Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JFK Assassination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: "We keep you alive to serve this boat" Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:

No, what you don't get is that IT IS up to you and REGICIDE to come up with a logical, testable explanation of what you think happened.



Casp. Can you see this thread now going the way of the Ford lied thing?



"No, what you don't get is that IT IS up to you and REGICIDE to come up with a logical, testable explanation of what you think happened."

Reg and Casp - no it isnt.
NWM -yes it is.

Repeat for two months.

NWM. You are and have been irrelevent for a long time. But we keep you around to keep this thread alive. ( although hundred or more read it each day )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ineverlie&I'malwaysri



Joined: 09 Aug 2011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
No, what you don't get is that IT IS up to you and REGICIDE to come up with a logical, testable explanation of what you think happened.

If I can prove that someone did not commit a murder, I have no obligation whatsoever to provide proof that someone else was the actual killer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Oswald was innocent no need to provide an alternate theory Reply with quote

That is right, Casp - and that will be the end of that nonsense.
Regarding Oswalds innocence:

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-james-hosty-20110621,0,624409.story

FBI agent James Hosty is the guy who destroyed critically important assassination evidence -- a written note left by Oswald at the Dallas office of the FBI, two weeks before the assassination. James Hosty admits that he destroyed Oswald's note three hours after Oswald was killed by Jack Ruby. As one who destroyed evidence, how can Hosty possibly be trusted to tell the truth about anything in this matter? The Hosty situation like many others which demonstrate that Oswald was innocent and or framed are complicated. Like the Sylvia Odio and the Oswald look alike who knocked on her door while the Warren Commission had him in Mexico City! In the case of Oswald being known by the FBI and other intelligence agencies and Hosty and the FBI in particular, the FBI and Hosty's office did exactly what they should have knowing Oswald was in town or even working a cover job along the parade route - nothing! Thats right. They knew Oswald was no threat the president and had no reason to "alert" anyone. Of course when he ended being framed for the murder it put the FBI and Hosty in a bad light but in reality the FBI did not slip up in this case and allow a killer in its midst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: The ( James ) Hosty note. Reply with quote

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Destruction_of_the_Oswald_Note


Understanding the Hosty note can be complicated , or simple - I think it is simple; but in order for it to be simple you have to understand the very complicated story behind it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Angry Bird Rios



Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Location: Flinging through the air

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the simple understanding then? It was about the assassination?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angry Bird Rios wrote:
So what is the simple understanding then? It was about the assassination?


This is why this matter is simple:

The FBI and Hosty knew all about Oswald but had no reason to think he was a threat. Anyway, Oswald probably worked for an intelligence entity on a contract basis, which further complicated the situation.

They did not make a mistake by not monitoring Oswald whereabouts because he did not kill Kennedy. And besides, since it was a set-up and Kennedy was supposed to get killed, they would not have taken steps to stop him from killing Kennedy anyway. Security was non-existant in Dealy, and that included the Dal Tex and Book Building.

Yet, since he allegedly killed Kennedy, they have taken this heat all this time.

Complicated , yet simple.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nowhere Man



Joined: 08 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
If I can prove that someone did not commit a murder, I have no obligation whatsoever to provide proof that someone else was the actual killer.


I welcome Angry to the discussion.

BacasperAbefhjgffjjhgj,

You have absolutely nothing as of 40+ some odd pages to prove Oswald didn't do it.

But, let's indulge a broader discussion.

Angry:

Quote:
The FBI and Hosty knew all about Oswald but had no reason to think he was a threat. Anyway, Oswald probably worked for an intelligence entity on a contract basis, which further complicated the situation.

They did not make a mistake by not monitoring Oswald whereabouts because he did not kill Kennedy. And besides, since it was a set-up and Kennedy was supposed to get killed, they would not have taken steps to stop him from killing Kennedy anyway. Security was non-existant in Dealy, and that included the Dal Tex and Book Building.


That covers a lot of territory. Please back up your statements. What are they based on?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nowhere Man



Joined: 08 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Nevermind. Just have to keep up with name changes. Maybe your next name should be OBAMADEATHCAMP?

Let's go back to your "proof", which is...dunno, boiling in a pot with eyes for the wall?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angry Bird Rios



Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Location: Flinging through the air

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ So how many logical fallacies is that?

First, you are right: I can't prove a negative.

Then, if I can't prove he didn't do it, that means he did? Wait a minute. I can't prove that you didn't do it, so therefore... Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nowhere Man



Joined: 08 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

First off, sorry, have to take a pic of this:

Quote:
^ So how many logical fallacies is that?

First, you are right: I can't prove a negative.

Then, if I can't prove he didn't do it, that means he did? Wait a minute. I can't prove that you didn't do it, so


Reason: In the 50 or so pages we are on now, Regicide/Theme decided to go back and thoroughly edit his poor, poo-flinging rebuttals with massive, largely TOS-violating spam.

Gotta keep what people say straight. You don't have to do that with me. I won't be creatively editing any of my back posts.

Second, I offer an apology. I thought that you were yet another sock puppet of Bacasper. He makes a new one about every six months or so, and there's no rule that he can't. Not sure why he does, but maybe it's to swing votes his way.

Anyway, my apologies for the short previous post, providing you are not a Bacasper sock.

Now, PLAY BALL! Shocked

Let us definitely apply the rules of logic here. I totally welcome that. It will cut a lot of crap.

So, rules of logic in da house!

When you play the rules of logic, the first thing you might not like to here is that "Asking to prove a negative" does not exist as a logical fallacy.

I will support my assertion as follows:

Quote:

It is widely believed that you can’t prove a negative. Some people even think that it is a law of logic—you can’t prove that Santa Claus, unicorns, the Loch Ness Monster, God, pink elephants, WMD in Iraq and Bigfoot don’t exist. This widespread belief is flatly, 100% wrong. In this little essay, I show precisely how one can prove a negative, to the same extent that one can prove anything at all.


http://departments.bloomu.edu/philosophy/pages/content/hales/articles/proveanegative.html

Quote:
People who are searching for excuses to believe silly things frequently make this statement. A theist makes a positive assertion, and then declines to provide a basis for it. You deny their assertion (rightly so, what with no basis and all), but your denial is deemed invalid because it is impossible to prove a denial.


http://www.graveyardofthegods.net/articles/cantprovenegative.html

In fact, the "can't prove a negative"argument is just a thinly veiled "argument from ignorance".

Quote:
This represents a type of false dichotomy in that it excludes a third option, which is that there is insufficient investigation and therefore insufficient information to satisfactorily prove the proposition to be either true or false.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

Now, let's count fallacies:

Nowhere Man:0
Angry Bird Rios:1

Now, Abe Scrap, don't feel left out:

If I can prove that someone did not commit a murder, (you can fling poo as you like?)

Well, 40+ pages. Show us your "proof".


____________________________________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Mr. James Hosty Reply with quote

The subject at hand is the "Hosty Note."

But Sylvia Odio was ignored so I am expecting the same for James Hosty.

JAMES P. HOSTY Jr. was someone's father and husband and he passed away recently - so while he enters into the picture here being referred to as a note, lets always keep in mind he was a man caught up in something that I am sure he wish never happened.


James P. Hosty, Jr., 86, of Punta Gorda, FL, passed away Friday, June 10, 2011, at Kansas City Hospice House in KCMO, from cancer. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m., Saturday, June 18, at St. Agnes Catholic Church, 5250 Mission Rd in Roeland Park, KS.
Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=james-p-hosty&pid=151953506&fhid=11267#ixzz1Zk81Ml4e


Last edited by Theme on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: James Hosty and Hoover Reply with quote

Angry Bird Rios wrote:
So what is the simple understanding then? It was about the assassination?


"When one discusses Hosty, one should always remember that he was punished by Hoover, suspended without pay and transferred to Kansas City, for failing to put Oswald on the Security Index. It was Hoover's belief that Hosty should have considered Oswald a possible threat. The problem was that Hosty was not told of Oswald's trip to Mexico* until it was too late. Thus, Hosty was basically innocent of the charges.

Meanwhile, the saintly Hoover was a perjurer, a monster, or both. In sworn testimony, he told the Warren Commission that "there had been no information that would have warranted our reporting him (Oswald) as a potential hazard to the security or the safety of the President.” He said this at the very time he was secretly disciplining 17 agents, including Hosty, for failing to report Oswald as a potential hazard to the security of the President. Willam Sullivan testified years later that Hoover punished these agents for his own protection, so that if the Warren Commission ended up publicly criticizing the FBI for its failures, he could tell them that he'd already taken care of things and punished the incompetent flunkeys. Nice guy. "

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7569&st=0

Guitar Sensation version of Dire Straits SULTANS OF SWING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_NUpTJ149w&NR=1

*You may recall that the problem is an Oswald look alike knocked on Sylvia Odio's door back in Texas, USA, the same day.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/02nd_Issue/odio.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Enrico Palazzo
Mod Team
Mod Team


Joined: 11 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Mr. James Hosty Reply with quote

Theme wrote:
The subject at hand is the "Hosty Note."

But Sylvia Odio was ignored so I am expecting the same for James Hosty.

JAMES P. HOSTY Jr. was someone's father and husband and he passed away recently - so while he enters into the picture here being referred to as a note, lets always keep in mind he was a man caught up in something that I am sure he wish never happened.


James P. Hosty, Jr., 86, of Punta Gorda, FL, passed away Friday, June 10, 2011, at Kansas City Hospice House in KCMO, from cancer. Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m., Saturday, June 18, at St. Agnes Catholic Church, 5250 Mission Rd in Roeland Park, KS. Burial will be in Resurrection Catholic Cemetery in Lenexa, KS. Visitation will be Friday, June 17, from 4-7 p.m. with a Rosary at 6:30 p.m., at McGilley & Hoge Chapel, 8024 Santa Fe Dr., Overland Park, KS 66204. Memorial contributions may be made to Dominican Friars of Lubbock, in care of Fr. Robert Perry, 2305 Main St., Lubbock, TX 79401. Jim Hosty was born to James P. Hosty and Irene (Ahern) Hosty on August 28, 1924, in Chicago, IL. Jim grew up in St. Luke's Catholic parish in River Forest, IL and attended grade school there and later Fenwick High School. On October 31, 1942, Jim volunteered and enlisted in the US Army in the midst of World War II. Because of his high IQ scores, the Army sent Jim to a special program at Indiana University to study pre- engineering. But as the war escalated, the Army disbanded this program and Jim reported to Fort Campbell Kentucky in 1944 to join the 20th Armored Division and the 220th Armored Engineer Battalion. In February 1945, the 20th Armored Division landed in France, formed back up and moved to the front. The 20th Armored Division entered Germany in April 1945 and engaged in several combat operations. In their operations, the 20th Armored was part of the 7th Army that liberated the Dachau Concentration Camp where Hosty witnessed "walking human skeletons" and the remains of other victims. After the war, Jim enrolled at the University of Notre Dame where he graduated in 1948. Jim married Janet Perry on January 6, 1951, at St. Giles Catholic Church in Oak Park, IL. On January 21, 1952, Jim joined the FBI as a special agent. Stationed in Dallas and trained in counter- espionage techniques during the height of the Cold War with the Soviet Union, Jim was given the routine assignment of two security cases involving Lee Harvey Oswald and his wife Marina in October 1963. The objective of the investigation was to determine whether either Oswald or his wife posed a risk to national security. When Oswald was arrested on November 22, 1963 for the assassination of President Kennedy, Jim was summoned to participate in the interrogation of Oswald. It is believed that Jim's notes from that interrogation are the only remaining notes and Jim's notes are now in the National Archives. When President Lyndon Johnson ordered the FBI to conduct a comprehensive investigation of the assassination, Jim was assigned one of the lead roles in the investigation into Oswald and his background. Privy to a first-hand examination of all the evidence, Jim was always certain of his conviction that Oswald had indeed assassinated the president and had done so alone. In 1979, Jim retired from the FBI and then worked 10 years for the Kansas Department of Revenue. In 1989, Jim and Janet retired to Punta Gorda, FL. Jim and Janet had nine children. Jim was preceded in death by his beloved wife Janet and two of his sons, Bob and Mike (Debbie). Jim was also preceded in death by his parents and his sister Rita and brother Ed. Jim is survived by his other seven children, Jim (Vicki), Teri (Tom), Janet (Mark), Maureen, Dick, Tom (Julie) and Cathy (Tim), 22 grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. Jim is also survived by his sisters Mary Beth, Margie, Lori, and Helen. Please offer condolences at www.mcgilleyhogememorialchapel.com M Published in Kansas City Star from June 15 to June 16, 2011

Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=james-p-hosty&pid=151953506&fhid=11267#ixzz1Zk81Ml4e



You're supposed to limit the amount of text you post, not post the whole article or so much of it, and others can reference the rest on the link you're provided. Most users won't read so much text.


Enrico
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nowhere Man



Joined: 08 Feb 2004

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hosty note posty note. That's not proof. It's insinuation. Do you need me to explain the difference again?

I'm still waiting for the "proof".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Theme



Joined: 06 Jun 2009
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

contrarian wrote:
That Italian Rifle has some impressice ballistics. The Marine Corps taught Oswald to shoot. A downhill "going away" shot is an easy one. Oswald did it alone.


He may have fired some the shots from the front - so what if he did?

Nowhere Man wrote:
Hosty note posty note. That's not proof. It's insinuation. Do you need me to explain the difference again?

I'm still waiting for the "proof".


Hate to reinforce this childish behavior, but proof of what, may I ask?
And, what do I need to prove?


That being said, we are discussing the facts in the case, who said anything about proof anyway?

For those interested in the case - wouldn't you say that the Hosty Note raises a couple of interesting questions?

First, if he really was a potential threat, then what the heck was the FBI doing?
( the mainstream interpretation of the note )

Or , if he was used as a patsy ( and the *facts show that he was ) then it is clear that he was not considered a threat and there was no reason to be concerned about Oswald working in a building on the parade route.


*Among other things, Oswald was seen all over the place in the months before the assassination doing things that would incriminate him.

And, most importantly, the fact that the Warren Commission had him in **Mexico City at the same time Sylvia Odio had him at her house.

** How in the world did such a loser get to Mexico City? That costs money just to get there, and as many posters on this board know, international travel with visas and such also takes a lot of money and time.

A "loser" would be stuck in the town he lives in and would be living paycheck to paycheck, he would not own expensive cameras and travel to a (nearby ) foreign country to obtain a visa to another country ( where travel is forbidden - Cuba )

James Hosty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW_i-9EWXio


Angry Bird Rios wrote:
^ So how many logical fallacies is that?

First, you are right: I can't prove a negative.

Then, if I can't prove he didn't do it, that means he did? Wait a minute. I can't prove that you didn't do it, so therefore... Shocked


There were shots from the front which Oswald or any shooter from behind could not have made.

So I don't care if somebody believes Oswald fired shots or not. There were at least two shooters, not one. Thats makes a conspiracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 45 of 47

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International