Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dungeons and Dragons: The Quest for Nerds
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
licorice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love D&D, but I'm a newbie. I don't have the books or anything.

I'm in Seoul and weekends are best for me.

kafkaontheshore - I can't PM yet, but I'm interested!
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suwon people (demonicat, otherside), would you play in Anyang?

seoul people, would you play in Anyang?

all people, monday evenings?
Otherside

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was really close to Anyang station, then sure. But I don't wanna have to travel 25mins to Anyang station and then another 20-25mins to where we're playing.

PS. For Seoul guys, if you take the train (not subway) you can get to Suwon station from Yongsan in under 30mins (~22mins from Yeongdeongpo and about 35mins from Seoul Station). Which I believe is less time than it takes to get to Anyang.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anywhere to play around there right next to anyang station?

I know of one of those places called "minto" right across from suwon station. you can reserve a little private room, and pay like 5 dollars and have unlimited tea or coffee. that might work. any other ideas of where to play?
ryunatkorea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the best way to go back and forth between Jamsil and Anyang. I'm still not too used to Seoul area yet.
ryunatkorea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Suwon easier for me to get to from Songpa area than Anyang?
Otherside

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryunatkorea wrote:
Is Suwon easier for me to get to from Songpa area than Anyang?

Dunno, have no idea how to get to Anyang from Songpa (Jamsil). To get to Suwon, you take the bus outside of Jamsil station (exit 6 if memory serves), 1007, takes about 70mins to get to Suwon station. (May be a bit more or less depending on Traffic).
ryunatkorea

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it takes about 55 min. from Jamsil to Beomgae. Probably another 20 min to Anyang. LOL I don't think either of them gets me any closer. I'll just follow whoever is the Dm and has the d12.
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if you're coming from line 4 (like from Jamsil, via the Geumjeong interchange), then it's pretty much the same distance to go to anyang or Suwon. You're just taking 2 stops in one direction to go to Anyang, or like 4 stops the other way to go to Suwon.

Also, like I said, there's one of those Minto places right across the street from Suwon station. So if anyone came in on the subway, they wouldn't have to take a bus from there, we could just play right there by the station.

What about near Sadang station? That's not very far from Suwon by bus. I don't know the area that well, but I'm sure there's somewhere we can meet.
Otherside

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rockyourteeth wrote:
Okay, if you're coming from line 4 (like from Jamsil, via the Geumjeong interchange), then it's pretty much the same distance to go to anyang or Suwon. You're just taking 2 stops in one direction to go to Anyang, or like 4 stops the other way to go to Suwon.

Also, like I said, there's one of those Minto places right across the street from Suwon station. So if anyone came in on the subway, they wouldn't have to take a bus from there, we could just play right there by the station.

What about near Sadang station? That's not very far from Suwon by bus. I don't know the area that well, but I'm sure there's somewhere we can meet.

The place by Suwon station sounds great for me. Sadang seems really out of the way for everyone to be honest.
Bearach

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Geumjeong would be a better compromise than Anyang?

I live near Suwon so that's better for me anyway.

I have a ton of PDFs for D&D v3/3.5, as well as the 4.0 core rulebooks.

I'm not a nerd, however there's usually one cool guy in the group right?
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first of all, Bearach, there are NEVER any cool guys playing D&D. We're not sure what we'd do with one. Just kidding.

Okay, Geumjeong does seem like it could be a good meeting place. It's close to Suwon, but easier to get to than having to transfer to another line and continue onto Suwon.

Guys, this is taking forever. What does everyone think of Geumjeong? It's only 5 stops from Suwon. Does anyone know of anywhere right near the station we could play? I've never gotten off at that station... also, if the spot doesn't work out the first time, we can talk about it when we meet. it doesn't have to be perfect just to start meeting.

And what about Monday evenings 6:30ish?

Okay, it's time for my list again. Here's the people that have said they want to play, and are down in this Suwon area, or are willing to go to this area (or at least Geumjeong):

me (rockyourteeth) - Suwon
Demonicat - suwon
Otherside - Suwon
ryunatkorea - geumjeong/sincheon
Bearach - near Suwon
Rory_Calhoun27 - Anyang

Rory_Calhoun27, are you still around? it's been a while since you've responded. Seriously, I wanna get this started, email me if you want to start playing in the next couple of weeks on Monday nights! 6 would be a perfect group, I think. 5 or 6 or 7, right?
Demonicat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good?
1) who's dming? again, I'll do it, but I need to know
2) if we play in gumjeong or anyang, where will we play. In suwon we could use an apartment, but in a middle location- it will be trickier
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rockyourteeth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Geumjeong seems good. One of us will have to go scope it out, unless someone us familiar with the area. Like I said, there's that restaurant called Minto, or I'm sure there are other things similar, where you can just reserve a little room, and pay a little bit for unlimited tea/coffee. Also, that way we could hopefully find something right next to the subway station, to make it easier on everyone.

If you want to DM, Demonicat, you can. At least to start us off. We can talk about it more once we actually meet.
Nierlisse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with 4th edition? I quite enjoy it...minus the fact that it allows wizards to "miss" with spells (how does that even happen?!?) but since I'm more of a run-up-and-bash-things player I don't mind that much...

I miss playing Deadlands. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: