Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all Aussies!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Calling all Aussies! Reply with quote

On September 5th, Saturday, 8pm, Australia play the Korean Republic in a

football(soccer) friendly in Seoul. So support your team. See ya there! Go

the Socceroos!!!
dragon777

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure where one can get tickets as yet. But will try and let you know

asap. We finished at the top of our group so it should be a good crowd.
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

I wanna go. Keep us posted Dragon777.
iammac2002

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support 2 teams: South Africa and whoever is playing against Australia. Sorry guys, I hope Korea beats you. (I doubt they will, but hey, here's hoping!) Wink Laughing
Kurtz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iammac2002 wrote:
I support 2 teams: South Africa and whoever is playing against Australia. Sorry guys, I hope Korea beats you. (I doubt they will, but hey, here's hoping!) Wink Laughing

Sounds like rotten eggs to me mate, born out of pure jealousy.

I'd go but that's a trek from Busan, plus the old Japan trip cost me an arm and a leg so I'll be there in spirit only.
dragon777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In four years, Australia have gone from a ranking of 89 to a current world ranking of 16. This is a diabolical effort!!!

For most of us this will be the only chance to see them on the world sporting stage before they go to South Africa for the WC in ten months time.

Make the effort lads! Coming from Busan wouldn't cost more than 150000 won for the tickets, hotel and piss. See ya there!
iammac2002

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon777 wrote:
In four years, Australia have gone from a ranking of 89 to a current world ranking of 16. This is a diabolical effort!!!

You must be joking! How can any country (especially the sport super power that is Australia) ever have ranked worse than SA? (http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html#confederation=0&rank=184&page=2 shows New Zealand does, ... they can kick a rugby ball, but not a soccer ball. Shocked) The only reason they qualified for the WC is because they are hosting it.

I don't hate Aussies, I just don't like Aussie athletes. They are just so damn good! Crying or Very sad
dragon777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh!!! I forgot to mention last weeks crushing victory over Ireland 3-0 in Limerick.

Another great effort considering, this was our understrength squad. Well done Pim, mate!
dragon777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtz, your a sorry excuse for an Aussie, if you cannot get your arse up to Seoul. Make a effort buddy. Your contribution will be considered sweet.
D.D.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not an Aussie but I lived there 12 years. Can I sit with you guys and make fun of Aus during the game. Maybe we can drink V.B. and talk yobbo talk. Saying stuff like " How about those Roos"
dragon777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, any redneck Canucks or Yanks(southerners) included we will regard as honoury guests. Bring a six pack of soju.
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm up for sitting with a Dave's contingent if anyone's organising (and bringing in the VB! We just need an esky or 10). Anyone know the best way to get tickets? I need my Aussie fix now and again! Yay Socceroos!
Kurtz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon777 wrote:
Kurtz, your a sorry excuse for an Aussie, if you cannot get your arse up to Seoul. Make a effort buddy. Your contribution will be considered sweet.

Sorry mate, left my heartfelt nationalism back in my drinking days watching the cricket at the G.

How much are tickets BTW?

C'mon mate, you're running the show, where are the details? Piss up in a brewery......
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really keen on the idea of getting an Aussie contingent along to this match, so I just called the Seoul info line to find out how/where to get the tix.

They're not on sale yet, and probably won't be until the end of next week. At that time, they can be bought on the KFA website, and at any branch of Hana bank. Alternatively, we could just turn up about 30 mins early and buy them at the gate. That would mean we could all sit together (if people are interested), and not have to worry about transferring money to one person to buy the tix. I'm betting it will be far from sold out.

I'm not sure of the price, but I think I paid about 20,000 won each for tickets for the FC Seoul vs. LA Galaxy friendly and the North Korea vs. South Korea WC Qualifier matches last year. I can't see that it would be more than 30,000 for decent seats.

Also, it's it at World Cup Stadium in Seoul? I forgot to ask on the phone. It will be a bit more of an expedition if it's at Suwon WCS.

So.....

Who's interested? C'mon Kurtz, make a trip of it for the weekend! Aussies and anyone else who's interested. Let's support the Socceroos in Seoul. Should be a great night!
DWAEJIMORIGUKBAP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the crowd like at an Ozzie foottie match?

Do you all spit and shout at the ref, beat the sh*t out of each other and violently harrass anyone be they player or supporter whom you suspect of being a queer, a blackie or a posh *beep* like the Brits... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: