Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you need an FBI check urgently
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
failan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off-topic, but i believe the fbi changed their wait time back to 8 weeks. i called them a few weeks ago, and the voice mail said, "current waiting time is 12 weeks, but now it said 8 weeks. this is good..
torp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starteachers.net also recommended accuratebiometrics to me, today. I'm glad I checked on here, they have experience of it not working but they're still advising it to teachers hmmmm.
failan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would they advice it if hasn't worked???... I spoke with them as well. I don't get it
sincerely

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jenoc wrote:
I live in Illinois and they would not apostille my FBI CBC. I called the office in Springfield and Chicago and both told me they would not do it and that no other state SHOULD so it.

California does it but they should have stopped and from what I understand Korea is accepting it. I called Apostille pros the other day and they said no one has been rejected so far and that with the large number they process daily they would be one of the first people to know about it.

I just sent mine off to be apostilled so heres hoping for the best.

What?! I just had mine apostilled in Chicago in March. It took 10 minutes.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
starteachers.net also recommended accuratebiometrics to me, today. I'm glad I checked on here, they have experience of it not working but they're still advising it to teachers hmmmm.

Because they have no idea what they are talking about.
thaitom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my employer call the local immigration office today to see if using the fbi approved channeler was acceptable,my employer was told that they knew about accurate biometrics and that it was perfectly ok to use them.
jeremysums

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Kimmi accepting the expedited cbc yet?

Zyzyfer wrote:
Apostillepros should be fine. It's just expedited service so you don't have to wait or go in person.

It's the rush CBC company that isn't kosher.

I'd like to point out to people reading along and hoping to utilize this service that, even if someone successfully submits a CBC this way, I highly recommend going about it the normal way. Just because one or two people manage to slip through doesn't mean you should bank on this being a viable alternative.
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had my employer call the local immigration office today to see if using the fbi approved channeler was acceptable,my employer was told that they knew about accurate biometrics and that it was perfectly ok to use them.

What immigration office is this? I still have another month to go, and am wondering if my congressman is actually helping in expediting my cbc. I know the Mokdong Seoul office was not accepting the accurate biometrics check, and that wasn't too long ago. Why is there so much misinformation on Daves ESL?
jeremysums

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failan said they weren't accepting cbc from accurate bio and it must be from the fbi. But you can get a state apostille.

failan wrote:
somekindofwonderful wrote:
Bad news: The first bit at the top of the page in the link you provided (http://www.accuratebiometrics.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=62) states:

"Federal Bureau of Identification Notification: If your response requires an apostille, you will need to contact the FBI directly in order to obtain your background check. FBI requirements prohibit any channeler to process fingerprints that require an apostille."

So, because Korean immigration requires an apostille, accurate biometrics is saying that they are prohibited from doing the criminal background check.

I was hopeful about this but it seems it was too good to be true. But please tell me it worked out for you and I am misunderstanding.

Also, what is it to them if you then have an apostille. How would they even know? Unless the DoS, in turn, would refuse to process it, (since it was done through a channeler as they seem to be indicating).

I wonder if they just added that caveat to their website after a rush of orders or if it was there all along?

Hey somekindofwonderful,

I saw that as well, and this does seem to good to be true. However, it might all work =). It might work because of Apostillepros.com

I got a quote from apostillepros.com, and they said this:

Quote:
FBI Background Check with or without sig. & seal
Apostille � California Cert.
$175.00

that is option 2, and for option 2 it says:

Option 2

Quote:
* Original FBI background check clearance letter with OR without signature of Kimberly J Del Greco and the embossed seal of the Department of Justice - we will appropriately notarize and have your FBI Background Check Apostilled valid for use in South Korea � fastest turnaround service

So, it seems to be good enough. Though accuratebiometrics can't apostille it, somehow apostillepros can. If apostillepros can state that it's valud for use in South Korea, then it should be legit otherwise I'd have a problem with them.

I'm pretty sure my fingerprints arrived to accuratebiometrics on Wednesday. As soon I receive them back, which I expect within the next few days, I'm sending them straight to Apostillepros, and apparently they process and ship within 1 business day.

Let's seriously cross our fingers.

If anyone else is doing any of this or had experience, plz let us know. I know kingssurfer is doing the same thing.
[/quote]
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingssurfer wrote:
...and Korean Immigration has been accepting it as far as I know.

Which tells you this whole process has something to do with race=there isn't any real process.
jeremysums

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a super slow process overall.
jeremysums

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any info if the accurate bio cbc is working?

failan wrote:
why would they advice it if hasn't worked???... I spoke with them as well. I don't get it
kingssurfer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

No, I tried it and it did not work at the Seoul Immigration Office. Don't know about the others.

Luckily, I finally got mine the regular way. I don't believe most things I read on this site. Ttompatz is the only one who seems to know all the answers.
samcic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks.

kingssurfer wrote:
Quote:

No, I tried it and it did not work at the Seoul Immigration Office. Don't know about the others.

Luckily, I finally got mine the regular way. I don't believe most things I read on this site. Ttompatz is the only one who seems to know all the answers.
jeremysums

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The FBI need to hire more people or update their system.

kingssurfer wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: