Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K pension refund procedure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Misera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

travelnguy wrote:

Did this work for anyone? I didn't see a blue circle with a little girl. I did go through the website and I did find 보험료 남부내역, but I couldn't log in. I never got the e-certificate password portion.

It's never worked for me either.. but you can just call them and ask and they'll tell you the figures.
MollyBloom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...when you are collecting the whole amount, are you also getting refunded what your school contributed?
Misera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MollyBloom wrote:
So...when you are collecting the whole amount, are you also getting refunded what your school contributed?

yes Very Happy
Tobias

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MollyBloom wrote:

Yes, you get it all, plus a little bit of interest on top of it.
JoelCosmeJr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all the other documents, but I don't have a paper plane ticket. My flight is already booked online. Could I print out a copy of my receipt and itinerary as proof that I am leaving Korea? It is a one way flight back to the states. Also, does anyone know how soon I can go to the pension office before leaving Korea? (I recall a month for some reason).

Tobias wrote:

1. ARC
2. Plane ticket
3. Target bank information
4. Calculations of what your refund should be
5. Pay stubs in case you need to cross check figures

I had to fill out a form that was front and back, and that was it. My target bank account was inside Korea, so it took only about 3 weeks for it to be deposited there. It takes a bit longer if you're having your refund deposited into an account back in your home country.

You should bring your passport as well, just in case it's wanted.
Tobias

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoelCosmeJr wrote:
I have all the other documents, but I don't have a paper plane ticket. My flight is already booked online. Could I print out a copy of my receipt and itinerary as proof that I am leaving Korea? It is a one way flight back to the states. Also, does anyone know how soon I can go to the pension office before leaving Korea? (I recall a month for some reason).

A print-out of the ticket with a receipt should be fine. If there is any question, you can always have the officer call up the travel agent to verify your plans. Print outs will have to do, as fewer and fewer paper tickets are being issued these days. I think tickets are issued only electronically, but one can get a paper ticket if he asks for it. A paper ticket can be had for an extra fee in the US now.
Mithrae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to leave Korea for a week or two for the express purpose of claiming my pension. I've been to the pension office with my one way ticket, and I will tell the people at the airport that 'I'm not coming back.' But I do plan to come back and find another job (of course, entering the country again on a tourist visa until I find work). Will that work, or will everything be screwed up once I'm employed and they see that I'm back into the system again.

Here's the thing, I'll probably be legally employed in Korea again before the anticipated 'pay out' date of my pension refund.

Any informed opinions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Mithra
ekimswish

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend worked for Wonderland about 3 years ago, and CDI (salary and hourly) the last couple of years.

When I went to collect my pension 3 years ago I asked if my friend at Wonderland could collect, too, since his school said he shouldn't pay into it. The woman emphatically replied to me, "Yes, it's impossible that he hasn't paid into it. If he has an alien card, then he is paying into it."

He was too chicken to look into it then, thinking his employer would screw him on the rest of his pay if he did.

He left and came back though, and has worked at CDI ever since. As most people know, CDI claims that they don't need to pay pension either, "since you don't get it back." I told my friend that he does get it back, it's the law. I've heard other CDI defenders say that hourly workers don't get it, in response. I think that's BS as well, since I worked hourly at Direct English (Pagoda), and will collect my pension from it.

So, as my humble friend is leaving for Thailand in a month, again the question about his pension is coming up. Now, having a bitter experience with CDI recently, I think he's actually going to grow a pair and check with the pension office. Since he's "never paid into it", he's not sure he can get it back.

What say you? Can he get his pension refund (Canadian) for 3 or 4 years worked while "not paying" pension. Personally I believe he probably did pay into it, but the school scams its employees somehow, although I'm not sure how.
jhicks99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question..

I'm leaving in a week. My boss hasn't given me my e-ticket yet or contacted the pension advise to advise that I'm leaving. Should I force the issue and try to get to the pension office next week or is it best just to do all of this after I've returned to Canada?

Can I do it from Canada? I live in downtown Toronto very near the Korean consulate so it will be very easy for me to deal with them... I'd rather do that if need be but I'm not sure if I can deal with them instead of the pension office here directly.

Thanks!
cangel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to file from outside Korea? If so, how? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Febish

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find it in this thread but if you pull a run how does the pension refund work.
BPM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the new pension English page.
Most of the answers people are asking are here.
If you "run" you can probably apply via overseas remittance, or through an agent. It looks like every company is required to put into the pension fund as well.

http://www.npc.or.kr/jsppage/english/scheme/scheme_04.jsp
danseonsaeng

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thing about the bank book is bothering me. Can I just show them a check with my name, routing and account numbers? Is that all I need to bring in order to satisfy the account information? Do I need any other bank information? I don't do overseas remittance, so I've got no way to show them that. My statements are online.

Little help?
AndrewL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danseonsaeng wrote:
This thing about the bank book is bothering me. Can I just show them a check with my name, routing and account numbers? Is that all I need to bring in order to satisfy the account information? Do I need any other bank information? I don't do overseas remittance, so I've got no way to show them that. My statements are online.

Little help?

Your bank at home should have a SWIFT code for wire transfers. BofA, for example: BOFAUS3N

Then, you need the routing number (specific to your home bank's area) and your account number. However, I recently did a wire transfer back home from Nonghyup and somehow it worked without the routing number.
Mr Crowley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a F5 visa, is the procedure still the same to get your pension refund ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: