Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Football/Soccer shirts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plato's republic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Football/Soccer shirts Reply with quote

Where can I find a good selection of football/soccer shirts in Seoul? The Adidas stores only sell Real Madrid/AC Milan shirts, and the Nike stores only sell Arsenal/Man. Utd/Barcelona shirts.

Any other stores around that have a much wider selection, or am I basically restricted to ordering online? I'm looking for authentic shirts, not fakes or rip-offs.

Thanks.
Landros

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a quality shirt, go to a game and buy it there. I mean Seoul FC, Suwon bluewings, or any other Korean team.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a store name and address for you but I've seen a clothing store in Itaewon that sells western size clothing to foreigners, many of the military go there. They have all the football shirts and the ones they dont have they can order from a book and if you pay there, they can mail it to you in a couple days or pick up from the store. Good quality and not too expensive. Much lower than the Nike and Addidas stores.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the responses, however, I'm not looking for a K-league footy top, but the new Juventus 2011/12 home shirt. I seriously doubt my chances of finding one here, but if someone knows a place then by all means please post the info here.
Landros

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best advice I can give is ask someone on vacation to pick it up for you. a lot of teachers on on vacation. but you never know itaewon might be a good place to check out.
sirius black

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:
I appreciate the responses, however, I'm not looking for a K-league footy top, but the new Juventus 2011/12 home shirt. I seriously doubt my chances of finding one here, but if someone knows a place then by all means please post the info here.

It were the European clubs I was referring to. Near the Itaewon exit is where the store is. My advice is ask around there. The guy had many different clubs as well as national shirts and a catolog for the clubs he didn't have on hand. I ordered one and it took a couple days to mail it to me.

Soryy, I wish I could be more helpful with an address and name.
Koreadays

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plato's republic wrote:

I am a Juve supporter.
you can shop from their official website and have them sent here.
they ship to Korea.

you can buy everything you need from them
sonicmatt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen juve shirts for sale in myeongdong before. there are also a bunch of soccer stores near dongdaemun as well as other sports stores. usually stuff there is anywhere between 10% to 20% off from other nike/adidas stores. all of it is legit too.
plato's republic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Koreadays,

Good to see a fellow Juventino. I'll have a look at their website and check out the prices. I just wonder whether it'll be cheaper to buy one here rather than online + shipping costs.

@sonicmatt,

Do you remember where you saw those stores in Myeongdong/Dongdaemun? Subway exit?

Thanks.
sojusucks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are shops in Songtan Main Gate that can make them for you. Cheap, too.
Greekfreak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few online shops that are bona fide, I've ordered from them all, and when you combine items, shipping isn't really that expensive.

www.soccershopusa.com --Latino-run shop from the states--some really good deals.

www.theonionbag.com--I think it's based in New Jersey, also pretty good.

www.subsidesports.com--UK shop that has some steals.

And finally,

www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk--Some phenomenal deals on older shirts, some used, some new, and the shipping fee is very very minimal.

All else fails, use a reputable dealer from the German Ebay site. Best service I've ever had, best products, never once had a problem with them.
sonicmatt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Myeongdong- cant remember which nike store, but i believe it was on that main shopping street that forever 21 is on. its been awhile.
@Dongdaemun- its right near the Seoul bank on this map, near the physical training section. look for Migloire and look down, right across the street. All they sell is Nike soccer stuff and and other shoes. I think they do names for a small price too. http://www.korea-hotel-reservations.com/dongdaemun_market_map.html
mikeybhoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At dongdaemun history station there is a legit footy store with kits of most of teams you could ask for. Its opposite the Lotteria. I havent found a better football store in seoul.
sonicmatt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 to mikeybhoy. thats the one im thinking of
Smudger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.englandshop.co.kr/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: