Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hongdae girl bars and homo hill meetup
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
api218

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: hongdae girl bars and homo hill meetup Reply with quote

My Saturday night plans fell through, but I'd still like to go out. Sad Any gay girls out there who want to meet up tomorrow night?

From what I see on GirlPorts, Lesbos is apparently closed (not sure why), so I was thinking about trying Labrys in Hongdae again. It's definitely the kind of place you go to hang out with your friends, not to meet new people, so I'd feel weird flying solo.

If there's a lot of interest, maybe we could meet up for dinner before the serious drinking starts. Smile
lille

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be down, 'cept i'm getting over a gross cold. Sad i've yet to tap into the queer community here, though, and i'd love to come out next weekend if you and your pals are planning anything.
api218

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lille wrote:
i'd love to come out next weekend if you and your pals are planning anything.

sure, no problem. I hope your cold gets better. Smile if we end up doing something next weekend, I'll comment here instead of making a new post.
lille

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swell, thanks!
wesharris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So heterosexuals are to none cool to club with.
I am very disappointed with you, to be liberal is
to accept all life styles. Yet you do not accept that
we heterosexuals like to club on homo hill also.
I am ashamed, very ashamed.
_+_
Wes
michaelambling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesharris wrote:
_+_
Wes

Ignoring the ass...would you be willing to hang out with straight people? I ask more out of curiosity than anything; I once went to a gay bar with a lesbian friend of mine in London and, although I got hit on by a rather fetching Irish man, I loved it. They played better music, the people were in better shape, and the drinks were stronger.
Hyeon Een

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelambling wrote:
wesharris wrote:
_+_
Wes

Ignoring the ass...would you be willing to hang out with straight people? I ask more out of curiosity than anything; I once went to a gay bar with a lesbian friend of mine in London and, although I got hit on by a rather fetching Irish man, I loved it. They played better music, the people were in better shape, and the drinks were stronger.

Dude, you are nowhere near winsome enough to make a lesbian straight. If you want to hit homo hill on your own though, go for it, there're are many friendly people there.
michaelambling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyeon Een wrote:
michaelambling wrote:
wesharris wrote:
_+_
Wes

Dude, you are nowhere near winsome enough to make a lesbian straight. If you want to hit homo hill on your own though, go for it, there're are many friendly people there.

...you can't blame a guy for trying, though! Very Happy
lille

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesharris wrote:
_+_
Wes

oh, this is such a minefield. the queer community in general is an immensely inclusive group, but bullying your way into it by playing the hard-done by "wah don't discriminate against the status-quo" straight isn't endearing. if you want to be included, just do like everyone else does and play nice.
wesharris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy minefields, they make life much more interesting.
_+_
Wes
lille

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a difference between being adventuresome and being culturally insensitive. anyhow, it's not like i'm calling out some kind of latent homophobia - just sayin' it's a problematic tack.
michaelambling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lille wrote:
oh, this is such a minefield. the queer community in general is an immensely inclusive group

Not in my experience. The lesbian friend I referred to has been an exception; more often than not, I've seen hostility from the lesbian community against straights, especially straight men. Arguably, there is good reason for this ("woo, can I join?"), but it doesn't change the fact that they're guarded. Gay men, also, seem to exclude straight men unless they think they have a chance of converting the guy. Please don't accuse me of bigoted generalizations--I'm not saying all, or most, just the ones that I or friends of mine have had personal experience with.

Of course, one could make a good argument for why the gay community SHOULD be on guard against heterosexuals, but that doesn't change the fact that it is rather exclusive.
wesharris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't have it both ways. I'm conservative, but I couldn't give a skinny rats ass if someone was hetero, homo, or something in between. That's what I've never gotten, you'll scream your bloody head off about someone if they say something you disagree with, but then turn around and expect everyone to accept what ever you say as the fatback fact.
I'm afraid I don't play that game, and find the exclusion of a certain group by sexual preference to be highly biased on EITHER side.
_+_
Wes
michaelambling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wesharris wrote:
You can't have it both ways. I'm conservative, but I couldn't give a skinny rats ass if someone was hetero, homo, or something in between. That's what I've never gotten, you'll scream your bloody head off about someone if they say something you disagree with, but then turn around and expect everyone to accept what ever you say as the fatback fact.
I'm afraid I don't play that game, and find the exclusion of a certain group by sexual preference to be highly biased on EITHER side.
_+_
Wes

Conservatives love straw men. Who here is screaming? The person in this thread closest to an indignant tone, let alone screaming, seems to be you.
wesharris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What'cha talkin' about Willis?
I'm having fun.
_+_
Wes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: