Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deodorant?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hannam Supermarket. Maybe 5k.
Emmitt Till

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: deodorant Reply with quote

All I do is splash a few drops of hydrochloric acid and lemon juice on my armpits.

usually solves the problem, but there is a 4 minute burning sensation.
chaiplz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JacktheCat wrote:

It's a genetic thing.

Those of Eastern Asian extraction (Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, etc.) don't sweat as much as Europeans and their sweat is not as smelly.

On the other hand, Europeans can absorb more alcohol and better digest milk products.

fair trade Wink
Sticks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread bump?

Places for cheap deo guys? Still the same? So I just roll on down to Itaewon and look around?
rchristo10

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a bit of baking soda (I say a bit cuz it could cause a reaction depending on your skin). It won't help with sweating, but it's virtually impossible for the smell-causing bacteria to survive long in that environment (period). This should tide you by until you can at least find something worthwhile. One thing you can be sure of is that the smell will be 100% gone and not replaced with funky attempts at perfumigation.

Baking soda is sold in most stores, but you're better off buying a large box at Costco.

If you feel your pit exhaust poses a serious environmental threat, then you can dish out little more than 1 million won (1-1.5 million or so) to get your armpit secretion sacks surgically removed. Or you can go in and get Botox shots for about 250,000 won or so (for both pits according to a friend).

I recommend getting some baking soda and calling it a day. You may realize that you don't even need deodorant after trying it.
mkpopcorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on bringing a year's supply...just in case
rayne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I buy ANTIPERSPIRANT and not deodorant?

I've been googling like mad, but it's just deodorant, nothing much about antiperspirant and there is a significant difference!
socialjeebus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Watsons Pharmacy (Hong Kong firm), they sell antiperspirant. It's not particularly cheap however. I know there's at least two in Seoul. One at Kangnam Station (exit 7 then walk towards Yeoksam Station) and there's another in Myeong-dong down the road from the massive Post Office.
TASscot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self promotion here, but you can purchase Old Spice deodorant from www.TheArrivalStore.com and it will be delivered to your school or apartment in a day or two. http://www.thearrivalstore.com/deodorant.html

It's a bit more expensive than back home, but at least it will get you through until you can make a trip home.

You can use your Credit Card, or pay by bank transfer.
bamboosoup

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, Watsons and Olive Young!
glassandshells

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rchristo10 wrote:
If you feel your pit exhaust poses a serious environmental threat, then you can dish out little more than 1 million won (1-1.5 million or so) to get your armpit secretion sacks surgically removed. Or you can go in and get Botox shots for about 250,000 won or so (for both pits according to a friend).

Shocked
rchristo10 wrote:
I recommend getting some baking soda and calling it a day. You may realize that you don't even need deodorant after trying it.

drinking plenty of water also helps. Wink
rhizome

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+ 1 on the baking soda suggestion.

I used to soak my shirts right through and hated the smell of even unscented deodorants, but I've been using a half and half cornstarch-baking soda mix for years and it works well. Just make sure your pits - or wherever you're going to apply it - are dry first.

Dir (jic someone's reading and interested):

I keep the mix in a small plastic tub with a cheap-o kabuki brush on the lid. Cheap, because it needs to be replaced every few months. After a shower and after I've dried off, take the lid off the container and lay it inside-side-up on the counter. Next, I tap the kabuki brush lightly in the powder mix and then tap it again on the lid to get the excess off. Dust on very lightly where I normally sweat, and it takes care of most of the scent and some of the moisture throughout the day.

Personally, I find it's kinda like a ritual... and feels rather lush. Smile Some people like adding a few drops of lemon or tea tree oil. I just use a spray-on deo first if the powder mix needs a boost, which surprisingly, it rarely has. Cheapest and most effective deo I've ever used.

Also, first post. Hi Dave's! *geeky wave*
Weigookin74

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Namdaemun underground markets and Itaewon foriegn food mart will sell Anti Persperant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: