not gonna preach about not smoking a little herbal before coming though. i smoked pretty heavy and literally blazed up about 6 hrs before getting on the plane to come here. but that was 3 years ago when all u needed was a passport and pulse)
Xuanzang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont drink bleach even in a diluted form...that`s just asking for 119 and ER. Get a clean urine sample and take it in. Put it in one of those hydration bladders or a water bottle.
asams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, you only have to pay half the med check fee? i had to pay the whole thing. i'm pissed now
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Katie26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'd probably try to take a clean sample in.

How long have you been over there? I know weed takes about 4 weeks to get out of your system so if you can hold off till after that and still get your ARC then i'd suggest doing that. Not sure how you'll get out of it though but worth a try no?

Good Luck Smile
asams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by asams on Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Large Hadron Collider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted

Last edited by Large Hadron Collider on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Large Hadron Collider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delete.

Last edited by Large Hadron Collider on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
asams

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

find some apple juice
Straphanger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't smoke pot, certainly not immediately before starting a new job, because they might test :::SHOCKER!!:::, but when I had my own test, I was sent, alone, into a public washroom by myself with a paper cup that was put on a tray with a dozen others.

The piss you get from some dirtbag in Seoul will probably be 50% alcohol, but will likely not test positive for THC.
Joe666

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did you smoke. Have you been toking up on a daily basis for an extended period of time? If not and you are thin and have a quick metabolism, you may be O.K. My best advice is to drink alot of water and cranberry juice prior to submitting your sample ( especially that morning) and hope for the best. If you did not smoke alot, you may be O.K.

If you get caught with a fake external bladder or bottle of someone else's urine, it's over. I have known thin/efficient metabolized people who have fired up a few days before a piss test and passed! THC metabolites are fat soluable. If you have a lot of fat on you, those compounds will stick around longer!! Good Luck Brother!
Xuanzang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would they possibly know it`s someone else`s piss?
Straphanger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and as an alternative, to put yourself in diuresis, drink three litres of water (or cranberry juice, but that's not important), measure what comes out, and then put that much back in every time you piss.

And next time you get a job, you might try celebrating by *not* smoking a big bunch of pot.
Large Hadron Collider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 5 months on and off for 2/3 days at a time.. I'm 5 foot 11 inches barefoot and 12 and a half stone/80Kgs. Is it likely they could find a small bottle on me? What's the process like with the medical and urine sample?

Bricking it.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my advice is get on the next plane home and stay there. people like you are why we have so many problems with the locals.

dont give me this crap "oh its only weed...yada yada" you aint in kansas anymore and you should have done your homework before coming over here about koreans and drugs

i honestly hope you fail and you are thrown into the clink and shipped back

to the rest of you giving this guy advice on how to beat the test you're almost as bad the op. again no wonder we have such a problem. remember koreans do read this site and post comments about things here in korean.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: