Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Studying in Korea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyLove

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Studying in Korea Reply with quote

Has anyone taken university courses in orea? I`d like to take some math courses while there.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that you can't study (at Uni) and work at the same time...
Dude Love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: I think you can. Reply with quote

I'm not absolutely certain but I believe you can work and take Uni. courses. I know that Sejong U. offers lots of courses in English.
weened

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm home now and would like to go back ASAP but am considering TESOL/TEFL courses before I go back. Anyone know what the skinny is on this in that place we all know?
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Studying in korea Reply with quote

You can at some universites. I wanted to do Topology at my university as well as Teach English, but the course wasn't available. At Postech in Pohang I have heard that if they have a foreigner in their clases who speaks English the Profesors will purposely teach the class in English to force the korean students to learn English. I think that's called discrimination.
There was a programe offered at Seoul University and at Kyunghee university where they offered scholarships to people from third world countries to study Korean for a year, and to then go on and study whatever you so desired for free at any korean university. Developed countries like Australia,Canda,the U.K and the U.S. were also allowed to participate in the programe but with a smaller quota of students. I am not sure if the programe is still running
OiGirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe permission to study at university is similar to permission to work at a second location. Get everyone's permission and have it added to your visa. Studying Korean language or culture seems to be okay on a working visa, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: