Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BCM still in operation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jensen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: BCM still in operation? Reply with quote

I've been out of the hagwon gig for a few years Confused , wondered what's happened with BCM (Min Byung-chul...hope I got the name spelled right). This is the big franchise hagwon, main branch was located near the Kangnam subway stop in the early '90s. Min, the owner was known for his English-ed TV programs. Still in business? Any good gossip...I mean news?
Thanks.
mack the knife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCM in nowon is alive and kickin'! and still totally scandalous!
Jensen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, didn't do my homework before asking. Did the basic search and read through a few old posts, looks like, as you say Mack, business as usual. Thanks.
jherara

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: BCM Reply with quote

Anyone know about BCM Ansan? Supposedly it is a separately owned school.
bellum99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: there are not seperate schools Reply with quote

They say they are seperatly owned but when you have a problem they still pull out the "BCM HANDBOOK". I worked a contract there and it was hell, nothing was true, nothing was fair. The western teachers had to each teach 3 months in the morning...but one teacher there was a fat, old woman who cried like a baby anytime she didn't like something. I mean 300 pounds and crying in front of her classes.
No overtime for her, no prep time for her, good vacation times, and for sure no early morning work....lets just give it tooooo me. I truely hate BCM and her. I worked 6:30am-12:00 and 4:00pm-9:30pm and the school screwed me every month for overtime. I really hated that woman and the school.
It was seperate from the "chain" schools but not really...only in name not in structure. They are all part of the chain.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jherara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject: BCM Ansan Reply with quote

Do you mind if I ask when this was? I was told that the owner only recently took over the school (within the last year) and a half or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: