Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CLG's complete guide to incheon immigration.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: CLG's complete guide to incheon immigration. Reply with quote

Mods: apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I've had a long day.

But without further ado

The Korean immigration service
In associaton with: Let's learn from other people's mistakes Productions
Proudly present:

How to get your re-entry visa on the e2 - A CLG odessy

(note I will also include information on the alien card registration because I am nice)

Introduction
The korean immigration is like any bureaucracy, they aren't user friendly. Be prepared, take more paperwork/money/passport photos than you need to. Ease of location and being user friendly is not something bureaucracies worry about: infact, they go out of their way to annoy you.

Now to the guts of it.
Incheon immigration serves the following areas. That thriving metropolis of incheon, as well as the following areas of Gyenoggi do: Bucheon, Ansan, Gwangmyung, Siheung, and Gimpo city. These locations may be closer to other immigration offices you can go to other offices, but chances are you will be sent back to Incheon (to find out which area you are in click here

If you want a single re-entry for your e2 you can do it at incheon airport. Head for check in Counters G and walk towards the wall and there's a sign saying immigration, go in a little corrider and it's on your right. Note you must have an, alien registration card, 30,000 won and a ticket indicating the period of your sojourn or you will be sent back to Incheon Immigration. If you want a multiple re-entry permit you must also go to Incheon Immigration Office.

To the Incheon immigration office
Decent bosses will take you to go and get your alien registration card, awesome bosses will take you there to get your multiple re-entry stamp as well.

But for all you DIYers out there CLG is here to help.

First, the Incheon Immigration is closed for lunch between 12 and 1. Don't go then.

The Incheon immigration office's offical address is: 1-17 Hang-dong 7-ga Jung-gu Incheon. So now that I've told you that there's a needle in they haystack I'll help you find it. The immigration office is part of the Yeonan wharf complex, so basically it's in the middle of nowhere.

The closest subway station is Dongincheon (second to last stop on the Incheon line) from there you have three choices.

The easy way:
Print this lovely map out before you go:

Hail a cab, point to the dark blue building, say yogiyo and your sorted.

The slightly harder way.
Catch one of the following Incheon buses: 3, 12, 24 (some of these you can catch from Bupyeong station) to Jungbu Police Station. The immigration office is next to the quarantine building and opposite a Korean air building.

The fit way.
You can walk from Dongincheon station, it takes about 20 min. First come out of Dongincheon station (there's only one exit). You will see a Kookmin bank branch on the other side of the street. Cross the road so you are on the same side as the bank. Then follow the train tracks back up towards dowon station. About 5-10min up the road there is a sign pointing towards yeonan wharf, without crossing the road, head away from the tracks up the road for 15min or so and your there.

Stuff you need

Alien Registration Card
3-4 passport photos, please note there is no booth there.
Money.
Passport (they will keep it for about a week).

Multiple re-entry visa
50,000won
Passport
Alien Registration Card

Doing the deed
When you enter immigration if you need a re-entry thing for your e2 grab a form off the guy at the booth. Then turn right and pay your fee for what you need. You'll get some stamps, don't lose them. If you want an alien registration card you'll get a form from the stamp person, you then fill out another form on the table fill them in. Then get your finger prints from the window on the extreme right leave your forms, because your done. Please come again and collect your card and passport.

For the e2 you fill in the form, go to the left section of the office. Go to booth number 2, hand over your forms. Your passport is stamped and your sorted.

CLG

Edited once by Harpeau, 10 AM, Sept. 4th, 2003.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slight variation on the taxi. If you don't print out the map, just say "Inha Dae Byongwon" (Inha Univ. Hospital). The hospital is across the street from Incheon immigration, as the map shows.

The buses are really frequent too, doesn't take long to get from the subway station to immigration, or vice versa.

And as CLG said, head to the right side window for Alien Registration Card- ignore the stuff on the left side of the 1st floor. They told me to come back a week later to pick up the ARC.

It was really windy both times I was there, but maybe because it was late fall/early winter. Probably not as bad this time of year.
Mashimaro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about some tips on leaving the country indefinitely... handing in your alien card etc.
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I let you know when I leave the country.

clg
waterbaby

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks CLG - this one's also going "straight to the pool room" Very Happy (aka waterbaby's FAQs)
JD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add that Kwangmyong is no longer part of the Incheon jursidiction as of last January. I learned this the hard way Sad You now need to go to Mok-dong if you live in Kwangmyong.
hippie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went today. Thanks, everyone, for your help.

I just want to add something for anyone taking the bus from Dong Incheon. Make sure you use the bus stop on the other side of the main street. You will have to go underground through the mall to cross the street because there are no crosswalks. As of right now, there is a KTF shop on the corner where you should come up from the shopping center. The buses can be caught in front of a McDonald's.

Also, the police station moved. So if you ask a taxi driver to take you to the police station, they might take you to the wrong place. You might need to ask to be taken to where the police station used to be.

For those who are directionally gifted, the immigration office is south of the Dong Incheon subway station.
I hope this helps.
DeMayonnaise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This info here is over 4 years old...any way someone could update it if things have changed (which I'm sure they have...)
Rob'sdad

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In December, 2006 I got a multiple re-entry stamp at the Inchon Airport. It took about 1 minute.
nyla54

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this process is similar for those with F-4?
Chambertin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea about the F-4, sorry.

If you come from the US, the visa you get from the stateside consulate is an automatic multiple entry. Make sure you check the status, it should have an M. If they messed up at the consulate then, ouch.

I made sure to ask when I got my visa, I got a dumb look, but a dumb look is better than trying to fix it when you realize its wrong.
Double fun if you're trying to re-enter after vacation.

Are you getting an F-4 plain? Or are you entering country / in country trying to register? It makes a big difference. (assumed from other country's laws)
Iamronin11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i only have a one way ticket and plan on purchasing one at my destination, will this stop them from giving me a re entry permit?
Carla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamronin11 wrote:
if i only have a one way ticket and plan on purchasing one at my destination, will this stop them from giving me a re entry permit?

Depends on where you are going. I assume you mean you are living/working in Korea, and are going on a trip outside? Usually, the rules say the other country won't let you in without proof that you are leaving (assuming you don't have a visa or something allowing you to stay). That being said, it's all up to chance. A lot of times they don't ask you. Just depends on the mood of the immigration officer that you end up with. For example, on my way abroad in America (when not on a working visa), I have always been asked for proof in the originating airports. People on here have said that they haven't been asked at the originating airports, but at the destination airports. I've never been asked at a destination airport. Some people say they haven't been asked. It's all up to chance. Are you talking about flying or ferry? Which country? Give more specifics and maybe someone who did the same thing will be able to help you out.

But back to the original question (lol, sorry, I drifted I guess) it won't stop you from getting a re-entry permit. I assume you're not American on an E-2? American E-2's are automatically multiple entry. Check your visa to see about yours. You might have one already.....
Iamronin11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am flying to canada to see the family in my home country, as i am canadian. i hope that helps
Carla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iamronin11 wrote:
i am flying to canada to see the family in my home country, as i am canadian. i hope that helps

Ya, you won't have any problem going to Canada. I would get a multiple entry stamp in your passport before you plan on leaving. Trust me, sometimes a nice little trip will help with stress. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: