Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

My new school needs to register me again as a teacher with the Office of Education.

However, this time I've been told they need an Apostilled Degree Copy but I only had one and that was for transferring my Visa at immigration.

Pretty sure last year, my school only took a photocopy to the Office of Education.

So, any other teachers in the same process as me?

Now, I will need to send my other notarised degree copy back home for the Apostille and wait for a process that could take 1 month.

Don't know why 2 Government bodies can't just share information? Korea illogical.
millyfrend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

Savant wrote:

Now, I will need to send my other notarised degree copy back home for the Apostille and wait for a process that could take 1 month.

Yeah they can't share information.

If you need documents apostille in a hurry, you can use an apostille service www.apostillepros.com but you have to pay them. They can do it the same day they receive your documents. 1 day for apostille and 2-3 shipping days for the documents to get to South Korea by FedEx international with tracking

or

like you said do it yourself and wait a month time. You have options, it's just a matter of what you want to do. Paperwork is part of getting a job, just have to do it so you can get paid.
emmahearst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

Why register as a teacher?

Savant wrote:
My new school needs to register me again as a teacher with the Office of Education.

However, this time I've been told they need an Apostilled Degree Copy but I only had one and that was for transferring my Visa at immigration.

Pretty sure last year, my school only took a photocopy to the Office of Education.

Don't know why 2 Government bodies can't just share information? Korea illogical.
millyfrend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

This year with degrees, they want a copy of the degree apostille, not the original.

Savant wrote:

ttompatz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

Savant wrote:

K-immi needs the appostilled copy of the degree.

The education office does NOT and they wouldn't know one if it bit them in the butt.

Your co-teacher / wonjang is talking through their hat.

emmahearst

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

They don't need your fbi background check?
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They might want, but they dont need.

It sounds like somebody just wants to be as important as immigration and redundantly demand the same things as them. They only need a copy for their records. You were already cleared by immigration.

That said, if you dont give them what they want, they can get rid of you. They sponsored your visa and gave you a job, they can take it away. No need to give a reason if you are still probationary. Under an E-2, you are not protected by labor law until you have been employed for at least six months.

Last edited by OculisOrbis on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

emmahearst wrote:

Immigration does.
Education office does NOT.

emmahearst

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

got it.

emmahearst wrote:
siwawalter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

FBI check apostille original.

emmahearst wrote:
got it.

emmahearst wrote:
andriabr

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

When you reregister is that an E2 Visa?

Savant wrote:

Wink
jeremysums

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

My friend sent her degree to her Penn college, they wouldn't even notarize it at the registrar office. Weird how some states work.

Savant wrote:

Warhammer820

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only things we need apostilled are a COPY of our diploma and our CBC right? How much does that cost total?
Warhammer820

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Apostilled Degree Copy for Office of Education Reply with quote

[/quote]

Yeah they can't share information.

If you need documents apostille in a hurry, you can use an apostille service www.apostillepros.com but you have to pay them. They can do it the same day they receive your documents. 1 day for apostille and 2-3 shipping days for the documents to get to South Korea by FedEx international with tracking

[/quote]

So your saying that i can get an apostille in 2-3 days? What does a copy of a degree mean? It's just a scanned copy of my degree right?
jeremysums

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Visa, you need a copy of your degree apostille. Korean immigration no longer want the original degree apostille for South Korea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: