Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Directions To Costco - any place, share what you know
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lifeinkorea



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Location: somewhere in China

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Directions To Costco - any place, share what you know Reply with quote

I thought I would make a thread about this because I can't find full directions. I know there are mediocre maps through the Costco site for Korea, but it looks like you may have to make some turns.

I have lived in Sangbong and know where the location is. So, if you know the other, please share complete directions.

SANGBONG COSTCO

Line 7 - Go out exit 5. There is another Exit (I think it's 2) but they often have construction, so I found it easier to go out 5. Outback Steakhouse should be across the street to your left. Go the opposite direction away from OS. Walk about 5-10 minutes, and you will see a movie theater. Costco is just ahead near Sangbong bus terminal on your right.

You can also get there from Mangu station (Jungang line from Yongsan station). Go out the main entrance where buses and taxis are parked. There is a 1,000 won store in the station on that side. You will have to cross one street and go right. You will be heading the opposite direction as the directions for Line 7. Walk about 5-10 minutes and you should see Costco on the left near Sangbong bus terminal. Don't follow the signs to Sangbong bus terminal. They will lead you behind Costco. Stay on the main road where local buses pick up people in the middle of the street. You'll see a big Costco sign.

YANGPYEONG (YEONGDEUNGPO-GU) COSTCO

Please add directions if you know.

I only have a rough idea from the site and mention of Dangsan station. I am not sure if Costco is closer to Dangsan or if it is closer to Yeongdeungpo-gu station.


Last edited by lifeinkorea on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tatertot



Joined: 21 Oct 2008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Directions to Costco - Sangbong, Yangpyeong (Yeongdeungp Reply with quote

lifeinkorea wrote:
YANGPYEONG (YEONGDEUNGPO-GU) COSTCO

Please add directions if you know.

I only have a rough idea from the site and mention of Dangsan station. I am not sure if Costco is closer to Dangsan or if it is closer to Yeongdeungpo-gu station.


This is the Costco I go to. I exit at Yeongdeungpo-gu Station exit 3 (I think, but not 100% certain). Go up the stairs and as soon as you hit the street turn around and walk back past the stairs. You should hit another street on your right almost immediately. Turn right and go straight for a few streets. Costco will be on your right after a 5-10 minute walk. You can't miss it. If you don't pass a hospital on your way, you are in the wrong spot. Sorry if these directions aren't the best, I just go there on autopilot now Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Mac



Joined: 17 Sep 2005

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costco puts really crappy maps on their website. They're almost impossible to follow and lack detail.

I used to go to the Yangjae Costco in Seoul. The first time I went, I made the mistake of thinking it was really close to Yangjae Station but it's not. It's actually about a 15 minute cab ride from Yangjae Station.

If you are at Gangnam Station, go towards Yangjae Station. Go past Yangjae Station and keep going straight until you come to the intersection with the big Kia and Hyundai towers. Turn right at that intersection and Costco will be on your right hand side. If you're coming off Highway 1, take the exit that says "Seoul Grand Park" and Costco is basically right there.

Last week I tried going to the Daejeon Costco since it is actually closer to where I live now. I had a hell of a time trying to find it using the website map. I took the new Highway 30 from Dangjin to get there. If you take Highway 30, exit at Highway 251 and go south towards Jeonju. About ten minutes later, take the exit for highway 300. Almost immediately after getting on highway 300, take the exit for highway 4. After going through the toll booth take highway 4 into Daejeon. Drive for about 10 kilometres (about 30 minutes because of all the lights). Turn left JUST BEFORE you pass the Homes Plus and CMV on your right hand side.

The Costco is on your left hand side, just after the Sodaejeon Train Station.

I have to say the Costco in Daejeon is a much more peaceful Costco in every way than the Yangjae Costco in Seoul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lifeinkorea



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Location: somewhere in China

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Costco near Yeongdeungpo station. Here are my directions, but this one is a toughy.

Someone told me to go out exit 2, which is what I did to start with. However, I ended up going 90 degrees in the wrong direction down a main road. I couldn't see any useful landmarks out of exit 2 to help me.

Coming back from Costco, I ended up at exit 1 by following some easy spots. From exit 1, turn around and go to the corner of a small street (it's right there basically). You will see a "Korean" park, walk through it and look to your left. Locate the bicycle parking area on your left.

Continue walking, keeping the bicycle parking lot to your left and look to your right. You will see a health center with a passage "tunnel" in the middle. Go through that passage. You should be able to see a hospital right across from the street. From there, turn left with the hospital across the street on your right and walk about 10 minutes.

You will end up with Costco on your right. On the way, you should see "The Park" or "Da Park" in Korean on your left. It's all green and stands out. You have to walk maybe 3-4 blocks before you get to it though.

I also used another landmark to help me get there. Basically, I did a 270 degree circle from exit 2 (so don't be an idiot and go out exit 2 folks) with a dark brown church like building (maybe it was a church, I don't remember). Exiting Costco, walk around to the left and it should be on your right for your journey back.

Anyway, there isn't much point in going to this Costco (or any probably) unless you want to bring a couple friends and split the cost of things in bulk. Individual items were the same price per person.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eac02



Joined: 23 Jan 2008

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: Directions to Costco - Sangbong, Yangpyeong (Yeongdeungp Reply with quote

tatertot wrote:
lifeinkorea wrote:
YANGPYEONG (YEONGDEUNGPO-GU) COSTCO

Please add directions if you know.

I only have a rough idea from the site and mention of Dangsan station. I am not sure if Costco is closer to Dangsan or if it is closer to Yeongdeungpo-gu station.


This is the Costco I go to. I exit at Yeongdeungpo-gu Station exit 3 (I think, but not 100% certain). Go up the stairs and as soon as you hit the street turn around and walk back past the stairs. You should hit another street on your right almost immediately. Turn right and go straight for a few streets. Costco will be on your right after a 5-10 minute walk. You can't miss it. If you don't pass a hospital on your way, you are in the wrong spot. Sorry if these directions aren't the best, I just go there on autopilot now Smile


The above directions are good but considering I recently gave someone basically the exact same directions and they got lost twice I'll add a little more detail.

Go out exit 3 (i'm actually not 100% certain about the number either), there is a shoe store on your left before the exit.
When you exit the street will be on your right and a KB bank will be on your left. Turn around and walk to the corner.
Take a right and walk up the street (stay on the right side of the street).
You will pass a Family Mart, a hospital, and a golf range.
Costco is right after the "major" lighted intersection. You will be approaching Costco from the back so you will see the red Costco sign on the building but you will have to walk around to the front to get in.

I've never tried to get to it from the Dangsan but I've heard that it is closer/ easier with Yeongdeungpo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wylies99



Joined: 13 May 2006
Location: I'm one cool cat!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, it's NOT Yeongdeungpo Station, it's Yeongdeungpo-gu Office Station (on lines #2 and #5).

Stationhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeongdeungpo-gu_Office_Station
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xanadu123



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Mac wrote:
Costco puts really crappy maps on their website. They're almost impossible to follow and lack detail.

I used to go to the Yangjae Costco in Seoul. The first time I went, I made the mistake of thinking it was really close to Yangjae Station but it's not. It's actually about a 15 minute cab ride from Yangjae Station.

If you are at Gangnam Station, go towards Yangjae Station. Go past Yangjae Station and keep going straight until you come to the intersection with the big Kia and Hyundai towers. Turn right at that intersection and Costco will be on your right hand side. If you're coming off Highway 1, take the exit that says "Seoul Grand Park" and Costco is basically right there.

Last week I tried going to the Daejeon Costco since it is actually closer to where I live now. I had a hell of a time trying to find it using the website map. I took the new Highway 30 from Dangjin to get there. If you take Highway 30, exit at Highway 251 and go south towards Jeonju. About ten minutes later, take the exit for highway 300. Almost immediately after getting on highway 300, take the exit for highway 4. After going through the toll booth take highway 4 into Daejeon. Drive for about 10 kilometres (about 30 minutes because of all the lights). Turn left JUST BEFORE you pass the Homes Plus and CMV on your right hand side.

The Costco is on your left hand side, just after the Sodaejeon Train Station.

I have to say the Costco in Daejeon is a much more peaceful Costco in every way than the Yangjae Costco in Seoul.


For the Yangjae costco which exit do you take from the subway, and is there a bus that runs to costco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mayorgc



Joined: 19 Oct 2008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanadu123 wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Costco puts really crappy maps on their website. They're almost impossible to follow and lack detail.

I used to go to the Yangjae Costco in Seoul. The first time I went, I made the mistake of thinking it was really close to Yangjae Station but it's not. It's actually about a 15 minute cab ride from Yangjae Station.

If you are at Gangnam Station, go towards Yangjae Station. Go past Yangjae Station and keep going straight until you come to the intersection with the big Kia and Hyundai towers. Turn right at that intersection and Costco will be on your right hand side. If you're coming off Highway 1, take the exit that says "Seoul Grand Park" and Costco is basically right there.

Last week I tried going to the Daejeon Costco since it is actually closer to where I live now. I had a hell of a time trying to find it using the website map. I took the new Highway 30 from Dangjin to get there. If you take Highway 30, exit at Highway 251 and go south towards Jeonju. About ten minutes later, take the exit for highway 300. Almost immediately after getting on highway 300, take the exit for highway 4. After going through the toll booth take highway 4 into Daejeon. Drive for about 10 kilometres (about 30 minutes because of all the lights). Turn left JUST BEFORE you pass the Homes Plus and CMV on your right hand side.

The Costco is on your left hand side, just after the Sodaejeon Train Station.

I have to say the Costco in Daejeon is a much more peaceful Costco in every way than the Yangjae Costco in Seoul.


For the Yangjae costco which exit do you take from the subway, and is there a bus that runs to costco?


Do not rely on the Yangjae costco map. The map makes it look like the Costco is only a 5-10 minute walk. It isn't. You need to take the bus/taxi. The bus takes about 10 mins, give or take. I'm pretty sure I took the number 8 bus. Exit 3, yangjae station. costco is located at the emart-hiband-costco stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xuanzang



Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Location: Sadang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daegu Costco. Go to Chilsung shi jang station, exit 3 and cross the road for the bus stop. It'll be down past this giant used furniture shop Then take Bus 305 and get off at the last stop. You should see Costco on your left hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xanadu123



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayorgc wrote:
Xanadu123 wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Costco puts really crappy maps on their website. They're almost impossible to follow and lack detail.

I used to go to the Yangjae Costco in Seoul. The first time I went, I made the mistake of thinking it was really close to Yangjae Station but it's not. It's actually about a 15 minute cab ride from Yangjae Station.

If you are at Gangnam Station, go towards Yangjae Station. Go past Yangjae Station and keep going straight until you come to the intersection with the big Kia and Hyundai towers. Turn right at that intersection and Costco will be on your right hand side. If you're coming off Highway 1, take the exit that says "Seoul Grand Park" and Costco is basically right there.

Last week I tried going to the Daejeon Costco since it is actually closer to where I live now. I had a hell of a time trying to find it using the website map. I took the new Highway 30 from Dangjin to get there. If you take Highway 30, exit at Highway 251 and go south towards Jeonju. About ten minutes later, take the exit for highway 300. Almost immediately after getting on highway 300, take the exit for highway 4. After going through the toll booth take highway 4 into Daejeon. Drive for about 10 kilometres (about 30 minutes because of all the lights). Turn left JUST BEFORE you pass the Homes Plus and CMV on your right hand side.

The Costco is on your left hand side, just after the Sodaejeon Train Station.

I have to say the Costco in Daejeon is a much more peaceful Costco in every way than the Yangjae Costco in Seoul.


For the Yangjae costco which exit do you take from the subway, and is there a bus that runs to costco?


Do not rely on the Yangjae costco map. The map makes it look like the Costco is only a 5-10 minute walk. It isn't. You need to take the bus/taxi. The bus takes about 10 mins, give or take. I'm pretty sure I took the number 8 bus. Exit 3, yangjae station. costco is located at the emart-hiband-costco stop.


You sure its exit three, someone else told me exit 7. They said the bus stop is near a 7-11

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrugstoreCowgirl



Joined: 08 May 2009
Location: Daegu-where the streets have no name

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xuanzang wrote:
Daegu Costco. Go to Chilsung shi jang station, exit 3 and cross the road for the bus stop. It'll be down past this giant used furniture shop Then take Bus 305 and get off at the last stop. You should see Costco on your left hand.


The 937 bus also stops directly at Costco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mayorgc



Joined: 19 Oct 2008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xanadu123 wrote:
mayorgc wrote:
Xanadu123 wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Costco puts really crappy maps on their website. They're almost impossible to follow and lack detail.

I used to go to the Yangjae Costco in Seoul. The first time I went, I made the mistake of thinking it was really close to Yangjae Station but it's not. It's actually about a 15 minute cab ride from Yangjae Station.

If you are at Gangnam Station, go towards Yangjae Station. Go past Yangjae Station and keep going straight until you come to the intersection with the big Kia and Hyundai towers. Turn right at that intersection and Costco will be on your right hand side. If you're coming off Highway 1, take the exit that says "Seoul Grand Park" and Costco is basically right there.

Last week I tried going to the Daejeon Costco since it is actually closer to where I live now. I had a hell of a time trying to find it using the website map. I took the new Highway 30 from Dangjin to get there. If you take Highway 30, exit at Highway 251 and go south towards Jeonju. About ten minutes later, take the exit for highway 300. Almost immediately after getting on highway 300, take the exit for highway 4. After going through the toll booth take highway 4 into Daejeon. Drive for about 10 kilometres (about 30 minutes because of all the lights). Turn left JUST BEFORE you pass the Homes Plus and CMV on your right hand side.

The Costco is on your left hand side, just after the Sodaejeon Train Station.

I have to say the Costco in Daejeon is a much more peaceful Costco in every way than the Yangjae Costco in Seoul.


For the Yangjae costco which exit do you take from the subway, and is there a bus that runs to costco?


Do not rely on the Yangjae costco map. The map makes it look like the Costco is only a 5-10 minute walk. It isn't. You need to take the bus/taxi. The bus takes about 10 mins, give or take. I'm pretty sure I took the number 8 bus. Exit 3, yangjae station. costco is located at the emart-hiband-costco stop.


You sure its exit three, someone else told me exit 7. They said the bus stop is near a 7-11

Thanks


I'm almost certain it was exit 3. But I guess it's possible to take another exit. If you can show me a map of yangjae station with the exits labeled, i can tell you for certain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xanadu123



Joined: 01 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mayorgc wrote:
Xanadu123 wrote:
mayorgc wrote:
Xanadu123 wrote:
Big Mac wrote:
Costco puts really crappy maps on their website. They're almost impossible to follow and lack detail.

I used to go to the Yangjae Costco in Seoul. The first time I went, I made the mistake of thinking it was really close to Yangjae Station but it's not. It's actually about a 15 minute cab ride from Yangjae Station.

If you are at Gangnam Station, go towards Yangjae Station. Go past Yangjae Station and keep going straight until you come to the intersection with the big Kia and Hyundai towers. Turn right at that intersection and Costco will be on your right hand side. If you're coming off Highway 1, take the exit that says "Seoul Grand Park" and Costco is basically right there.

Last week I tried going to the Daejeon Costco since it is actually closer to where I live now. I had a hell of a time trying to find it using the website map. I took the new Highway 30 from Dangjin to get there. If you take Highway 30, exit at Highway 251 and go south towards Jeonju. About ten minutes later, take the exit for highway 300. Almost immediately after getting on highway 300, take the exit for highway 4. After going through the toll booth take highway 4 into Daejeon. Drive for about 10 kilometres (about 30 minutes because of all the lights). Turn left JUST BEFORE you pass the Homes Plus and CMV on your right hand side.

The Costco is on your left hand side, just after the Sodaejeon Train Station.

I have to say the Costco in Daejeon is a much more peaceful Costco in every way than the Yangjae Costco in Seoul.


For the Yangjae costco which exit do you take from the subway, and is there a bus that runs to costco?


Do not rely on the Yangjae costco map. The map makes it look like the Costco is only a 5-10 minute walk. It isn't. You need to take the bus/taxi. The bus takes about 10 mins, give or take. I'm pretty sure I took the number 8 bus. Exit 3, yangjae station. costco is located at the emart-hiband-costco stop.


You sure its exit three, someone else told me exit 7. They said the bus stop is near a 7-11

Thanks


I'm almost certain it was exit 3. But I guess it's possible to take another exit. If you can show me a map of yangjae station with the exits labeled, i can tell you for certain.


Once on the bus do you know how many stops till costco?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mayorgc



Joined: 19 Oct 2008

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can read korean, you can probably count the number of stops.

but I think its around 7 or 8 or 10. but it's a very busy stop. There's a costco, emart and hibrand store there. It's sorta hard to miss. the bus i took stopped right at costco.

10 mins, give or take with no traffic.

It's the e-mart/hibrand/costco stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bassexpander



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Location: Someplace you'd rather be.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought a big leather recliner from Costco.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International