Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zenith Travel BAD 16 Hours notice to me they changed Flight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Great Toad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Zenith Travel BAD 16 Hours notice to me they changed Flight Reply with quote

The travel agent later gave me 100,000 for the inconvience(edit) I think I should put this here out of fairness....

I left my far flung home -far from Incheon- Friday afternoon to catch a Saturday 10:30 AM flight to Vietnam. I went to the ticket counter the next day and find out they changed my flight to 7:30 in the evening.

I check my email later in Vietnam and see he sent me an email at 6:37 Pm Friday before the flight.

In his email he claims the airline changed the flight - however when I showed up to the ticket counter at Vietnam Airline they DID have the plane leaveing and told me my travel agent had changed me to Korean Air at 730.... ( I checked with the manager who said yes they DID have the flight but NO I was taken off the flight by my travel agent and put on a Korean Air one at 7:30 PM)

So, I am assuming a someone called wanted a flight ASAP he gave them my ticket and then changed mine... or maybe he got a cheap price on the Korean Air seat at the last minute ans was able to refund my Vietnam Airline ticket.

I emailed him and asked to be compensated for my hotel room and expensive airport-waiting-for-a-7pm-flight-food. He did not answer and is praobly quite pleased as he knows I am a Waygook and can't do much after he messed me over.

At any rater I can warn everyone here DON'T USE ZENITH TRAVEL. I know I never will again.

Last edited by The Great Toad on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
cazador83

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunately, this happened to me too....

i've used zenith for years now and never had problems, but BOTH flights on my roundtrip ticket to se asia were changed a day before the flight. it was the same flight # and time, but a day later on both flights.

mr. kang is actually a really nice guy, so im not sure how this happened...i think they booked it way back when, but then forgot to pay for it and it got cancelled...who knows.

anyway, the first flight got worked out eventually, after i went in and we looked at other tickets. he promises to reimburse me for the 2nd flight, since i had to stay an extra day. we'll see.
The Great Toad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm he seemed legit and all the other flights were fine (well still in Nam now so in theory he could switch that still - be funny as my vacation would be overstayed and Koreans would be rightfully angry at my overstay)...

However, as I said I was quite upset when I went to the ticket counter to check into the flight that WAS NOT CANCELED only to find I had been moved from the Vietnam airline at 1030am to a 730pm Korean Air... the flight was most certainly leaving and the manager was most certain my travel agent - NOT the airline had unseated me and put me on a Korean Air at 730PM - which was not a huge problem but still a waste of a overnight stay so I could make the morning flight and of course a lot of boring airport time from 830AM to 730PM....

anyway noway I will ever book with this guy again - I will see what he says when I call him back in Korea - if he credits me with 200,000 won or more I will pardon him otherwise he will go on my list of clever persons who burnt me and be blotted off my White Day Chocolate gift list
cazador83

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one nice thing is you were upgraded from Vietnam Air to Korean Air. HUGE upgrade lol....i was offered something similar for my 1st flight, which is why i didn't complain too much. still waiting to hear back about reimbursement from 2nd flight though....
The Great Toad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm the Vietnam to Korean Air was still economy class so not a huge difference except for food... anyway I made it back and called the travel agent he hemmed and hawed I asked for 200,000 or 300,000 and he said I can send you 100,000 if you mail me your account info- I have just emailed him my account info soooo if he does wire me 100,000 it will just cover the 2 airport meals and overnight stay... still if an airline agent that day had come up to me at the airport and offered me 100,000 to switch my 1030 AM to a 730 pm I'd say no way not for 100,000 - I'd say give me 500,000 and I will think about it....

Anyhow cynic that I now am of Zenith Travel - I predict no response from him and no cash either... but if he does wire me 100,000 I promise to edit all these posts with a "I got 100,000 for my trouble though." we will see...
The Great Toad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yesterday after the second time I called him he wired my Bank Account 100,000 Won. In retrospect though I still would not have traded the money for the irritation of an unnecessary overnight in the by the airport and then the following wait around the airport because the flight was changed from 1030 am to 730 pm. I guess I should edit all my posts and place a little disclaimer "The travel agent later gave me 100,000 for the inconvenience."
nickwils

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand. When you purchased said tickets from Zenith Travel didn't they give you the flight tickets for Vietnam air? You got to the check in and they told you that you were not on the flight?
The Great Toad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The travel agent later gave me 100,000 for the inconvience(edit) I think I should put this here out of fairness....

I should once again put that here as I think it only fair...

He confirmed that I had the ticket to Vietnam - then like I said (I left friday to get to Incheon on Saturday) on Friday he sent me an email that said he had changed the flights---- however I did not know and ( I did not check my email that day ) went to the check-in and was told I was not on the flight - then I was very unhappy of course - talked to the manager ---
Fat American, "I like to see the Manger"

he then checked his computer and was like contact your travel agent becasue your got switched---

So.... like I said it was NOT the Airline(s) who switched me it was my travel agent... why he did that I have no clue but he was later kind enough to wire me back 100,000 after I called/emailed him to say how distraught and wounded I was.... it was a bother though as I laned in Vietnam very late and did not have pleanty of time to choose a nice place to sleep... ended up in a hostile group room but as I am huge and a male no foolish person molested me though God alone knows many lasses no doubt stared with longing at me and brushed their lips against my hair...

but yes the point is my ticket got changed without my permission and with less than a days notice...
nickwils

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he give you a printed tickets or was it a generic e-ticket from Zenith via email?
kateinkorea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is lower than scum. I don't think I buy that Mr. Kang is a nice guy. He seems to be making a habit out of this.

I wish I had read this before. My son booked flights (he and a friend) for today to the Phillipines. Late last night he got an email saying his flight had been accidentally cancelled. The email said that if my son and his friend are willing to give 300,000 won extra each for new tickets the company can book flights. He said he would reimburse my son and his friend for the extra cost when they return from their holiday.

My son called the airline and there was no ticket booked in his name. The ticket he had been sent was probably just a mock ticket from Zenith.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?
falco

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like this crook and his company have screwed over a sizeable number of people (including myself) judging from the number of posts about this topic on this forum. I intend taking this matter to my lawyer when I get back to Korea. Anybody else wanting to join me is most welcome.
Buliarios

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100,000 for the inconvenience? It sounds very informal. What did that show up as on the receipt?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: