Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travel Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vox_Populi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently tried to buy airline tickets to China through Xanadu Travel. I filled out their online form and it said that they would call or email me shortly. I didn't hear from them so the next day I called. They apologized and again promised to call back within a day. They didn't. So, I gave up and bought my tickets online through a US ticket seller sight in dollars.

I can't believe how horrible their customer service was!
dragon777

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing two weeks ago and still waiting.
indyflyguy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a travel agent that handles domestic flights? Want to fly from Seoul to Jeju this month. Thanks!
chris_J2

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Top Travel Reply with quote

Quote:
I've never had problems with Kang Sung Eun of Top Travel (02-738-3563) She speaks English well and is located (as of last summer anyway) in the big Top Travel office in the YMCA building in Jongyo.

The YMCA is in Jonggak, not Jongyo. 5th floor too, btw.

I'm not impressed with Top Travel. I've been contacting them repeatedly since Thursday night last week by email & phone (several times) & no response to date. I went into Seoul on Saturday, but they were closed. I rang them again this morning, & they said they were busy at a meeting. I rang them a few moments ago, & was told that their staff are out on lunch. Well if that's their attitude, I'll try another travel agent.
Doublekross

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried 072.com (aka lastminute.co.kr)?

I just want some opinions or thoughts on them.
potblackettle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya.

My husband, 2 year old son and I are planning to go to the World Expo in Shanghai in November.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a travel agency that could arrange flights, hotel, Expo tickets and visas (yes, I'm lazy). I'm willing to pay a bit more to be able to do it all through one agent (chasing a toddler around isn't conducive to hardcore trip planning).

Thanks!
chris_J2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kises Travel", (an affiliate of STA), are in the same building & floor as Top Travel, & had an itinerary emailed to me within 5 minutes, compared to the failure of Top Travel after 5 days.

Just be sure that your airline booking, exactly matches the name appearing in your passport. They initially weren't going to sell me the ticket, because I had emailed them as 'Chris', rather than 'Christopher'. Silly, I know, but that's the airline's rules. I filled out a declaration form in Incheon, but HK staff didn't care.

So 'Robert' not Bob, 'Jennifer' not Jenny, 'Kimberly' not Kim, Maxwell not Max, Jonathan not Jon, & so on.

Also get the order right, as Chinese & east/se Asians almost always put the surname first & Christian name last. I've been called 'Mr Chris' more than once. ie:

If the Passport says "Smith, Jonathan", then the airline booking must also be "Smith, Jonathan", NOT Jon Smith.
ovrproof

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Kangsan is a rip off~! Reply with quote

Just letting everyone know....

To get a visa from Kangsan travel is rediculously expensive!!!
for my chinese visa last summer i paid 50 000 won through them...ive been on their site recently and seen now it's 60 000 and if u dont book your flight through them it's another 30 000!!! that's nuts!

I could easily just go to the china consulate in Busan and get it for 35 000 so shop around with different travel agents,etc before getting your visa through KANGSAN TRAVEL cause they're just a rip off!!!!

I've had shitty experiences with them, they charge more than other travel agents/websites ive been on...so definately, compare and contrast because i'm sure ull get a better deal else where...just a warning for all us foreigners!!!
njp6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to do it, but I have to cast a vote against Zenith travel.

My wife and I have booked numerous flights through them before and everything was okay. This past vacation we booked flights into Hanoi, Vietnam; then to Siem Reap, Cambodia; then to Saigon, Vietnam. All was well until we tried to get on the flight from Siem Reap to Saigon. At the airport we were informed that we only had single entry visas and we needed multiple entry visas (Zenith travel took care of all flights and visas at a price). We weren't able to get on that flight and we had to go to Phnom Penh and wait three days to get our new visas and new flights. We were traveling for a month, so this mistake didn't wasn't detrimental, but if someone were traveling for 2 weeks and this happened to them, they'd be royally screwed.

Zenith did get us new flights. However, they were hardly apologetic. To them this seemed like a small mix up, and they told us that if we wanted multiple entry visas we should have paid more. We went to a travel agent so mistakes like this wouldn't happen. I could have screwed up the visas at a lesser expense. Just thought I'd spread the news so others might avoid these types of mistakes as well.

Lessons Learned:
-Check your visas even if a travel agent gets them for you.
-Don't use Zenith.
byyc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Unique Travel is terrible Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let others know that I have been having a terrible time with Unique Travel.

Although the guy they transferred me to speaks perfect English (seems like a native speaker), he is rude, condescending and unprofessional. While I'm learning that travel agencies here don't offer the same level of service as elsewhere, it is nonetheless disappointing and frustrating, especially when you are at their mercy for information and making arrangements. Sad
valkerie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Kangsan is a rip off~! Reply with quote

ovrproof wrote:
Just letting everyone know....

To get a visa from Kangsan travel is rediculously expensive!!!
for my chinese visa last summer i paid 50 000 won through them...ive been on their site recently and seen now it's 60 000 and if u dont book your flight through them it's another 30 000!!! that's nuts!

I could easily just go to the china consulate in Busan and get it for 35 000 so shop around with different travel agents,etc before getting your visa through KANGSAN TRAVEL cause they're just a rip off!!!!

I've had shitty experiences with them, they charge more than other travel agents/websites ive been on...so definately, compare and contrast because i'm sure ull get a better deal else where...just a warning for all us foreigners!!!

Just to share my expereince last week.... despite what the website says the Busan consulate no longer acceot in person apps. There is a list of 'approved' travel agents somewhere, trying to track it down. It is in Korean but these places are not allowed to charge you more than 20 thousanbd over the visa fees.
spitfire81

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To verify what Valkerie said I called the Busan Chinese consulate today and they said I had to use a travel agency.
valkerie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a great place in Chinatown Busan. I will get round to posting the info here but if anyone wants it before just reply to the thread and nag me Smile
Hawkeye Pierce

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doublekross wrote:
Has anyone tried 072.com (aka lastminute.co.kr)?

I just want some opinions or thoughts on them.

They have the worst customer service I have ever seen.

I sent the money in time, but I still don't have a ticket and they want 160,000+ won more before I get my ticket. They said the price went up. Its now 2.5 weeks after I made the original reservation, so my options now are very limited. They couldn't bill my Visa check card. I had to send the money from the bank. THEY NEVER NOTIFIED ME THAT THERE WAS A PROBLEM! Only after I had a Korean friend call did I learn they wanted more money. That was only after initially saying every thing was OK.

I would have been far better served either using a travel agent in Itaewon or wiring the money home and buying online using that account.

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Hawkeye Pierce

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the follow up.

I was only notified of the problem Tuesday night before the Wednesday holiday. I spent Wednesday talking to travel agents. Thursday, I had my Korean friend call them to try to get them to issue the ticket based upon the agreed price. It took most of the afternoon, and several phone calls, but they eventually agreed. (My friend confirmed that they have no one who speaks or writes English in the company.) From what I was told, they were blaming the airline for the problem. The reality is that if they had any kind of customer service, this would never have happened. (They could have sent me an email in Korean, but they didn't.) The easiest part of any business should be collecting the money. I had to return the favor to my Korean friend today by helping out this morning. So all told, this cost me three days that I shouldn't have needed to have been bothered with it simply collecting my e-tickets. Yes, they did apologize, but I don't see any indication that this problem won't repeat itself in the future with foreigners who can't call them.

The lesson here is that travel and Korean travel agencies on the internet don't mix. Anyone who uses these services needs to have a Korean call about payment, and then call again after the money has been transferred, as many times as needed until the e-tickets have been issued. There was nothing convenient about this service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: