Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neilsputnik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: . Reply with quote

deleted.

Last edited by neilsputnik on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
frankly speaking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

losers take drugs. Admitting to drug use on an open forum is pretty stupid. Korea used to have the same penalty for possession if you failed the drug test.

You do know that if you use your computer at home it can be tracked. Don't admit to illegal things. Shouldn't do them in the first place.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do us all a favor and dont come to korea, if you've done any research about this place you would know better than to mention this.

some people are that stupid though
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing legally preventing the Korean police from asking for a hair sample, in which case they could determine if you've been a drug user for the past year or so. Just don't do the drugs.
nautilus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're being a bit harsh on the OP.

Mushies are not exactly classified as hard drugs exactly.Its plausible that Korea would not test for them. Probably 95% of westerners have had them at some point.

However..I do know that the health checks/blood tests I've had done.. in Korea at least ..give a long, thoeough printout of every last chemical and substance. Unless you know for sure that this substance is not on the red list...then don't go near them.
Perceptioncheck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nautilus wrote:
I think you're being a bit harsh on the OP.

Mushies are not exactly classified as hard drugs exactly.Its plausible that Korea would not test for them. Probably 95% of westerners have had them at some point.

However..I do know that the health checks/blood tests I've had done.. in Korea at least ..give a long, thoeough printout of every last chemical and substance. Unless you know for sure that this substance is not on the red list...then don't go near them.

I'm with nautilius on this. Give the guy a break. He hasn't even done anything illegal yet and when he does, he won't be doing it in Korea. Or are the tenticles of the Korean judicary much longer (and more efficient) than anyone ever suspected?

Incidentally, I believe mushrooms were legal in Japan until a few years ago.

OP If you're that worried, check on the internet how long the stuff stays in your blood. I'd say it won't be that long. Most drugs - apart from pot - are gone within the week.

And to the person who mentioned hair samples - really? I mean, really?
FistFace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not harsh.

Loooooser.
frankly speaking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell kind of argument is hard and soft drugs. Are they an hallucinatory, yes.

Can you go to jail for having it in your system in Korea, yes.

Japan is not Korea. Besides your fact is wrong. Even as recent as 10 years ago, they were highly illegal in Japan, available but illegal.

With losers taking drugs and talking about it on public forums when they are about to come to Korea where drugs are not acceptable is stupid.

There are enough stupid regulations, because of past losers. I don't want to jump through any more hoops next years contract because of more losers doing drugs.

Mods, please delete this thread. It will do nothing but fuel the fire for AES
Perceptioncheck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankly speaking wrote:
What the hell kind of argument is hard and soft drugs. Are they an hallucinatory, yes.

Can you go to jail for having it in your system in Korea, yes.

Japan is not Korea. Besides your fact is wrong. Even as recent as 10 years ago, they were highly illegal in Japan, available but illegal.

With losers taking drugs and talking about it on public forums when they are about to come to Korea where drugs are not acceptable is stupid.

There are enough stupid regulations, because of past losers. I don't want to jump through any more hoops next years contract because of more losers doing drugs.

Mods, please delete this thread. It will do nothing but fuel the fire for AES

I only mentioned it because when I lived there many people said it had only just become illegal. And wikipedia backs me up. So ha! Put that in your pipe and smoke it! (Or not. Whatever turns you on, I guess)

What if the active ingredient in mushrooms is no longer in his system by the time he reaches Korea? Then technically he's done nothing wrong (in Korea, anyway)
DosEquisXX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These "losers take drugs" people have to get off their soapbox and quit preaching. People do drugs and you can't stop them. Mocking and bashing them for it isn't going to change their minds or habits.

Anyway, it's not worth the risk. Just tell them the truth. If they're your friends, then they will understand.
neilsputnik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: High School Morality Reply with quote

Thanks for the (sane) replies. Doesn't look like I will be going near them then.

Also, I am quite frankly and absolutely, utterly, completely astounded at comments about being a loser if one takes drugs.

However, contrary to such opinions, those comments are laden with high school conservative morality. Get an education. What are you guys, some characture of Mid-West Texas? God, guns, bullets, beat the wife, hate the blacks, drugs are bad amen?

If one actually based decisions on scientific evidence and not what mummy and daddy told you, perhaps your 15th Century opinions based on hearsay would reveal themselves to you as plain idiotic. So in conclusion, there is a pot and kettle somewhere having a conversation....

Cheers.
VFRinterceptor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call BS on this troll.

Last edited by VFRinterceptor on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
VFRinterceptor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: High School Morality Reply with quote

neilsputnik wrote:
Thanks for the (sane) replies. Doesn't look like I will be going near them then.

Also, I am quite frankly and absolutely, utterly, completely astounded at comments about being a loser if one takes drugs.

However, contrary to such opinions, those comments are laden with high school conservative morality. Get an education. What are you guys, some characture of Mid-West Texas? God, guns, bullets, beat the wife, hate the blacks, drugs are bad amen?

If one actually based decisions on scientific evidence and not what mummy and daddy told you, perhaps your 15th Century opinions based on hearsay would reveal themselves to you as plain idiotic. So in conclusion, there is a pot and kettle somewhere having a conversation....

Cheers.

First off, keep the Cheers' to yourself. I won't be raising my cup to you anytime soon. Secondly, if you want to do drugs and argue that people who are against it are backward thinking hicks, think again. I'm from DC, I grew up around it 24/7 and I've seen where it leads you buddy. And I don't care how harmless or natural shrooms are, I know people that have serious addiction issues, and it's not as 'rad' or 'awesome' as you think. I'm all for legalizing some drugs, but that kind of stuff just doesn't fly here for one secon.

Do I even need to mention what kind of police state e-2's are under these days?

Instead of shrooms, try hiking. Instead of drugs, try learning some Korean. Coming here should be a journey of your spirit, one where you can face obstacles and adversity and find some new strength you've got buried under the bong residue.
Goon-Yang

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manner of Speaking wrote:
There's nothing legally preventing the Korean police from asking for a hair sample, in which case they could determine if you've been a drug user for the past year or so. Just don't do the drugs.

Except a warrant:)
neilsputnik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Childish Reply with quote

Childish, normatively prescriptive, and judgmental. Gooday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: