Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE Zenith Tours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickwils

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so he reckons put the remaining 395,000 won he owed me in the bank today, 2 weeks after Thai Airways put it in his account. The other 400,000 won I got on Tuesday. He emailed me so I haven't checked my account for the 395,000 so we will see.

Last week when he wouldn't reply to me I emailed reservations at Thai Airways in Seoul. I then emailed him and cc'ed Thai Airways into all my mails. I then called him on his mobile approx 300 times just letting it ring off and his office 5 times a day. Before I went to sleep I would give him a few calls, and then on my way to work I would just ring for an hour.

When he talked to me I told him we were not friends and that was my money, basically I talked down to him and demanded the money.I told him that if he didn't want me to come and sit in his office for a week taking his calls on the Zenith travel phone then he should pay. He sounded drunk when I talked to his, almost ashamed. The dick.

You should go to the police or to his office. Keep calling him. Annoy him into paying. It was a pain but worth getting my 800,000 won back.

Some other people are taking legal action, check the other Zenith travel threads. The guy is a thief and a w nker.
nickwils

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so he reckons put the remaining 395,000 won he owed me in the bank today, 2 weeks after Thai Airways put it in his account. The other 400,000 won I got on Tuesday. He emailed me so I haven't checked my account for the 395,000 so we will see.

Last week when he wouldn't reply to me I emailed reservations at Thai Airways in Seoul. I then emailed him and cc'ed Thai Airways into all my mails. I then called him on his mobile approx 300 times just letting it ring off and his office 5 times a day. Before I went to sleep I would give him a few calls, and then on my way to work I would just ring for an hour.

When he talked to me I told him we were not friends and that was my money, basically I talked down to him and demanded the money.I told him that if he didn't want me to come and sit in his office for a week taking his calls on the Zenith travel phone then he should pay. He sounded drunk when I talked to his, almost ashamed. The dick.

You should go to the police or to his office. Keep calling him. Annoy him into paying. It was a pain but worth getting my 800,000 won back.

Some other people are taking legal action, check the other Zenith travel threads. The guy is a thief and a w nker.
FDNY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could try?

1/
Tourist Complaint Center
Korea Tourism Organization

Tel : +82-2-735-0101
Fax : +82-2-777-0102
Address : 40, Cheonggyecheon-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-180, Korea
E-mail : [email protected]

2/
Getting together on a Saturday as a group, grabbing some cameras and video cameras and giving the guy a visit. Nothing violent, just embarrassing.
nickwils

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a pm.
SOLTATIO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think either of those options would be OK. Let me know what you are planning to do. I also really think we should take this to the police.

nickwils I'm shocked you got your money back. Did he eventually call you back? I've been calling him every day with no answer.
nickwils

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLTATIO wrote:
I think either of those options would be OK. Let me know what you are planning to do. I also really think we should take this to the police.

nickwils I'm shocked you got your money back. Did he eventually call you back? I've been calling him every day with no answer.

I'm pretty surprised as well. To be honest I did hassle him loads about the initial ticket. As I mentioned he tried to send me a false booking rather than the ticket but I called him up on that straight away. Then I talked with Thai Airways as I dealt with him and they were the ones who initially called Zenith about my refund as I had mailed the Thai Airways Seoul office.

From my initial dealings with him I knew something wasn't right. A poster on this board sent me a few Pm's vouching for him. I think it was a guy called Guinness on Tap.

When I mailed him I wasn't very civil, reservations at Thai Airways were on the CC list. I was pretty angry as I saw all these posts about people getting ripped off. I would of sat in his office for a few hours every morning if I hadn't received my money. I would have been a real dick and made it clear to everyone in the building what type of business he was running. I think he believed me.

I got the remaining 395,000 yesterday lunchtime. My guess is he has a gambling problem. And yes he did call me back, after maybe 100 missed consecutive missed calls.

This is the most recent email trail. I suggest going to the Police. It's either theft or fraud, let them decide.

Money in your account.

Thanks.

Wystan

Thank you for choosing Zenith Travel
If you need additional information, please call us at: 02-508-5781
For great ticket prices and packages, please check out our website:

www.zenithtravel.co.kr

Happy Travels!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Subject: RE: e-Ticket Passenger Itinerary Receipt For Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 02:55:12 +0100

Wystan,

Tomorrow was Wednesday. Where is my money? 14 days is not ok. THAI AIRWAYS do not sell this company anymore tickets they do no refund money to the customer.

%^#(^@*&*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subject: RE: e-Ticket Passenger Itinerary Receipt For MR
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:37:43 +0000

Dear %^(*^E,

I could deposit the money of W400,000 only today into your bank account.

But I am sure that I will deposit the rest of W395,000 tomorrow into your bank account.

Thank you.

Wystan Kang

www.zenithtravel.co.kr

Happy Travels!
nickwils

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLTATIO wrote:

I'm pretty surprised as well. To be honest I did hassle him loads about the initial ticket. As I mentioned he tried to send me a false booking rather than the ticket but I called him up on that straight away. Then I talked with Thai Airways as I dealt with him and they were the ones who initially called Zenith about my refund as I had mailed the Thai Airways Seoul office.

From my initial dealings with him I knew something wasn't right. A poster on this board sent me a few Pm's vouching for him. I think it was a guy called Guinness on Tap.

When I mailed him I wasn't very civil, reservations at Thai Airways were on the CC list. I was pretty angry as I saw all these posts about people getting ripped off. I would of sat in his office for a few hours every morning if I hadn't received my money. I would have been a real dick and made it clear to everyone in the building what type of business he was running. I think he believed me.

I got the remaining 395,000 yesterday lunchtime. My guess is he has a gambling problem. And yes he did call me back, after maybe 100 missed consecutive missed calls.

This is the most recent email trail. I suggest going to the Police. It's either theft or fraud, let them decide.

Money in your account.

Thanks.

Wystan

www.zenithtravel.co.kr

Happy Travels!

To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]
Subject: RE: e-Ticket Passenger Itinerary Receipt For Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 02:55:12 +0100

Wystan,

Tomorrow was Wednesday. Where is my money? 14 days is not ok. THAI AIRWAYS do not sell this company anymore tickets they do no refund money to the customer.

%^#(^@*&*

To:
Subject: RE: e-Ticket Passenger Itinerary Receipt For MR
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:37:43 +0000

Dear %^(*^E,

I could deposit the money of W400,000 only today into your bank account.

But I am sure that I will deposit the rest of W395,000 tomorrow into your bank account.

Thank you.

Wystan Kang

www.zenithtravel.co.kr

Happy Travels!
AustSaint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried going into his office on a Saturday and it was closed. This was just before lunch time, so basically I don't think going in on a Saturday is a great idea. I have called his office and cellphone numerous times and no answer from the man himself, just his associate. I think legal action is the only way to handle it.
nickwils

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to visit Monday - Friday rather than on the weekend.

Legal action in Korea? Good luck with that. Check the other Zenith threads, some other people are in the same situation as you and are planning to do something later this month.
SOLTATIO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have emailed 2 different lawyers and they said they could not help me, and that it was a matter for the police.

My problem is that I don't live in Seoul.

I've continued to call and email with no response. The guy answering the phone for him claims they have no relation, that the guy just pays him a few extra dollars to answer the phone when he's out of office. And he did tell me that the guy has been pretty much out of the office for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Taking it to the police this weekend. Does anyone want to type up something about their situation and I can take it to the police all together?
burtonite

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Zenith Travel Reply with quote

http://jennipal.blogspot.com/2011/07/asian-invasion-fail.html

My family was scammed 10 million Korean won by this guy. He signed a legal document drafted by a lawyer stating that would would pay the sum of the tickets by the end of August. We did not receive a thing.

We are living in Canada and don't have any way to contact him. My bil has been attempting to get ahold of him. We have not heard anything from him because he cannot get through.
CheeseSandwich

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLTATIO wrote:
I have emailed 2 different lawyers and they said they could not help me, and that it was a matter for the police.

My problem is that I don't live in Seoul.

I've continued to call and email with no response. The guy answering the phone for him claims they have no relation, that the guy just pays him a few extra dollars to answer the phone when he's out of office. And he did tell me that the guy has been pretty much out of the office for the last 2 or 3 weeks.

Taking it to the police this weekend. Does anyone want to type up something about their situation and I can take it to the police all together?

I don't live in Seoul either, he scammed me out of 1.2 million. That was my ticket out of Korea. So I've left the country now. I still have his numbers but no real hope of EVER seeing that money.

edit: When my friends went to the police they told us to give him time to pay back the money.

At the same time he was still collecting money for tickets from other people. Another prime example of the Korean cops being a joke.
falco

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is DEFINITELY a case for lawyers. I dont understand for the life of me why those lawyers would say there was nothing they could do. I DEFINTELY intend consulting one when I get back.
nickwils

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraud or Theft? Rocket science it ain't. Even in Korea.
Jake_Kim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bonitajiji.blog.me/80137322051
This young lady isn't a scam victim herself, but apparently got indirectly involved through her American friend recently, according to her.

I wonder if 'Piper' from the quote is also active on this forum? It seems that a few dozen Koreans also fell victim of Kang's scam, and that some of them are looking into a class action.

http://blog.naver.com/pters/150117750585
This person, different from the first one, is quite pissed enough to take point in this matter. Even if recovery turns out to be impossible, more people should be able to gather more evidence for a stronger case to put him away longer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: