Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Directions To Costco - any place, share what you know
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Yangjae Exit debate.

The short 8 bus loops around Yangjae station. Starting at Exit 6 it turns the corner and goes a little past exit 5. It then does a U-turn and heads back towards Exit 4, then turns right and stops just past exit 7. The bus stops a little ways from each of the exits. The quickest exit to get to Costco is the number 7 exit, but then you'll have to arm wrestle for a seat.

My first time trying to figure out I actually got onto the bus at exit 6 and had to do the whole ride around the station. By the time it left the exit 7 stop the bus was absolutely filled.

Daum map showing the number 8 Maeul bus route:
http://local.daum.net/map/index.jsp?busInfoId=1100071167
wylies99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassexpander wrote:
Just bought a big leather recliner from Costco.

I was there this evening picking up lunch meat. I noticed large pumpkin pies for 6,990 won and 310 candy canes for 11,000. They even have more varieties of Twinings tea. Wink
curiousaboutkorea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ilsan Costco.

This one is really close to the subway.

Go to Baekseok Station, line 3/orange line (5th station from the end of the line).

Go out exit 2 and walk straight. Turn left at the end of the block (Baskin Robbins is on the corner). Walk for 2 blocks and Costco will be on the opposite corner. (These blocks are really short, you might be able to see Costco once you make the first turn at Baskin Robbins)
Daniel_D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is closest Costco to Anyang Station?
bassexpander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wylies99 wrote:
bassexpander wrote:

I was there this evening picking up lunch meat. I noticed large pumpkin pies for 6,990 won and 310 candy canes for 11,000. They even have more varieties of Twinings tea. Wink

Did you see those massive Christmas tree balls in a tube?
Draz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel_D wrote:
What is closest Costco to Anyang Station?

Yangjae. There is a red bus you can catch near Myeonghak Station that goes there directly. I went that way one time months ago and I don't remember the bus number or stop name. Traffic was bad, it took forever (like an hour), so I never did it that way again. (On the way home from work aka during rush hour.)
Draz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wylies99 wrote:
bassexpander wrote:

omg omg Very Happy Shocked I will look for these when I go today!!
ticktocktocktick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yangjae Costco:

From Yangjae or Seonbawi (line 4) ask a cab driver for 'Yangjae E-mart' as I've never had a cabbie know what or where Costco is. If you're coming from the south, it's best to use Seonbawi stn.
tzechuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yangjae Costco is BUSY Shocked

I didn't even go there to shop, just to meet with the marketing people. They took me on a tour of the shop and I was constantly bumped into... I think I definitely prefer Daejeon, where we can shop in tranquility (except Saturday and Sunday....).
Xuanzang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bassexpander wrote:
wylies99 wrote:
bassexpander wrote:

Did you see those massive Christmas tree balls in a tube?

Allegedly unbreakable.
nuorange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daejeon Cosctco

Go to SeoDaeJeon train station. Walk next door.
mayorgc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ticktocktocktick wrote:
Yangjae Costco:

From Yangjae or Seonbawi (line 4) ask a cab driver for 'Yangjae E-mart' as I've never had a cabbie know what or where Costco is. If you're coming from the south, it's best to use Seonbawi stn.

How long does a taxi take from seonbawi to costco?

also, are there bus lines that run from seonbawi to costco, like there is at yangjae?
ticktocktocktick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about 10 mins in a cab, maybe W4000ish. There's not so much traffic round Seonbawi. I don't know about a bus.

Last edited by ticktocktocktick on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHHHH! Stop telling people about the pumpkin pies at Costco.

My friends and I frequent the YDP-gu one. Been to the Yangjae branch once and boy was that a surreal experience. The leaves had just started to change and the cold started kicking in. It was towards the end of an already long day. Upon exiting the station and asking someone about the whereabouts of our wondrous destination, we were simply pointed to a seemingly arbitrary direction. There were no "Costco 100m" signs or anything. Thing is, nobody else we asked along the way told us how long it would take to walk there either; and all we got were points. We must've asked like 5 or 6 (groups of) people along the way. Also, we were the only people walking in that direction and hundreds of people had just left an anime convention and were walking the opposite way decked out in all manner of costume. 1.5 hours later, we were finally there. By that time, we were in a frayed mental state and had lost all enthusiasm the thought of Costco had previously bestowed upon us. We walked in like zombies, bought a few hotdogs, ate in silence, and left. It's all about the YDP for me now.

I've noticed that Costco brings out the worst in people here. People push and shove and leave their carts in the middle of heavy-trafficked aisles with no regard for anyone around them in order to pick up the first 5 samples some poor adjumma has just laid down. I don't know why people don't just stand in a circle around the sample counters with their mouths open so the lady can just toss the samples in. It frustrates me to no end when I'm waiting patiently in line for ONE sample and people just butt in, grab almost all of them, and walk away, all the while going, "MASHISOYOOOOO..."

I ACTUALLY THANK the sample ladies whenever I take ONE, because they must hate their jobs. For a while, I thought about writing signs in Korean that read, "It's a sample counter, not a buffet" and taping them to the tables, but I'm probably just overreacting.

End of my Korean Costco rant.

ps. I think it's kind of funny when I buy a hotdog and refuse the accompanying packet of relish, the expression of shock and "what is wrong with this human being?" on the cashier's face inevitably is priceless.

Oh yeah, Costco in Japan is awesome. Better quality food, product selection, and service.

Last edited by Bloopity Bloop on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xuanzang

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloopity Bloop wrote:

Oh yeah, Costco in Japan is awesome. Better quality food, product selection, and service.

SHHHH! Don't tell everyone that goes for most other things as well. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: