Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all Aussies!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hyosung650

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham Swann....
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it how Brits only care about cricket when they win!
kickittome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevieg4ever wrote:
Steve Harmison....

Sorry I just had to write he has taken 3 in a row...

$%@#
Kurtz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragon777 wrote:
'Crikeykorea', do you know how much of a mark up there is on the tickets, on the day of the match?

Otherwise, see ya at the match. That means you too Kurtz!

Promise no Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi's??
kickittome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtz wrote:
dragon777 wrote:
'Crikeykorea', do you know how much of a mark up there is on the tickets, on the day of the match?

promise!!
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtz wrote:
dragon777 wrote:

God no...PLEASE! I cringe every time I hear this. In Turkey, Turks kept saying "Aussie Aussie Aussie" at me, expecting me to complete it. How embarrassing.
Hyosung650

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Haha I've heard this one before - utter rubbish of course. I remember spending large chunks of my student loan travelling to Headingly, Old Trafford and Trent Bridge back in the bad old days and there were plenty of full houses enjoying their warm beer and the exquisite pain of watching England fail to deliver again. Naturally when the boys pull off home wins twice in succession in the most high profile series the game can offer, the rest of the population sits up and takes notice temporarily but there's certainly no shortage of people watching on the bad days either. I do however seem to remember reading something about poor attendances in Perth and Melbourne last winter when the aussies were getting a good hiding from the Saffers...
Kurtz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I come, anyone up for a post win/drowning sorrows session in Itaewon at the Aussie pub? I need a meat pie and some pav and would like to meet a minor Aussie rock legend in person.

Is it easy to transfer money here?

I'm not on facebook but I'm 50/50 at this stage, so what's the latest on this thing then.

POMS keep away, this is for crims only.
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtz wrote:
If I come, anyone up for a post win/drowning sorrows session in Itaewon at the Aussie pub? I need a meat pie and some pav and would like to meet a minor Aussie rock legend in person.

Is it easy to transfer money here?

I'm not on facebook but I'm 50/50 at this stage, so what's the latest on this thing then.

POMS keep away, this is for crims only.

Argh, I would love to come to Tony's after, but I've got a b'day party to go to that it's not worth my life to miss! I'm sure others will join you though. Tony's certainly a local character who's worth meeting.

Transferring money's very easy. You can do it from any ATM. You should have the option to do it in English, if not, try another bank's ATM. IBK, KEB, and Woori all have English options. I'm sure most others do too, I just haven't tried them. You don't need to use your own bank's ATM, and unless you have the same bank as the recipient, you'll be paying 1200-odd won to transfer anyway.

You just need to choose the money transfer option, choose the recipient's bank, enter their account number and the amount to transfer. Then their name will come up on the screen (usually in Korean), so you can check the number was correct.

C'mon Kurtz! Good excuse to come up to Seoul for the weekend. Should be a blast Very Happy
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyosung650 wrote:
Quote:

Haha I've heard this one before - utter rubbish of course. I remember spending large chunks of my student loan travelling to Headingly, Old Trafford and Trent Bridge back in the bad old days and there were plenty of full houses enjoying their warm beer and the exquisite pain of watching England fail to deliver again. Naturally when the boys pull off home wins twice in succession in the most high profile series the game can offer, the rest of the population sits up and takes notice temporarily but there's certainly no shortage of people watching on the bad days either. I do however seem to remember reading something about poor attendances in Perth and Melbourne last winter when the aussies were getting a good hiding from the Saffers...

Haha! I (loosely) quote my British friend: "No one cares about cricket in Britain. It's all about football". Ok, so that's one Brit, but he was making a sweeping statement. Anyway, savour the win. It'll back in Oz after the next series!
CrikeyKorea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

transferring money is as easy as going to a bank typing in the numbers and pressing send... i think i'm gonna be going to the stadium tomorrow and checking out what area we will be able to take. and possibly purchasing a bunch of tickets. ALso, I have been in contact with people at the footy federation i.e. socceroos HQ and they are sending our group a couple of big socceroos flags coz they heard that we are getting a big group together, so it should be a bloody ripper...
Conrad B Hart

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yabadabadooooooooooooooo! Aussies massacred in the final test. Smile

Stick to football ;-p
Kurtz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad B Hart wrote:
Yabadabadooooooooooooooo! Aussies massacred in the final test. Smile

Stick to football ;-p

Let's stay on topic here, but really, "Calling all Aussies" seems to have attracted our wind blown, dreary, pasty white Ango cousins to come and gloat about a series in which England played poorly most of the time, but just that Australia were woeful at times. One more wicket in the first test and The Ashes would be back where they belong.

What's worse? the sore losing Aussie or the sore winning POM? Seriously, I've never seen such a bunch of smug people in my life as the POMS when they win something.

I guess that stems from year after year of losing at just about everything Very Happy

Thanks for the effort CrikeyKorea, I'll send you a PM if I come to a final decision in the positive.
Ruthdes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrikeyKorea wrote:
ALso, I have been in contact with people at the footy federation i.e. socceroos HQ and they are sending our group a couple of big socceroos flags coz they heard that we are getting a big group together, so it should be a bloody ripper...

Nice work CrikeyKorea! This is gonna be awesome!
dragon777

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody got any good Aussie chants appropiate for soccer?

I just find our chants are really crap compared to everyone elses in the football world. "Oi oi oi" has been done to death.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: