Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you need an FBI check urgently
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lorunner07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's very new so apostillepros probably doesn't know about it yet.

Also, this company IS verified on the FBI's website. Does that mean there will be no problems? Of course not. But it does make me feel a little bit better about it. I'd like to hear from someone who tried it first though.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

I am currently going through their services now. I'll let you know.
DaHu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingssurfer wrote:
Well,

This would be a great change if it works!
DaHu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingssurfer wrote:
Well,

DaHu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingssurfer wrote:
Well,

failan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fingerprints should arrive to Accurate Biometrics on Wednesday. After I get my CBC back, I'm sending it to Apostillepros ASAP. I'll let you guys know how it works out.
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news: The first bit at the top of the page in the link you provided (http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=62) states:

"Federal Bureau of Identification Notification: If your response requires an apostille, you will need to contact the FBI directly in order to obtain your background check. FBI requirements prohibit any channeler to process fingerprints that require an apostille."

So, because Korean immigration requires an apostille, accurate biometrics is saying that they are prohibited from doing the criminal background check.

I was hopeful about this but it seems it was too good to be true. But please tell me it worked out for you and I am misunderstanding.

Also, what is it to them if you then have an apostille. How would they even know? Unless the DoS, in turn, would refuse to process it, (since it was done through a channeler as they seem to be indicating).

I wonder if they just added that caveat to their website after a rush of orders or if it was there all along?
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news: The first bit at the top of the page in the link you provided (http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=62) states:

"Federal Bureau of Identification Notification: If your response requires an apostille, you will need to contact the FBI directly in order to obtain your background check. FBI requirements prohibit any channeler to process fingerprints that require an apostille."

So, because Korean immigration requires an apostille, accurate biometrics is saying that they are prohibited from doing the criminal background check.

I was hopeful about this but it seems it was too good to be true. But please tell me it worked out for you and I am misunderstanding.

Also, what is it to them if you then have an apostille. How would they even know? Unless the DoS, in turn, would refuse to process it, (since it was done through a channeler as they seem to be indicating).

I wonder if they just added that caveat to their website after a rush of orders or if it was there all along?
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

failan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somekindofwonderful wrote:

Hey somekindofwonderful,

I saw that as well, and this does seem to good to be true. However, it might all work =). It might work because of Apostillepros.com

I got a quote from apostillepros.com, and they said this:

Quote:
FBI Background Check with or without sig. & seal
Apostille � California Cert.
$175.00

that is option 2, and for option 2 it says:

Option 2

Quote:
* Original FBI background check clearance letter with OR without signature of Kimberly J Del Greco and the embossed seal of the Department of Justice - we will appropriately notarize and have your FBI Background Check Apostilled valid for use in South Korea � fastest turnaround service

So, it seems to be good enough. Though accuratebiometrics can't apostille it, somehow apostillepros can. If apostillepros can state that it's valud for use in South Korea, then it should be legit otherwise I'd have a problem with them.

I'm pretty sure my fingerprints arrived to accuratebiometrics on Wednesday. As soon I receive them back, which I expect within the next few days, I'm sending them straight to Apostillepros, and apparently they process and ship within 1 business day.

Let's seriously cross our fingers.

If anyone else is doing any of this or had experience, plz let us know. I know kingssurfer is doing the same thing.[/quote]
nena

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw the same disclaimer and got discouraged.. but, if the apostille pros can get it apostilled, it'll probably get past K-immigration.

If my FBI CRC doesn't get to me in the next few days, I'll have to do that.. time is majorly running out for me.

Please keep us updated, kingssurfer!!
different

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too good to be true? The lengthy FBI process seems too stupid to be true.

Anyway, I hope it works out.
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to hear the encouraging words. Better for me to try and *maybe* succeed than to do nothing, sitting around with no job while waiting on the FBI and DoS to take their sweet old time.

I'll be sending this off to them soon, too. Soon as I can find a place in Korea to get my prints done....
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, apostillepros.com will get it signed and sealed because accuratebiometrics can not. I am still waiting for my fingerprints to be processed by them. I had to send out a new set of prints which was further delayed a day by the weather. I should be able to have all this done by next week. We're all in the same boat here.
kattaylor31

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent my prints to the FBI 3 weeks ago, but if this new way works for people I'm definitely willing to do it again with this new company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: