Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

coolest Kia Towner around

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
likeafox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: coolest Kia Towner around Reply with quote

Take a look at the ad fb marketplace:

http://apps.facebook.com/marketplace/view/-/2094605079/?cat=vehicle/car

Or read on...
This is not your piece of junk delivery van! Has a couple scratches outside from people who can't park. Babied this thing since I've owned it.
Dec 2001 Kia Towner Multi 5 Seater
5 spd
RWD
LPG (about half the price of gas)
A/C
sunroof
power front windows
2 sliding rear doors, windows on those go all the way down
PA system (speaker mounted under front bumper. you can talk through it or it has 6 buttons that say 'thank you', 'excuse me a moment' (both in Korean), a bing-bong, a siren, a horse, and some whacky cartoon sound)
900,000 won stereo system - Pioneer cd/mp3/wma/usb/ipod/etc head unit w/ remote, Mystery 1" tweeters and 6.5" mids in the front, boxed 6x9s behind the front seats, and Rockford 4 channel amp w/ 12" R1 sub behind the back bench...loud
back bench is on tracks so you can adjust how far forward or back it is, folds forward or folds back flat, 'leather' bench cover
front seats fold back flat and have wood seat covers, front passenger seat has a 'leather' seat cover as well (drivers got worn)
blue parking lights
fun shift knob (I have original if you dont like it)
80% tint all around, including bottom 30cm of windshield
dark tint door visors
approx 77,500km
the best turning radius I've ever seen on something with 4 wheels and doors
costs me around 350,000 won per year for insurance
Leaving Korea in a few weeks and it kills me to part with her.
Open to offers, no lowballing please
Email for more pics and/or info

Edit: Motorcycle is sold, also I just noticed I put the mileage in wrong, it has about 77,500km, not 75,500km.

Last edited by likeafox on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
matthews_world

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject: Wanna Make Some Money With Your Towner? Reply with quote

::

Last edited by matthews_world on Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
likeafox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless someone down south wants to buy the van, no...
I've got a lot of things to do before I leave, 100 to 150k is not worth my time to drive 7 or 8 hours...Asan-Pyeongtaek-Busan-Asan...
Why not take the train or something?
likeafox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to add that due to the size of the engines in these vans, they get half price for parking and highway tolls...

I'm also willing to take the stereo out and sell it separately if someone is interested in the van itself.

Please do not offer me one million won for the van or I will not reply. Please do not ask me to drive you and your things around.

Make a reasonable offer. Money talks.

I will help you transfer everything into your name.
likeafox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to offer a reduced price to anyone who actually follows through on their promise of calling after they get my number.

I have all the service records since I've owned the van. If you look at used car sites such as Passo for comparison, similar 5 or 7 seater towners are 2.3 and up and are bone stock, usually with nasty interiors, dents, busted tail lights and double the mileage.

I am located at 신창(순천향대)역 or Sinchang (SoonChunHyang University) station...the best way to get here from Seoul would be the Nuriro or the KTX...KTX takes about half an hour from Seoul station.
cmr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something's wrong with your links. Here's what I got when I followed the one to Craigslist:

Quote:
This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

What did you post to get it removed? Was there a pretty/sexy girl showing off your van? Laughing
mastercabs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Mirage Reply with quote

I'm interested in the Mirage, but can't PM you because I don't have an active enough account on Dave's, apparently.

[email protected] for email.
likeafox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have no idea why the craigslist ad got flagged. I tried to ask in the help forum but even they couldnt really firgure it out. Put it up twice and it got taken down twice...the facebook one should still work
If for some reason that's not accessible PM me and I'll send you photos. I have more than the 7 or so that are on FB. Thanks.
oceanman79

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Seats Reply with quote

Can the rear seats be taken completely out of the car?
headache

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: coolest Kia Towner around (and 250cc mirage) Reply with quote

likeafox wrote:
900,000 won stereo system - Pioneer cd/mp3/wma/usb/ipod/etc head unit w/ remote, Mystery 1" tweeters and 6.5" mids in the front, boxed 6x9s behind the front seats, and Rockford 4 channel amp w/ 12" R1 sub behind the back bench...loud

I'm also willing to take the stereo out and sell it separately if someone is interested in the van itself.

So, by how much would you lower the price without that expensive stereo system?
likeafox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oceanman79 - I've never personally needed to do that so I just looked and I would think that if you took the few bolts out of the legs that yeah, you could, although I don't know if the things that they bolt into that go into the rails do...they might stick up a couple of inches...no idea

headache - It would depend what I can sell the stereo for. I'll go ask the shop I bought it from how much he would give me to buy it back, if he would. Let's say 1.8 for now without the stereo. This means no radio or speakers of any kind, since the original setup (tape player and 2 speakers in the front) wasn't working when I bought the van, so they're in the garbage.

Give me a text or call. 010-2640-3773

Also the motorcycle is sold.
likeafox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be in Daejeon with the van tomorrow night if anyone there wants to check it out...
Will take 2.2 all in. stereo. everything. this is hundreds cheaper than the junk vans you find online.
I think I have some wire covers for the rear tires if you want to go up mountains in the winter.
Also throwing in a socket set if you want it.
luckylooch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

likeafox wrote:
I will be in Daejeon with the van tomorrow night if anyone there wants to check it out...
Will take 2.2 all in. stereo. everything. this is hundreds cheaper than the junk vans you find online.
I think I have some wire covers for the rear tires if you want to go up mountains in the winter.
Also throwing in a socket set if you want it.

I would buy it in a hearbeat if I didn't already own one. I love it, coolest little vehicle to own in this country. Now if I could just get a sound system like yours.. I might have to come down your way, take a look at what you have, and have you introduce me to your audio guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: