Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BEWARE Zenith Tours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burtonite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: collecting contact info/ scam details Reply with quote

There is certainly strength in numbers. My brother in law has taken this case into his hands and being an older Korean male my husband (also Korean) has a hard time getting information from him. And then I'm left totally out of the loop. I'm actually impressed that the foreign community is getting together to rally for this case. Since I have no control over what my brother will do all I can say is we can start a tally with a list of people who are involved directly and details about the ticket purchase. Then I can do my best to pass this information on to my brother in law. I'll start:

Jennifer Burton - purchased tickets end of April paid in full (app. 9 mill. KRW). Zenith travel called family 1 day before departure (July 27) to let family know there are no tickets. Travel agent signed a legal document beginning of August stating he'd return sum of tickets by the end of August. He did not pay. Contact email: [email protected] SKYPE account: burtonite
SOLTATIO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I have been calling and calling and randomly he picked up the other day. I spoke to him about 5 minutes (again...he sounded drunk) and then my Korean co-teacher spoke to him. He said it is worse for us if he goes to jail because then we wont get any money (wrong).

He promised to pay half by Sept 14, which I am not holding my breath for, and the other half about 2 weeks later. He told my co-teacher he has no money and to stop bothering him.

I told him repeatedly that he was a thief, and he just grunted and said "next week, next week".

This guy is an absolute joke.
nickwils

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no expert however what are the police actually investigating? It seems this has been going on for months now.

He's a robbing cunt who should be locked up.

At least in Thailand you have the tourist police to fall back on. How is he still running a business? What are the police doing?
AustSaint

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I intend to see the police this weekend, hopefully they can tell me what they can or can't do.
burtonite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bil will be going to the police right after Chuseok. I'm wondering if any one would like to have their name added to the list so that we have a stronger case for prosecution. My bil is Korea and we are owed 9 mill KRW. Please send your story and details to my email: [email protected]

Thanks
randyreno

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Legal action against Zenith Reply with quote

A special investigations unit is starting to proceed with an investigation against Zenith and they would like to know about other victims of Kang Wystan. This is for people who have lost money, not disgruntled customers who got bad service.
Additionally, an up and coming online magazine 3 Wise Monkeys, is writing up a feature article on this story. 3WM will protect your identity if you wish. We expect the publicity of the 3WM story to reach out and find other victims who are not Dave ESL types.
If you wish to pass your info onto the police investigation, you will need to provide your Alien registration number, name and contact phone and a brief description of how you lost money to Kang.
You may send that info to me [email protected]
and I will forward it to the special investigators. I am also a victim of Kang, who appears to be running a Ponzi scheme or just down right thievery.
If you want to tell your story to 3WM, send it to Scott at [email protected]
Please pass this on to other victims you may know...we need to put a stop to Kang, legally.
[email protected]
randyreno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: publicity is starting to generate united victims Reply with quote

http://thethreewisemonkeys.com/2011/09/12/expat-warning-zenith-travelstours/

This link is to the online magazine 3 Wise Monkeys and they are going to keep this story alive....if you want to share your story with them, they will keep your identity secret, as they did mine in this first article.
JFP2020

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I work for The Korea Herald and I am interested in this story. I'd urge anyone who'd like to speak to me to email [email protected]

John
randyreno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Victims can file a complaint at Seocho Police office Reply with quote

From Mr Kim of KTO, after I sent him an angry email concerning the Korea TImes continuing to publish the Zenith Travel ad.

From Mr Kim:
I just got back to my office holding the Korea Times in my hand. It is not tolerable. It is definately criminal activity.

To find a way to slove this probelm, I just spoke with an police officer in the Seocho Police Office(Tel : 3483-9366), he saids all victims should bring an accusation against Mr. Kang.

I will do my best to solve this issue. Thank you Sincerely, H. J. Kim

To H. J. Kim

Dear Sir,

Today I was shocked to see that the Korea Times is again running the advertisement for Zenith Travel. I sent them an email letter to the Editor two weeks ago but they did not publish it. Can you do anything to stop this aiding and abetting of a criminal? Everyday I am finding out that new victims are being ripped off by Kang Wystan of Zenith Travel. This is eventually going to be made public in major news outlets outside of Korea.
How can this kind of criminal activity continue to take place on a daily basis in this "OECD" country? If you recall, the police at Gangdong refused to take my complaint, which leads me to believe that they are somehow connected with this criminal.

Last edited by randyreno on Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
randyreno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Now is the time to complain about Zenith Reply with quote

Fellow victims...NOW is the time to go to the Seocho police station, exit 6 at Seocho subway station, and file your complaint with investigation team 2.

here is todays story in the Korea Herald.

http://www.koreaherald.com/national/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110926000729
The Great Toad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a problem with him in January-

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?p=2653740&highlight=#2653740

Mmm this has gone on for a bit but he just messed me over a bit and then later wired my bank account 100k for rescheduling my flight for no reason I could guess with less than 24 hours notice... When it was already paid for and I already got the e-ticket.

It seems he got more and more shady though... but in my case I was just very bothered and wasted a overnight stay when my flight was changed to later in the day

I PMed jack the Cat to take him off the travel sticky - would recommend any of you unhappy with him too to do likewise...
randyreno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Victims of Zenith come forward NOW Reply with quote

Namdaemun Police station at Namdaemun subway stop has a special investigation team that is heading the investigation of Kang and Zenith. My complaint filed at the Seocho Police station is being forwarded to them.

the special investigation unit for international crime that you guys should go to the police office at namdaemun station thats where there temporary office is based. Go to namdaemun police office (thats the exit title) they want you to bring your evidence. They are on the 7th floor ****but they can't speak English(go figure being int'l unit). So if you can make it over there during the week 9-5.
waterdweller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from the police how the investigation is going? I filed with them about a month ago but still haven't heard any news, except that over 20 people have put in a claim with the police.
randyreno

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

I was called back to the Seocho police department to file my "formal" complaint about a week ago....they made an interpreter available and we went over all the details of my initial complaint I filed a month ago. Then I had to red ink my thumb and stamp each page. They said that the case would go forward to the metropolitan department...I asked if that was Namdaemun, but they indicated that it was at Soedaemun. I feel like the case is moving forward but there is little feedback given to the victims. The media has reported that Kang was arrested, but I am not sure if thats true or not...he may just have had an arrest warrant issued. Korea has some strange ways of dealing with criminals, arrested without physical detainment.....also MBC tv did a story with interviews of some victims. The Korea Herald reported a week ago that although Kangs website is down, when they contacted his email he still was offering flights, and asking for full payment in advance sent to his bank account...could he do that from a jail cell?
randyreno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Zentih complaint Reply with quote

here is the latest update from 3 Wise Monkeys on the Zenith scam story....3WM deserves a lot of credit for being the first to report this story outside of the bloggers.

http://thethreewisemonkeys.com/2011/10/06/korean-media-finally-covers-zenith-travel-scam/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: