Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The best expat restaurants in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madoka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn people, leave the guy alone. He is trying to contribute something which is more than any of you guys do. Maybe it will be useful to some. If it's not useful to you, then you don't need to be insulting. I'd like to see some of you know-it-alls make something so the peanut gallery here could rip it to shreds.
InDaGu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madoka wrote:
Damn people, leave the guy alone. He is trying to contribute something which is more than any of you guys do. Maybe it will be useful to some. If it's not useful to you, then you don't need to be insulting. I'd like to see some of you know-it-alls make something so the peanut gallery here could rip it to shreds.

He specifically said in his first post to tell him what we think. We obliged.
madoka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InDaGu wrote:
madoka wrote:

As I said, there's no "need to be insulting." Constructive criticism is fine, but some of the nasty remarks here serve no purpose.
allovertheplace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these folks are crossing that line between cheeky to being close to getting kicked in the face.

Its a list, if you disagree then point it out in a civil manner. Also, Taco Bell is probably one of the best mexican places in Korea, and dos tacos is higher on the list.

Trolling is becoming a problem with this world and maybe we should get rid of anonymous posts is people only want to abuse it.

OP, decent list, Id add Hollywood bar just because of their wicked good BLT-something that is seldom good in Korea.
jlb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allovertheplace/Madoka: thank you for your kind words. I was wondering why everyone was being so mean and if I was crazy for thinking so.
zhanknight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InDaGu wrote:
jlb wrote:

Why don't you be kind and enlighten us to what is better? I'd love to try them and compare.

Sure. Try Durga or Everest in Seoul, or Maya in Daegu/Busan.

Everest is great, but it's not an Indian restaurant to be precise.

'promising' someone that what they think is the best is not the best is laughable. Especially when you haven't been to the place that you're so sure isn't that great.

trogdor wrote:

Are you for real? Taco Amigo is on the same street as Taco HELL and you chose rehydrated slop?

Eeeesh....

I love mexican food, and I also love Taco Bell. I grew up in New Mexico, and to be honest, I crave Taco Bell while here JUST as much as I crave 'real' food from home. Very Happy Haven't been to Taco Amigo yet, though.

To the OP: Way to stay above all the threadshitting. Good on you.
jlb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy Everest, but I would say that the Naan and Curry at Mount Fishtail is comparable. Both super-delicious!
uklathemock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anytime someone mentions T-Bell, some Taco Amigo crony chimes in with a short rant.

I like food from the Wolfhound and would have added 3 Alley Pub as well.

Little Saigon in Apgujeong has the absolute best Vietnamese food in Seoul. Nothing else I've tried is up to par.

I'd also add the moroccan sandwich truck as one of my absolute favorite things to eat in Seoul. I haven't seen him in awhile though...

The Shilla hotel buffet has the best Beijing Duck I've had here, and depending on the season, you'll get to feast on King Crab legs. It's necessary for me after watching a season of "Deadliest Catch."

If you like lamb, there are a number of Chinese lamb skewer places.

California Pizza Kitchen has the best Caesar Salad I've tried.

The things I really crave are pulled pork or any southern bbq, an L.A. roach coach, and John's of Bleecker St.
Died By Bear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want real Mexican food, go to Osan AFB and look for La Casa Del Mexicano on the main strip, upstairs, forgot the name, owned by real Mexicans and is just the very best in Korea, period.
wylies99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Died By Bear wrote:
If you want real Mexican food, go to Osan AFB and look for La Casa Del Mexicano on the main strip, upstairs, forgot the name, owned by real Mexicans and is just the very best in Korea, period.

Songtan Main Gate? The food at that restaurant isn't cheap but it is well worth the trip.
wylies99

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madoka wrote:
InDaGu wrote:
madoka wrote:

As I said, there's no "need to be insulting." Constructive criticism is fine, but some of the nasty remarks here serve no purpose.

How many recent threads have more than covered this subject of restaurants in Seoul? Too many. Don't expect people to show much patience when the OP clearly should have just commented on any of those other threads.
InDaGu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zhanknight wrote:

'promising' someone that what they think is the best is not the best is laughable. Especially when you haven't been to the place that you're so sure isn't that great.

Mount Fishtail isn't precisely Indian either, as its namesake is a mountain in Nepal. And me promising him it is not the best is not nearly as "laughable" as him claiming it is when he's only eaten at one or two.
jlb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wylies99 wrote:
Died By Bear wrote:

Songtan Main Gate? The food at that restaurant isn't cheap but it is well worth the trip.

That place is only so-so. It's right close to my house so I've been a few times but haven't been overwhelmed with deliciousness any of the times I went. Cheese sauce from a can on the nachos? No thanks.
jlb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InDaGu wrote:
zhanknight wrote:

Mount Fishtail isn't precisely Indian either, as its namesake is a mountain in Nepal. And me promising him it is not the best is not nearly as "laughable" as him claiming it is when he's only eaten at one or two.

Hmm...I thought I said that I'd eaten at many in Vancouver and Toronto(and other Canadian cities) as well as other spots around the world. And, I've tried probably 7 or 8 in Korea. Do you only skim read?
zhanknight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InDaGu wrote:
zhanknight wrote:

Except that he's been to both restaurants in question, and you haven't. He has more experience with these two places than you do - because you have NO experience with the restaurant he is talking about. Despite how cool and knowledgeable you think you are because you have been to India (which obviously makes you the de facto Indian food anywhere in the world expert) - He has MORE experience than you with these restaurants because you have NONE with one of the ones being compared - that means you are talking out of your ass about it. Love Everest or any other all you want - but don't try to promise that they are better than something you've never even seen, let alone tasted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: