Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expediting the FBI Background Check ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortysixyou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Expediting the FBI Background Check ? Reply with quote

Is it possible to expedite the process?

I've heard it is, and can't find any current info on the topic.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
michi gnome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in the U.S. the FBI background check could take up to 3 months, and I'm not sure how to expedite that, if at all possible.

However, when it comes time to get the Apostille seal, instead of waiting 8 weeks to get it back from Washington, DC, you can use a courier service.

I used Pro Ex, paid about $60, and had it returned to me in about 1 week.

ProEx Delivery Corp.
5185 MacArthur Blvd. NW #710
Washington, DC 20016
(202)298-6550
tortugaverde

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not possible. Although, you can email your congress person or state rep. I started this process (WA state) for the apostille and got a response quickly... they said they could help with expedite government documents. You have to fill out a privacy release form and such. I ended up getting them apostilled with a friend in Virgina (they took them personally) and telling them I no longer needed help.
Can't hurt to try! Wink
fortysixyou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.

I'm in Korea now, I just want to change jobs in March 2012, and thought I should get the process started as early as possible. It's almost five months from now, so it should be sufficient time.

As I understand it, I submit the application form and three sets of fingerprints to the FBI, with the application fee; obtain my record, then send to have it appostilled? Am I missing anything?
DejaVu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortysixyou wrote:
Thanks for the responses.

I'm in Korea now, I just want to change jobs in March 2012, and thought I should get the process started as early as possible. It's almost five months from now, so it should be sufficient time.

As I understand it, I submit the application form and three sets of fingerprints to the FBI, with the application fee; obtain my record, then send to have it appostilled? Am I missing anything?

Also, make sure you write a letter asking it to be authenticated. I don't remember if you do this with the FBI or the State Department... anyways... it's important.
jurassic82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, everything you have stated sounds right except the three sets of prints. You really only need to send one set of prints. If you are worried that one set might get rejected then maybe it is not a bad idea to send more instead of finding out later and have to do the process again. I have requested my FBI Check twice before and both times I wrote a letter stating the circumstance. Both times I got my check back in about 6 weeks contrary to the 8 weeks it says on the FBI website.

Also, I can't remember who mentioned it before but make sure to ask to have it authenticated so you can get it apostilled. You can do all this in a short letter. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: