Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which FBI background check apostille service is better?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mila

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Which FBI background check apostille service is better? Reply with quote

I've heard about US legalization and Washington express visas. So I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with either one of them? Or which one would you recommend for apostilles?

I've done some research and US legalization is $20 cheaper than Washington express visa, but if it's just that...I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if their service is better. Also US legalization is not located in DC, will that delay the apostille time?
overdrive2023x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used US Legalization last week. Sent it out via Fedex on a Tuesday, got there on Thursday. They apostilled it on Friday. And I just got it back. So it took only about a week. If you wanted to chip the extra for next day shipping both ways, i'm sure you could have it back a lot quicker.
emetib

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really pleased with US Authentication services. Whole thing took me a week. Would probably take faster if FBI had sent the CBC to US Auth instead of to me in Korea (not to mention have saved me a fedex fee). I thought the pricing was fairly reasonable too, considing that in my state (NV) to have the same turn-around time it cost about $75-$125 at the SoS, and these guys only charged $65. They also really make Apostille Pros look like a ripoff. Rolling Eyes
LAtoSeoul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did US legalization. Worked well. 45 dollars. Did 2 day fedex. cost 27 together. So 70 to have my CRC back in less than a week
kattaylor31

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used US Legalization as well. They were really quick and efficient. I chose them because my recruiter told me she sent everyone there.
ArgentineDreams

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

US Legalization.

I have used them twice and been happy with their fast and reliable service. I highly recommend them.
ghostrider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used http://www.usauthentication.com/ without any problems. Is it true we'll need two background checks with apostilles from now on? One for immigration and one for the education office?
jamespulis3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used www.rushdocs.com and they were quick. They emailed me when they got my CBC and with the tracking number when they mailed it back to me.

It was $38 for the apostille and $8 for 2 day shipping.
Sam1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: RushDocs Reply with quote

Hey, all. I used RushDocs for my FBI CBC Apostille as well. www.rushdocs.com. Less expensive than everybody and got it back in days. They did what they said with no BS.
2i2dk1ny2i3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait, is this ANOTHER Apostille on top of the one the FBI can do?

can someone please clarify this for me
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2i2dk1ny2i3 wrote:
wait, is this ANOTHER Apostille on top of the one the FBI can do?

can someone please clarify this for me

The FBI does NOT apostille a document for overseas use.

After they put their stamp on it you need to send it to the secretary of state for the apostille.

Sam1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: CBC and Apostille Reply with quote

More clarification, saying perhaps what has already been said.

The FBI provides a background check. It is an official document. It is not enough on its own, however, to be acceptable for the South Korean government's E2 visa requirements. The E2 is the type of visa foreign teachers of English get to legally enter the country and teach.

That Criminal Background Check (CBC) must be sent or taken to the US Department of State in Washington, DC to receive an Apostille, a further certification that your document has been reviewed and approved for use between countries participating in the Hague Convention.

The CBC goes to the State Department. The State Department reviews it and attaches their paperwork to it and you have an officially sanctioned document.

The State Department does not provide the CBC. The FBI does not provide the Apostille. Two separate agencies doing two separate things so you can receive an E2 visa.
2i2dk1ny2i3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for the information

so i sent the document to the FBI again to get a stamp and have them send it back, and then finally send to Washington D.C. correct?

i assume this is what the Apostille service companies are, is their a cheaper way to do this?
Skippy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cheapest way to do it is send it to the Secretary of State directly - http://www.state.gov/m/a/auth/. The problem is which do you want quick or cheap? You can not have both. Those services are useful as the companies go into the office and get them signed. Those that send in may have to wait a week or more as the paper sits on a desk and get looked at later when they feel like it.
Sam1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Skippy said it... Reply with quote

And the State Department is taking weeks to get them returned now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: