Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where can I find cheap whey protein powder?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lebowski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Where can I find cheap whey protein powder? Reply with quote

Tell me if you know any places, the price and the size of the container!
The Donkey

Location: Somewhere drinking, smoking and using foul language

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about cheap Whey, but you can find ProLab stuff in Namdamun market. A tub costs around 65,000 won. (dont know exactly I get my stuff from a Korean guy who I work out with who owns a supplement store)
mysteriousdeltarays

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Nam Dae Mun. Good to see you back, ST I was on here when you got got kicked off. What a naughty boy! Well it was a difficult night.

To get back to the topic I figure soy beans are going to fix everything.
The Donkey

Location: Somewhere drinking, smoking and using foul language

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whey is by far the best protien source (as a supplement) It is partialy digested so your body is better able to uptake it. Soy protein isnt worth the money
mrroboto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

expensive! I've got some creatine left from back home before I came complacent, cheap and lazy. Is this the best deal to be found in Korea?
captain kirk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say. namdemun basement import goods market has EAS 'simply protein' in a five pound tub for 50,000. it's whey in three flavours.
speakwell_2003

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try tofu, soy milk, and egg whites. Cheap and easily found in Korea! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
NotInKansasAnymore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Whey Protein...the cheapest in Korea! Reply with quote

I've been bodybuilding for about 4 years now and I moved to Korea to teach and just focus on my health. I have found the best buys in Korea to be at the Black Market (aka International Market) in Namdaemun. Whey protein etc. is about 55,000 won for a month supply. They have all the other supplements there to in an actual bodybuilding shop located near the fish market. This is the cheapest you will find unless you can get a friend from the military to buy some for you on his/her base. Happy Building! Laughing
Bollocks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I'm sort of new to bodybuilding. I know whey protein powder = good, but what are these "other supplements" you mentioned? Some guy told me they've got these fat burner tablets, which are something like a cross between red bull and speed, but in pill form. Are they good?
LydiaSarah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a 2lb. tub of Nectar whey isolate for about $28 a piece on bodybuilding.com. If you order 3-4 at the same time, shipping to Korea is about $60. So for three it works out to about $50 each. You know the quality is good, and it gets to you in about a week.
LydiaSarah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get a 2lb. tub of Nectar whey isolate for about $28 a piece on bodybuilding.com. If you order 3-4 at the same time, shipping to Korea is about $60. So for three it works out to about $50 each. You know the quality is good, and it gets to you in about a week.
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "cheap," but iHerb.com has it all and you can get a $5 discount on your first order with them if you use this discount code: COC920 And the shipping is very cheap.

http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=whey
gtrain83

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bollocks wrote:
Hey I'm sort of new to bodybuilding. I know whey protein powder = good, but what are these "other supplements" you mentioned? Some guy told me they've got these fat burner tablets, which are something like a cross between red bull and speed, but in pill form. Are they good?

Just an FYI for you and anyone else interested...you do not need protein powders or any other supplements to help you with bodybuilding, better physique, whatever your gym goals are. REAL FOOD is ALWAYS the best way to make gains.

Having said that Supplements are convenient and help fill in gaps. A good list of staple supps, and this is just my opinion, would be: fish oil, QUALITY multi vitamin, protein, creatine (if you want to use it) and a greens/veggie complex.

If you really want to splurge and your diet is spot on then you may look into joint complexes, exotic creatines (clout, con-cret, etc.) BCAA/EAA powders, citrulline, etc.

Also, fat burners are really for when you are at 10% or less and want to drop 1 or two more %. They are like the icing on the cake when your cutting diet is spot on.

Sorry to hijack but a lot of people treat supplements like magic and they are not.
Grainne86

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Whey Protein...the cheapest in Korea! Reply with quote

NotInKansasAnymore wrote:
I've been bodybuilding for about 4 years now and I moved to Korea to teach and just focus on my health. I have found the best buys in Korea to be at the Black Market (aka International Market) in Namdaemun. Whey protein etc. is about 55,000 won for a month supply. They have all the other supplements there to in an actual bodybuilding shop located near the fish market. This is the cheapest you will find unless you can get a friend from the military to buy some for you on his/her base. Happy Building! Laughing

Hey, just wondering - is that 100% Whey? Cheers Smile
kswords

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: iherb Reply with quote

r. s. refugee...wow that website is great, so many things i never thought i'd be able to get in korea. thumbs up to the heads up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: