Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheapest way to osaka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:44 am    Post subject: Cheapest way to osaka Reply with quote

assuming a decent ration of time/cost of course (no 18 hour ferries). I just spent a weekend there and forgot how much i loved hanging out with my mates there, so really wnat to make it a bit mroe regular. The last mission was top whack airplane prices, but i swear to god after i bought my ticket i came across a site talking about a dirt cheap ticket for using the beetle/JR.

ive tried various search combinations and cant find it again (i think it was just mocking my 500 bucks airfare at the time), and id obviously really like to find it again. Anyone know where it is and what the deal is? Im sure theres more than one of you that have done this on the visa run, so figured someone here would know.
Murakano

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you`ve checked Jeju Air? They do cheap flights to Osaka also....
moosehead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

find yourself a good travel agent and book flights way ahead of time is your best bet.

I took the ferry to Fukuoka and then a train to Osaka once, it was a very long, exhausting trip and the bullets are pretty expensive; much cheaper to fly because your time costs, too, you know? as well as meals, etc.
sugarloaf82

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend and I just bought tickets through JejuAir (www.jejuair.net) from Gimpo to Osaka for a weekend in the beginning of June for 300,000won each. We thought that was a good price for a weekend trip. It was a lot cheaper than any of the other airlines (Korean, Asiana, ANA, Japan) and being from Gimpo is more convenient than having to go to Incheon, IMO.

They also fly from Incheon to Osaka. You need to be able to read Korean to use their website though.
guava

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://info.korail.com/2007/eng/etr/etr01000/w_etr01100.jsp

With one ticket, you could use Korea�s KTX, Beetle the 2 and the sparrow, adjutant ferry, Japan railroad to easily travel around Japan, and this travel package is possible to use after being issued a passport and visa.

Use-by date of boarding pass: 7 days from the first to the last boarding
Fare Discount: KTX 30%, ship of Korea-Japan 30%, Japan railroad 9~30%
Location of ticket place and information to buy boarding pass
- Hong-Ik traveling agency (www.7788tour.co.kr)
- (TEL) 02- 717-1002
ippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah! its a korail webpage. No wonder i couldnt find the stupid thing Smile
Thanks man, thats exactly what i was looking for!
ippy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moosehead wrote:
find yourself a good travel agent and book flights way ahead of time is your best bet.

I took the ferry to Fukuoka and then a train to Osaka once, it was a very long, exhausting trip and the bullets are pretty expensive; much cheaper to fly because your time costs, too, you know? as well as meals, etc.

yeah, it needs to be a careful balance of time versus cost. I did the whole hikari to hakata thing just the other month (was on a JR rail pass snowboard mission - travel time was crazy obviously), but its not too harsh. Also, im in naju, so the bus from busan beats hanging around yongsan for three hours waiting for my next train Smile Anyway, its all just things for me to think about at the end of the day. Ive just always had a bit of a thing for osaka Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: