Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K pension refund procedure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smajk710

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaving Korea (Midnight Run).

My questions are should I apply for my K-pension in country or when I get home?
Will the pension office call my current employer?

My current employer has not put any money into the pension nor medical insurance. (One of the many reasons for leaving.)

Thanks for any help.
tigabalm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay an update (as of 2011/01/06) for how to check your current balance into the National Pension System.

1. Go to http://csa.nps.or.kr/apphome/main.do
2. Hit the Little "NPS" logo on the left side of the screen or right next to it, the computer and "내연금 알아보기"
3. Scroll down a bit and under the GREEN "납부내역 조회" (the left most of the three options) hit the "바로가기" button.
4. You will get a pop up that asks you to login ("로그인 하시길 바랍니다"), hit ok.
5. You can login 1 of 3 ways:
01: personal e-certificate (the one you use for online banking and what not) - enter in your ARC number and then hit the blue button next to it. select your e-cert and enter the password to login.
02: ID/PASS login, if you've already signed up with the site previously
03: I-PIN login system, which is sometimes used when you make online payments.

The first section "총 납부내역" is total payments into NPS to date. Total Number of months | Total Payment amount | Per Month Payment

The second section is a breakdown of payments. For me my salary changed mid-year so for me it shows:

2009-04~2010-06: Salary | Total # of months (at that salary) | Total Payments
2010-07~2010-12: Salary | Total # of months (at that salary) | Total Payments

Hopefully this should help with people trying to confirm balances and whether or not your employer has been paying into pension.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smajk710 wrote:
I'm leaving Korea (Midnight Run).

My questions are should I apply for my K-pension in country or when I get home?
Will the pension office call my current employer?

My current employer has not put any money into the pension nor medical insurance. (One of the many reasons for leaving.)

Thanks for any help.

You will have to backpay into the pension first before you can get it. And if your employer has not put any money in there, then they won't have a record of you.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalFSU1 wrote:
Does anyone have a clue whether a person holding a UK passport, but who has an American green card and has paid into U.S. social security can get the pension lump sum?!?! Additionally, he will be returning to America after leaving Korea.

The pension agreement is based on nationality. You hold a UK passport so that makes you a British citizen then correct?

If so you can not get the lump sum refund.
walterkim18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Lump Sum Refund into Korean Bank Reply with quote

I have a few questions regarding the lump sum pension refund process. I stopped working at my hagwon about 6 months ago and will be flying back to the states soon. I'm a korean american on an F-4 visa.

Is it possible to have lump sum pension refund deposited into your korean bank account rather than have it sent overseas? Also, does the pension office collect your ARC immediately after you've filled out all the paper work? Anyone information concerning these refund issues, especially particular to F-4 visas, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
garybliss123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that as of September British citizens can claim back the pension, if you get a certain form from the UK before you come here. Anyone know if this is right?
Ramen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garybliss123 wrote:
I heard that as of September British citizens can claim back the pension, if you get a certain form from the UK before you come here. Anyone know if this is right?

i think you need to bring your death certificate to claim your pension. Razz
fake_blood

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Required documents>
- An Application for Lump-sum Refund (This form is available at any regional office.)
- His/her passport
- His/her Alien Registration Card
- A copy of bankbook or similar (registered in the applicant's name)
- A copy of an airline ticket.
(the date of departure has to be in less than a month from the date of the claim)
※ In the case that an applicant has been insured under an other public pension scheme since before July 23, 2007 and he/she had insured periods under the National Pension Scheme before being insured under the public pension scheme, he/she can receive his/her national pension contributions as a lump-sum refund if he/she submits a certificate of employment and a copy of a certificate of coverage.

So, those are the current instructions for receiving the lump-sum (I'm a Canadian, by the way).

Thing is, my co-teacher wants me to go to immigration with her on May 11th to hand in my ARC, my contract (I prematurely terminated) finished on paper as of May 10th, but I will not be leaving the country immediately. I don't have my plane ticket yet either. It's a somewhat sticky situation for me as I want to collect my pension, but I do not want my co-teacher to know when I am leaving the country. What do I do in this case?
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fake_blood wrote:
<Required documents>
- An Application for Lump-sum Refund (This form is available at any regional office.)
- His/her passport
- His/her Alien Registration Card
- A copy of an airline ticket.
(the date of departure has to be in less than a month from the date of the claim)
※ In the case that an applicant has been insured under an other public pension scheme since before July 23, 2007 and he/she had insured periods under the National Pension Scheme before being insured under the public pension scheme, he/she can receive his/her national pension contributions as a lump-sum refund if he/she submits a certificate of employment and a copy of a certificate of coverage.

So, those are the current instructions for receiving the lump-sum (I'm a Canadian, by the way).

Thing is, my co-teacher wants me to go to immigration with her on May 11th to hand in my ARC, my contract (I prematurely terminated) finished on paper as of May 10th, but I will not be leaving the country immediately. I don't have my plane ticket yet either. It's a somewhat sticky situation for me as I want to collect my pension, but I do not want my co-teacher to know when I am leaving the country. What do I do in this case?

tell her that you will turn in your ARC at the airport. also, to claim your pension refund, you need a copy of your ARC and plane ticket. Razz
fake_blood

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe...on that day I can just cancel on her (tell her something came up) and that I'll do it myself at the airport.

It's not necessary that she accompany me to immigration to hand it in, right? Is she just trying to be nice or what.
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fake_blood wrote:
Maybe...on that day I can just cancel on her (tell her something came up) and that I'll do it myself at the airport.

It's not necessary that she accompany me to immigration to hand it in, right? Is she just trying to be nice or what.

turning in your ARC at the airport is the normal procedure. Razz
fake_blood

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah... I'm not sure what she's doing then.

Thanks, Ramen.
rmo1127

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fake_blood wrote:
<Required documents>

What do you mean by "bankbook"? Like a checkbook? I just brought my debit card and credit cards to Korea.

I have some sort of bank book for HanaBank in Korea, but I'm assuming you're talking about something for my bank in the U.S.

Thanks, Bob
Ramen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmo1127 wrote:
fake_blood wrote:
<Required documents>

What do you mean by "bankbook"? Like a checkbook? I just brought my debit card and credit cards to Korea.

I have some sort of bank book for HanaBank in Korea, but I'm assuming you're talking about something for my bank in the U.S.

Thanks, Bob

yes, give them a copy of your check (which would have your account #, bank routing #, address, etc.) if you prefer. Razz
ChrisGyeongju

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: South African pension contribution Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
ReeNah wrote:
Hey quick question,

I know for a fact that Americans, British and Canadians get their pension refunded but I also remember reading somewhere Australians get their pension back to. However I haven't been able to clarify. Can anyone give me a definate answer if Australians also get their pension refunded?

Cheers,
ReeNah

Currently Canadians, Americans and Australians can get a cash refund when they leave Korea.

Brits (UK passport), NZers and the Irish do NOT get a refund.

SAFERS to not pay into pension (exempted by treaty).

According to this, South African citizens do not need to contribute to the national pension fund. Is this information still true? If it is, how do I (as a South African still in South Africa) go about informing EPIK or the pension office of this?

I APPRECIATE THE HELP!!!
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: