Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you need an FBI check urgently
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of this

Quote:
Because the Secretary of State with not authenticate an FBI check without the FBI's Seal.

All links mention apostillepros, but they are all assuming you had your check done by the FBI and not a channeler. I even contacted another apostille co, and they said they could only do it if you had the FBI seal

and just like it says above and on accuratebimetrics.com

Quote:
If your response requires an apostille, you will need to contact the FBI directly in order to obtain your background check. FBI requirements prohibit any channeler to process fingerprints that require an apostille

All I can hope is that , apostillepros can apostille the document without the signature and seal, and it can get by Korean Immigration. I really hope this works out, otherwise I am going to have to wait 3 months to reapply to my super sweet after school gig I have.

Keep us posted.
failan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, good point. I got an email receipt from apostrille pro today - they processed my transaction.

for the 'activity' part of the transaction, it says

Quote:
Document Apostille Service for use in: South Korea

So, they didn't email me and say, "couldn't do it. this isn't from the fbi."

instead, they somehow apostilled it and it should arrive tomorrow (thursday).

when i receive the stuff, i have to scan it and email it to my recruiter so he can get started on my visa.. we'll see what he says.

the accuratebiometrics check is an fbi check, and the apostille service just places an apostille from california on there. it's not as official as a nice fbi paper, but it's basically all the same junk. so, i only say that because that's what makes me hope that the immigration people will accept it.

i mean, the apostille should basically make everything just straight up official and acceptable. uhh, that's what i hope.

anyway..that's all i got. i'll keep you posted, and thanks for talking with me about this because you have some seriously good points. :/.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which recruiting co said you could use accuratebiometrics?

Which option did you use with apostillepros? the one with or without the signature and seal?

I am currently in Korea, and hope this works.

Keep me posted
failan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.starteachers.net/

one of their workers mentioned it to me.

I used the "without sig and seal" for the apostillepros.

Since I used that and they apparently processed it and mailed it to me (with a tracking number), I assumed they totally did the job.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This recruiter has been in the business for 10 + years, and according to this link, he says you need the fbi seal to get the fbi cbc apostilled. So I guess apostillepros got around that somehow, but will Korea accept an FBi cbc that was done by a chaneler and only has a Cali apostille?

http://www.asknow.ca/criminalcheck.aspx

If this works, we will become heroes.
jinju necklace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The immigration office is accepting FBI checks that have an affidavit attached from the US embassy in Seoul instead of an apostille. I wonder if they would they would also accept a FBI check from accuratebiometrics with the same affidavit from the embassy.
failan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from that site:

Quote:
US Citizens must now provide an FBI level check in order to obtain a visa to teach in Korea

though the check is done by a channeler, it's still an FBI level check, so i don't see why not. if they don't accept it, it's knit-picking about politics stuff.

Um.. that's a good point though.. I hope they accept it.

on this one, we HAVE to be heroes, or i'm screwed.
Zyzyfer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jinju necklace wrote:
The immigration office is accepting FBI checks that have an affidavit attached from the US embassy in Seoul instead of an apostille. I wonder if they would they would also accept a FBI check from accuratebiometrics with the same affidavit from the embassy.

They stopped doing that early last year. Did they start accepting the affidavits again?
somekindofwonderful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zyzyfer wrote:
jinju necklace wrote:

They stopped doing that early last year. Did they start accepting the affidavits again?

Yes, they have. As of this moment at least.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jinju necklace wrote:

Yes, they have. As of this moment at least.

I called the immigration hotline (1345) a couple days ago and asked about the US embassy affidavit. The person on the phone told me that this was not true at all, or was outdated.

Where are you getting this information from? Who told you this?

I am beginning to realize that a majority of these websites (esl cafe, koreabridge, etc are filled with information that is false or inaccurate.
failan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, today i got back the apostilled cbc. after i received, i called them to ask if they were sure it'd be accepted by korean immigration. his response was entirely not sure.

he said it was the first time they ever apostilled one that was done through a channeler.

he did however say that in the past, they apostilled statebackground checks that didn't have letterhead paper like mine. my cbc looks basically like a notepad file with a bunch of numbers all over it.

on the cbc though it does say "FBI CJIS division," so he said that might help?

he told me to call them back to let them know if it goes through since they really don't know.

i'm gonna email the scans to my recruiter. i have my doubts.
failan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Korean Immigration informed the Embassy on July 17, 2008, that they will no longer accept criminal records checks provided by an on-line service as some states and private companies are able to do. Korean Immigration will only accept an FBI criminal records check or a local police letter from your city or state of residence.

http://www.gone2korea.com/background-checks.html

Quote:
# All teachers (from all nationalities) should submit Criminal Record Checks (CRC) that contains the following criteria: letterhead, contact information of the police department or government office that issued the check, the search results and a police/government logo, or stamp, or raised seal. Failing to secure a check with these criterions may result in visa delays or the request to submit a new CRC.
# CRC's issued through third party providers are not acceptable with Korean Immigration. Meaning: you can NOT use a private company to obtain the background check; it MUST come directly from a police department or government office/bureau. Additionally, checks that were ordered online & come as �print outs� are NOT accepted by the Korean authorities.

this is not good.[/quote]
failan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i called accuratebiometrics, and the representative said the cbc has the same validity as one done through the fbi since it basically done thru the fbi but just expedited.

i called aposttillerpros,and the guy said "i think it should work." he said he was 50/50 on it. he did offer to do a refund if it doesnt work out.

accuratebiometrics has only been doing this for 2 weeks, so the representative didn't know that much.

i really just don't know at this point. i'm worried to death.
lorunner07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent in for a bg check from accurate bio too and was going to tell everyone here how it went, but unfortunately the finger prints I sent are lost in the mail!... certified mail I might add.

I have such good luck...
failan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lorunner07 -... your finger prints were lost? no way.

well i have all those papers. if any1 wants to see a scan of them, i can post them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: