Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jung Chul English School resources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lochleen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Jung Chul English School resources Reply with quote

Hey everyone!
To all my fellow Jung Chul teachers:
I taught in a JungChul in Incheon and i made up all most all the materials you could possibly need for Star, NJ, freetalking, tests, and more. If anyone would like the materials, just to check out, or to use please let me know.

I have done a lot of extra worksheets for the new junior books so that the lessons last long enough, and also i have made up homework helpers for the homework that is too difficult.

Anyway let me know.

Lochleen Very Happy
le-paul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

thats very kind of you to offer (but also very inciteful considering assistance for foreign teachers seems to be minimal in my experience). Thankyou

In return, I have some ideas that are good for doing reviews and alot of very good free talking worksheets.

Please feel free to PM too
TheRuFord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lochleen,

I am starting at Jung Chul and would love the extra support. How would you like to go about getting me the materials?

I am super appreciative of your thoughtfulness regarding others following in your footsteps.

Let me know what you think. I don't have PM (personal message) capabilities yet.
dkpickup

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd appreciate it as well. Am working at a Jung Chul and could always do with more work for the kids.
TheRuFord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone get a reply? I start January. I would like the worksheets and etc.
Troglodyte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many megabytes in total?
lochleen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Hi.. sorry! Reply with quote

Hi guys

sorry i didnt reply... i have been traveling and didnt have much net access. In any case, you can let me know what books you have and i can email you the info. I know that some JungChul schools teach students from kindergarden to adults, but my school was for the kids aged 8 to 15. so basic to middle school.

My email address is [email protected]. I did freetalkings as well. hummm what else can i say. It was a fairly good place to work. In any case hope this helps.

Again sorry i haven't been very responcive
Lochleen
lochleen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: PS Reply with quote

Ps Aprently i can't PM anyone yet. This is really the only time i have used this site so i am really sorry. I will try to keep updated on it. Email me if you need the pages:D
StMichael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit off topic, but just wondering if everyone wouldn't mind reviewing JungChul on ESL List? There's one review on there, but it would be nice to get something a bit more current.

http://esllist.com/korea-south/742-language-school-hagwon/109-jung-chul-english-school

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help out. Smile
lochleen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so that is off topic. Please start another topic if you want to continue with that one.
I did check out your page though.
I didnt work at that school. I worked in one in Incheon JunChul is a larg hagwan franchise. Experiences with each school will vary as the principal and teachers have alot of control on how good the environment is.
The curriculem is the same, but again it varries on how much work privious teachers have put into it.

hope this helps, when i have more time i will try to reivew.
rldavid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Recent info on Incheon Jungchul? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had any recent information about the Jungchul school in Incheon? I'm asking for the contact information for the person I'd be replacing, but in the meantime, I'm wondering if you folks have any wisdom about this school.

Thanks!
lochleen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Inchon school Reply with quote

Hey Smile

I worked at that school. It was a fairly good school to work at. Be aware that they will charge you a $100 cleaning fee when you leave. make sure you sort out return tickets and money at least a month before you leave. The apartments are very small, unless they have changed them since i was there about a year and a half ago. The staff were nice to work with, and the apartment is about a 10 min bus ride away. The train station is about a 20 min bus ride away from the school (depending on trafic) and it is about an hour's ride away from downtown , but the bus and train are really good. The only problem is that it can be tiering to do that trip everyweekend. There also aren't many other people in the area that the school is situated so it can be hard to meet other english speakers.

over all its a nice place, but far away and it can be lonely if you don't put yourself out there and really try to get involved with other things.

Good luck.
mrbarryobama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necro'ing this thread. Anyone have the pages the OP was talking about?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: