Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

iPod Touch Aleternatives?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xpat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: iPod Touch Aleternatives? Reply with quote

I'm in the market for an MP3 player and have been thinking about the iPod Touch. I have a Nespot account which I heard can be a problem with the iPod Touch due to some active x.
Are there any good alterneatives out there?
hugekebab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the ipod can't really do flash, so a lot of korean website won't load properly.

Another alternative would be the new creative egg, I'm not a 100% sure if it's out yet though.

http://hootteworld.tistory.com/85
ulsanchris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the creative zii egg is not out yet. They have just released the developers kit. Which i'm sure you could buy anyways. creative just launched a new touch screen player so i don't think the official zii will be coming out anytime soon.
chevro1et

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that you need to be a bit more specific in what you require or want out of a new device, and prioritize them. Then, some alternatives can be suggested.
xpat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chevro1et wrote:
I think that you need to be a bit more specific in what you require or want out of a new device, and prioritize them. Then, some alternatives can be suggested.

I know that the iPod Touch can run Skype. If it can run it in the background and there is some way to get connected when the only thing avaliable is Nespot, then I'll buy the Touch. Otherwise, I would buy an alternative that will let me do this.
bassexpander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run skype on my 8gb touch (newer model that allows the microphone headphones). It has its own application you download from the app store for free. Yahoo's downloadable app for Yahoo chat will keep you online and put you back online whenever you find a wifi signal. I know this because my wife told me she has seen me log in and out on there with my ipod. I don't think Skype's does that, but i might be wrong. I think it logs you back in when you start the application, from what I can tell.

By the way, DO NOT buy the in-ear Apple headphones for 98,000. They are a complete rip-off, lack in bass extension, and have cord noise issues when you rub the cord. Go with the cheaper 30,000 or so ones from the Apple store.
bassexpander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks promising, if you want nespot:

http://www.neoearly.net/2462177
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: