Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Share 3 true things about yourself.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcviking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I only drink on the weekends but still have huge bar bills.

2. I spend most of time listening to music and playing xbox live after classes.

3. I am in love with my coteacher but know better then to act upon it.
mc_jc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I go to Itaewon every weekend and my favorite hangouts are Gecko's and King Club in the late hours and Polly's in the early morning

2. I love playing RPGs like BattleTech

3. My agency was briefly involved in the rendition program operated by the CIA when I took over as director

Bonus- Although I am a firm believer in the Obama administration, I am not a huge fan of "big government" and I signed on for newsletters from the Tea Party Movement
tall_dave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I hate being alone.

2. I'm a relatively nice guy but have the appearance of a mean biker, which I sometimes use to my advantage.

3. I have A.D.D. but have learned to cope with it and use it for gain.
SuzyQ2828

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenlightmeansGO wrote:
aboxofchocolates wrote:
1. I sleep around.
2. I'm a feminist.
3. I like martial arts.

Hiiiii! Very Happy

So... Basically she'll sleep with you, then when you leave she will complain that all guys leave after fucking, then if you don't leave she will roundhouse kick you to the head.. Sounds like a winner!
Kurtz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is her role model, pure class!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eycDq4NW88o
MarketFresh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: 3 things about yourself Reply with quote

1. i'm a gentleman
2. have a hard time deciding what i want at this time
3. wondering how i have ever ended up in korea and not in japan
.38 Special

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I'm hyper-active.
2. I'm a right-wing extremist.
3. I'm mind-numbingly lazy.

Shocked
kimchi_pizza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two ferocious, trouble-make'n ferrets that will nibble the toes off anyone upon command.

I'm a Korean War battles researcher and relic hunter.

I own 8 wheels: a scooter, a heavy motorcycle and a car each serving a distinct purpose - inner-city trips, long distance road trips, and even longer, over-night road trips.
Jimskins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I once had a one on one with Princess Diana.
2.I've only been married 5 months but am worried that it is making me more conservative.
3. I fell off a 100 ft quarry when I was 9 and escaped with a gashed knee.
PRagic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. It it not uncommon for me to find out after the fact that I've worn my t-shirt inside out for extended periods of time.
2. If pushed for my name and contact information, sometimes I hand out old business cards that I received years and years ago from other people and then fade into the crowd.
3. My nose is the first part of my body that tends to sunburn.
teecee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I love Facebook but I also hate it because it reminds me of how I'll never be able to be in one place with all those people.
2. I love Marmite.
3. I love sports-I'll watch just about any athletic competition.
Cerberus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draz wrote:
Janny wrote:
I understand men.

Once you're out of Asia you might find that your understanding of men is culturally informed and be able to raise your standards a bit. Not to get your hopes up or anything, but it seems like every man in Asia has that disconnect between sex and love, but it isn't like that everywhere in the world. Or at least, there are places where men are expected to remain faithful instead of women expected to be understanding.

hmm. that's interesting. I wonder what "places" you are thinking of.
Bob Jones University?

1) Europe? - no way, though this varies by country. It is fair to say though that Europeans are way more laissez faire about sex, sexuality, sex with a stranger while "on vacation" etc.

2) Latin America? - Shocked haha
Latin men will screw anything that moves they are the biggest natural cads on Earth. Both the men and the women are insansely jealous though so now you know how they always have never ending telenovela material and how male body organs have been detached in fits of rage (happens in thailand too)

3). Africa? Shocked very patriarchial societies.

4) Middle East? religious nonsense nonwithstanding, go to Pattaya one day and check out the hundreds and hundreds, thousands? of Arabs/Muslims in their own little quarter there. Saudi men like to vacation in Syria. Their accomodations usually come with young Syrian women as a part of the deal. Also, Israeli males are runners up to Latins in the cad department.

5) can't comment on Australia.

6) I guess this means all you really have left now is Puritanville, North America, eh? Or have you been watching that movie the puritan religious loons love about the penguins?

in none of the other places are women expected to be understanding, nor are they, but for men the world over, sex and love are not necessarily intertwined. Their fidelity is typically determined by societal pressures (aka religion first and foremost) and then simply by the individual himself, given his options..

as Chris Rock has said - men are as faithful as their options, which is why it was insane for someone like Tiger Woods to get married.

(that whole options argument runs into interesting counter-arguments when you have someone like Tiger boinking the wide variety of complete skanks and hosebags that he has when he has Elin but yet another reason why sex and love for a man have little to do with each other)

btw it's quite common (in literature for e.g.) to run across comments related to males along the lines of "taking care of one's physical needs".

It's a concept readily understood the world over, perhaps more so in Asia than other places, culturally speaking because monotheistic religious nonsense hasn't established such deep roots here.
fromtheuk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose sleeping with anything that moves at the risk of spreading HIV and any other STD is a 'shining' example of non-religious, humanist morality.

I think your characterization of men as nothing more than horny animals ready to do whatever they can get away with is pretty crass and inaccurate.

That may be true of some people, but not everybody is like that. I find those who effortlessly trash religion can only think about sex and nothing else when it comes to analysing gender.

You develop a philosophy of life based on the throwaway comment of a tedious stand-up comic?

I've visited Thailand, it was depressing. Women prostituing themselves to get out of abject poverty, very young kids on the street cleaning cars as drivers stop at traffic lights etc.

As in Korea, every street corner had some form of massage parlour. I'd say that is a major weakness, and I'd say their their lack of monotheistic faith is the cause of that. It's a bit disgusting to see women as nothing more than prostitutes, it seems Asia has no problem with that.

Some men may actually want to be faithful to their women. Sure, some may not care. While others may find their lust gets the better of them.

But to suggest all men will cheat whenever they get the chance is a major generalization. I was faithful to my wife until we got divorced. Laughing
caniff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an Aries.

I love sunsets and taking long walks on the beach.

I once had my big toenail ripped off by the towrope when I was waterskiing.
DorkothyParker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I consider myself to be very socially awkward but I also worry that I could be normal and that it's just a self-fulfilling prophecy.

2. I like to think I'm pragmatic, but I very rarely see things in the "gray" perspective. Rather I take on both sides of extremes sometimes contradicting myself in the process.

3. I don't like chocolate cake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: