Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

second-hand bookstores

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exportedhabster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:28 am    Post subject: second-hand bookstores Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there are any second-hand bookstores (that deal with English books) in the Seoul area, and if yes, where? Thanks in advance!!
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 in the Itaewon area. One is just outside on your way to the namsan tunnel. It is very overpriced, I wouldn't go there. I'm not sure where the other one is though. I think there may be more but I'm not sure about that either.
lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: second hand books Reply with quote

The other is near the mosque in Itaewon. If you are standing near the mosque and facing East keep going straight. It's called Abby's.

Also, some teachers get together about once a month near Kyobo bookstore at the LTRC to exchange books, usually the second Sunday of the month but they might be meeting this Sunday. Usually I get a notice as a reminder. You are welcome to come even if you do not have books to trade. Look for the monthly notice on this board.

Last edited by lawyertood on Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
exportedhabster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bundle Cool
Len8

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:33 am    Post subject: Second hand bookstore Reply with quote

There is an excellent second hand booksore near Hankuk University of foreign studies near the Hoede station (I think it's two stations past Chongyanghi on the red line). They have an excellent supply of books, and they are very cheap. There are paperback novels, and you might be able to pick up some CD.S in there as well. It's full of textbooks. I have been in Korea a while, and it's the best I have seen anywhere. To find it you have to get off at the "Hankuk station, and walk towards the university. Ask some one if you are lost. when you get to the main gate, don't go into the university, but turn right and waklk up the hill. you will see the bookstore on your left about 200meters up the hill. You will actually walk along a main bus route to get to the store.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ask some one if you are lost.

What's the name of the place, in case I have to ask someone?
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:05 am    Post subject: Book store Reply with quote

Sorry I don't know the name of the store, but if you can get to the main gate of the "Hankgook University of Foreign studies" you shouldn't have any problem. Ask for "Wede Chongmun". That means main gate, and then go right and up the hill.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: