Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just can't let go of that "Blood type" thing, eh?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gillian57

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Just can't let go of that "Blood type" thing, eh? Reply with quote

In today's Chosun Ilbo. Gads, isn't superstition fun?

Quote:
Survey Suggests Blood Type Affects Shower Behavior A survey has revealed that people act and think differently during a shower according to their blood type and age. Dove, a manufacturer of cleansing goods, conducted a survey of 9,927 visitors to its website on their shower behavior.

Some 35 percent of blood type As said they have cried during a shower, while 55 percent of blood type Os said they think of the opposite gender. Of those who said they appreciate their body during a shower, 33 percent were blood type B, confirming the common belief that those with blood type B are vain. Among age groups, 20 percent of 30-something people responded they relieve their stress through a shower.
[email protected] / Jun. 05, 2009 11:06 KST
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this just in:

Survey Suggests Blood Type Affects Shower Behavior A survey has revealed that people act and think differently during a shower according to their blood type and age. Dove, a manufacturer of cleansing goods, conducted a survey of 9,927 visitors to its website on their shower behavior.

Some 65 percent of blood type As said they have never cried during a shower, while 45 percent of blood type Os said they do not think of the opposite gender. Of those who said they appreciate their body during a shower, 67 percent were not blood type B, disproving the common belief that those with blood type B are vain. Among age groups, 80 percent of 30-something people responded they remain equally stressed or become more stressed through a shower.
beercanman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many blood types are there? Eight? I did a little search and saw mention of 30 "blood-group systems." No idea what that means. Is it more, or less complicated than the 12 signs/creatures for months or years?

Last edited by beercanman on Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
RACETRAITOR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, Jews and Asians have a higher incidence of type B. Nuff said.
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beercanman wrote:
How many blood types are there? Eight? I did a little search and saw mention of 30 "blood-group systems." No idea what that means. Is it more, or less complicated than the 12 signs/creatures for months or years?

A, B, AB, O are the basic types.
Mr. Pink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am blood A and I have NEVER cried in the shower. WTF??? Shocked Who cries in the shower? Maybe I should have been type B, as sometimes Mr. Pink likes to appreciate himself in the shower Embarassed
hugekebab

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A survey shows that 60% of anything relates to something, and that, shockingly, 30% is left over to have some relation to an unspecified amount of stuff, with 10% left to be arbitrarily attributed or correlated to something else. All results are assumed to be causational rather than coincidental.

Last edited by hugekebab on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
kotakji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Just can't let go of that "Blood type" thing, Reply with quote

Quote:
confirming the common belief that those with blood type B are vain.

Indeed nothing allows for indisputable conclusions like an internet survey on a soap website.
chachee99

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to read the entire article in order to understand the results better.

I am a type A, but i don't cry in the shower.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gillian57

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm AB negative and I can absolutely tell you that THAT survey is spot-on! The day I installed my pulsating shower massage I definitely DID cry in the shower, and I MOST DEFINITELY appreciated my ummmmm body......
Joe666

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beercanman:
Quote:

There are multiple blood group systems that all apply to your RBC's. The only two that matter in regard to immune rejection are the ABO and RH systems. The other 28 or so supposidly don't factor in.

This is almost as nutty as FAN DEATH.
dporter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Survey's report that 95% of people who drive think they are better than average drivers.
jkelly80

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50% of the time it works everytime.
ducati

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RACETRAITOR wrote:
Also, Jews and Asians have a higher incidence of type B. Nuff said.

So, what's your point?
beercanman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dporter wrote:
Survey's report that 95% of people who drive think they are better than average drivers.

A good point. Also, I'd say most people (I'd guess maybe as high as 70 or even 80% ?) consider themselves above average somehow, in intelligence or whatever.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: