Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a recruiter to recommend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZUL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been trying to deal with ben from footprints, however it seems like he is not very interested in helping me find a position. the only time he called or contacted me was when i first signed up with him. it just seems like he is not too stoked to help me find a job. however they do seem to be professional, but not too motivated.
Suzie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that FootPrints is not very good. I dealt with Kara and Ben and they were very rude and made racist comments. I would never go back to them again. They left me hanging for two months and never once did they ever contact me to let me know what was going on. I finally emailed them but they did not answer it, then I finally had to call them and they told me that they weren't able to help me find a place. But before telling me why they couldn't place me, Kara made some racist remark that was shocked by it. I told her that she might not have meant it but her remark was insulting, but she told me she did mean what she said but that she didn't think it was racist and couldn't understand why I was being so defensive. Rolling Eyes
Ben Glickman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footprints is an equal opportunity employer- not only because that is the law in Canada, but because this is also an individual moral imperative as well. Neither Kara or I nor any of our staff has ever used racist language, nor are we racist. If you are willing to contact me and give me a specific example of racist language used I would be happy to refute it. However all teachers we represent must be native English speakers, and speak English without a discernable accent. This is not racist- it would be unfair and disingenuous both to teachers and schools to present teachers with accents and non-native English speakers as native English speakers to ESL schools in Korea. Teachers in this position would not have a good experience, and schools would not be satisfied with our services, or the performance of these teachers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
chronicpride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about salvaging your rep here, Ben. The word-of-mouth tide always flows against recruiters here, even if they are staffed with angels from heaven. Even if you don't have an advertising budget over $75/mnth and you need to do everything that you can to maximize responses from this place.
JAMZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Footprints and they weren't able to find me anything... but I don't harbour and animosity towards them. It's not their fault if the schools they deal with only want to hire blonde, blue eyed, North American, women in their mid-20's... I mean the market is really more to blame. It's a cycle fed by the misconceptions of what quality English teachers are like. From what I've gathered the only schools that can really afford to use the recruiters are the ones who get the most income from a large student body. And they attract that many students because of the Korean perception that teachers who fit the profile I mentioned above, are better English teachers. I'm not sure if I'm correct about this but being non-caucasian and going through the job search process for over 2 months this is what I perceive of how things are.

Also I'm sure they get hundreds of applicants a week... finding a placement for everyone must be logistically impossible.
visviva

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teachkorea-NZ and their alternate identity, Teachkorea-USA. I first checked them out because they were whitelisted by EFL-Law. After working with them, I fully understand and support that whitelisting.

Although in the end they weren't able to line me up with anything I would jump at, they were 100% professional and supportive through the process. They were even upfront with me about some concerns they had with one school they did send me too. Just about the opposite of every other recruiter I've dealt with.

When I'm looking for another gig, I'll be getting in touch with them again. I'd advise other teachers to do the same.
fandeath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: ESLPrime Reply with quote

I was brought over by eslprime.com. They were good to me.
laura

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

esljobkorea is great. My recruiter's name is Su. She got me a 6 month contract at a decent school, pre-paid flight that she stayed up til 4 am to sort out, and since I've arrived she has contacted me to meet up more than once just to make sure I'm not lonely and that everything is going well. I also know she works with a colleague of mine who is here with his family and has been very accomodating to their needs. She helped them switch apartments and maintains an active relationship with them. I call her for things I need help with unrelated to job issues and she's always glad to help. Her contact is [email protected] Good luck!
jajdude

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: M&M Recruitment? Reply with quote

jkuban wrote:
Has anyone any info on M&M Recruitment? I'm a recent graduate waiting for my diploma and have contacted 3 different recruiters. M&M is the only one who contacted me back, and explained that I had to have the diploma. There reply was very warm and seemed sincere, should I buy it?

I believe I have read some bad things elsewhere on this site about M&M, who I think also use different names. Can anyone verify?

Ah, yes, it is in the "job-related discussion" forum... ......"New Bridge Recruitment"... also known as "M&M" and "Manhattan" according to the posters there. The words on that thread is avoid them.
RedRob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

el bumpo
katepult

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Kim & Joe, with Amy Lee as the recruiter, a few times. For a first-time teacher, I found them to be good, but for a returning teacher, they aren't as good.
The first time I used them, they were professional, quick, and hooked me up with a good school and picked me up at the airport.
When I used them again, they told me one starting date and the school a different, later starting date. I hurried my a$$ to get all the documents and visa stuff finished and cut short a trip so that I could make it to the school by the date they wanted. I arrived in the city and at the school only to find that the teacher I was replacing still had a week of work left and the school didn't expect me to arrive for a week and a half. I ended up staying in a motel for 5 days at my own expense.
That job also turned out to be crappy and I left it, but that wasn't the recruiter's fault.
okayden223

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used ASK Now and they were awesome. Some friends of mine came as a couple and they used a recruiter named James Jeong. He took care of everything for them. Both recruiters are fluent in English and Korean so they can help you out with just about anything. I've also heard good things about kim n joe for Busan.

www.asknow.ca

www.esl411.com

Last edited by okayden223 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total
pknotts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:00 am    Post subject: Got a Recruiter to Recomend? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about TeachESLKorea or Gone2Korea. They seem experienced and professional, but as someone said above, I have a healthy distrust for recruiters.
agoodmouse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Korvia. They're good. I'm friends with them now actually. I've eaten dinner with Joyce a couple times.
kinerry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is korearecruiting.com any good?

My girlfriend and I have been in contact with them and they seem to be helpful, but I can't find any information on them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: