Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Rogers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Rogers Reply with quote

It's going to be amazing. What a great card. Freaking Dreamcatcher, Shields, Werdum, Sokoudjou--not to mention Fedor vs Rogers. I haven't been this excited for a sporting event in a while.

Who do you have winning the main event (or other fights on the main card)? I've always gotta root for Fedor, but every time he fights now, I get a bit nervous. Is he finally past his prime? Has someone finally found a way to dismantle the machine?

He was getting bullied by Arlovski in his last fight--and if the Pit Bull hadn't been so reckless, he looked like he had a fair chance at MAYBE taking the victory. Rogers demolished Arlovski. Obviously, MMA math doesn't mean almost anything, but still, it's got me worried about Fedor. Don't have anything against Rogers though, and would love for him to continue to thrive in MMA. Both are amazing people inside and outside the ring.

Do you think he'll be able to take down the Emperor?
rumdiary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogers will have a hard time keeping the fight standing. I think Fedor will sub him early in the first round.

Silva and Werdum should be a war.

Mousasi by KO round 1.

Shields by descision.

One of the best cards to come along in a long time. Strikeforce just signed Aoki and according to Dana White himself, Dan Henderson. They have a deal with CBS and I hope they continue to grow.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like they're beginning the broadcast on SBS Sports now.

Silva vs Werdum is the first bout.
jon_blaze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedor's punches look wild. Watched it streaming this morning/afternoon and the punches that Brett landed were mean but damn Fedor is one strong little Russian.
Hova

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henderson is still a free agent. His rep made a statement to sherdog.com about it.

As for the fight, sounds like many of you haven't watched it yet so I won't give out any spoilers but I will say the card was ok... I didn't expect much from it and pretty much saw what I expected. The Silva vs Werdum fight was a good fight though.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Henderson was demanding to be the highest paid - by far -fighter on the UCF roster, which seems pretty unreasonable.

Fedor - Rogers was a very entertaining slugfest. Due to his size and unexpectedly good submission defense, Rogers seemed to have a clear advantage on the ground. If he hooks up with a decent boxing trainer and learns to avoid getting hit by a lead right hook, he'd have a very good chance of beating him next time.
Chet Wautlands

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict Fedor will knock him out. I'm really good at predictions.
billyg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chet Wautlands wrote:

LOL...

great fight... really hate the people who say fedor was exposed... apparently was exposed in the fujita fight, the arlovski fight, and the randleman fight... the end result in all those fights was fedor winnin by either a knockout or a submission.
go figure.
shifter2009

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyg wrote:
Chet Wautlands wrote:

LOL...

great fight... really hate the people who say fedor was exposed... apparently was exposed in the fujita fight, the arlovski fight, and the randleman fight... the end result in all those fights was fedor winnin by either a knockout or a submission.
go figure.

Exposed the world to his giant right hand. 31 fights, 31 wins, only loss comes on a cut. In the fluky world of MMA, that is mind boggling record.
billyg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shifter2009 wrote:
billyg wrote:
Chet Wautlands wrote:

LOL...

go figure.

Exposed the world to his giant right hand. 31 fights, 31 wins, only loss comes on a cut. In the fluky world of MMA, that is mind boggling record.

agreed. which is why, until he loses, he's the best in the world. all the ufc huggers will say gsp or silva... those dudes have losses on their record... fedor doesn't.
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rteacher wrote:

Fedor - Rogers was a very entertaining slugfest. Due to his size and unexpectedly good submission defense, Rogers seemed to have a clear advantage on the ground. If he hooks up with a decent boxing trainer and learns to avoid getting hit by a lead right hook, he'd have a very good chance of beating him next time.

I don't see how Rogers had a clear advantage or any advantage at all on the ground. Rogers only chance is a puncher's chance. I highly doubt he'd have a "very good" chance of beating Fedor next time.
billyg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloopity Bloop wrote:
Rteacher wrote:

I don't see how Rogers had a clear advantage or any advantage at all on the ground. Rogers only chance is a puncher's chance. I highly doubt he'd have a "very good" chance of beating Fedor next time.

true. his best chance in the fight will be on his feet... but learning how to sprawl and get back to his feet... puts in a good spot to win... do i need to see a rematch? not yet... let rogers get a few wins first...

by the way, was it me or was rogers pretty disrespectful... didn't give him any credit, didn't shake his hand... that wasn't good to see.
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

billyg wrote:

do i need to see a rematch? not yet... let rogers get a few wins first...

by the way, was it me or was rogers pretty disrespectful... didn't give him any credit, didn't shake his hand... that wasn't good to see.

I agree with what I've selected out of your post. It wasn't a Shogun vs Lyoto match... so why would there need to be a rematch anytime soon?

Also, I did notice Rogers getting a bit disrespectful. He didn't congratulate Fedor or anything, he just kept saying, "This isn't happening, this isn't happening... You best believe I'll throw him next time!" Maybe it was the shock from his first loss, but that doesn't excuse him from behaving in any way he wants. Lost a bit of respect for him because of his post-fight comments.
billyg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloopity Bloop wrote:
billyg wrote:

do i need to see a rematch? not yet... let rogers get a few wins first...

I agree with what I've selected out of your post. It wasn't a Shogun vs Lyoto match... so why would there need to be a rematch anytime soon?

Also, I did notice Rogers getting a bit disrespectful. He didn't congratulate Fedor or anything, he just kept saying, "This isn't happening, this isn't happening... You best believe I'll throw him next time!" Maybe it was the shock from his first loss, but that doesn't excuse him from behaving in any way he wants. Lost a bit of respect for him because of his post-fight comments.

yeah... and even worse than rogers attitude is the attitude his trainer has, mike reilly... can't stand that guy. in the post-fight interview he 'demanded' a rematch, or a fight with overeem (strikeforce hw champ)... not sure how you would earn a title shot after losing to fedor... and aside from how well rogers did... he finished the fight by getting knocked the hell out... in devastating fashion.

someone needs to remind his trainer that.

rogers vs werdum, fedor vs overeem... that'll keep things interesting.
The Cosmic Hum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
agreed. which is why, until he loses, he's the best in the world. all the ufc huggers will say gsp or silva... those dudes have losses on their record... fedor doesn't.

I don't think anyone could reasonably argue that gsp or silva are even in the same category as Fedor.
There is little doubt that gsp and silva are great fighters...but Fedor is without doubt in a legue of his own when it comes to the fight game.
Regardless of his future, Fedor has raised the bar of the fight world beyond the reach of mere mortals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: