Site Search:

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JFK Assassination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ineverlie&I'malwaysri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jangleton, thanks for that. Almost nobody takes the Warren Report seriously anymore, at least not since that poll in 1968 (I think) in which 81% of random respondents said they did not believe it.

Yes, Greer slowed down the presidential limo to a near complete stop in order to make that 270-degree turn in Dealey Plaza, something no sincere, competent Secret Service would have allowed for, not to mention having dozens of open windows all over the Plaza looking out onto the street.

Then, of course, we have the oft-mentioned Secret Service Stand Down.

Nowhere Man wrote:
1) No citation.

2) You=irrefutable HSCA=probable

Your incompetence here is inexcusable.

If you don't understand the difference between probable and irrefutable (and you clear any ambiguity about whether you do; you obviously do not), you have absolutely zero business blobbing on about serious discussion.

You have lied about your proof again.

The above LIE is an embarrassment to serious discussion.

You have only yourself to blame.[/u]

Stop twisting my words. Anyone can plainly see that I wrote:
irrefutable Dictabelt evidence of four shots.

Four shots, of course, mean there had to have been a second gunman, also known as a "conspiracy." In any event, I am not interested in playing "gotcha." Go seek elsewhere.
jangleton

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ineverlie&I'malwaysri wrote:
jangleton, thanks for that. Almost nobody takes the Warren Report seriously anymore, at least not since that poll in 1968 (I think) in which 81% of random respondents said they did not believe it.

Yes, Greer slowed down the presidential limo to a near complete stop in order to make that 270-degree turn in Dealey Plaza, something no sincere, competent Secret Service would have allowed for, not to mention having dozens of open windows all over the Plaza looking out onto the street.

Then, of course, we have the oft-mentioned Secret Service Stand Down.

Nowhere Man wrote:
1) No citation.

2) You=irrefutable HSCA=probable

Your incompetence here is inexcusable.

If you don't understand the difference between probable and irrefutable (and you clear any ambiguity about whether you do; you obviously do not), you have absolutely zero business blobbing on about serious discussion.

You have lied about your proof again.

The above LIE is an embarrassment to serious discussion.

You have only yourself to blame.[/u]

Stop twisting my words. Anyone can plainly see that I wrote:
irrefutable Dictabelt evidence of four shots.

Four shots, of course, mean there had to have been a second gunman, also known as a "conspiracy." In any event, I am not interested in playing "gotcha." Go seek elsewhere.

I agree. But there are still a lot of flunkeys like NWM around, who are a danger to our society at a time where individual freedoms are being taken away.

The Biggest ( but certainly not only ) lie to the Warren Commission:

" Afer the first shot was fired , according to the commission, "Agent Greer immediately accelerated the presidential car."

That statement was false and was known to be false by the commission as demonstrated by all of the available evidence, including eyewitness testimony of spectators and of Secret Service agents and documents, including the Zapruder film."
Ineverlie&I'malwaysri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. In fact, he slowed down! Exclamation Shocked
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:

Whatever your name du jour is,

Quote:
The dictabelt evidence has already been done on this thread.

It's also been done quite publicly, and the end sum was that there was no motorcycle positioned as such to corroborate the evidence

Is this true or false?

Pretending to forget round 1 is the beginning of round 2.

I can play "forgot" for as many rounds as you have.

EVERY time you forget that we've already done this and you regurgitate it back as evidence makes you look bad.

And we're still waiting for your "proof".
jangleton

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: The Secret Service Criminal Minds Reply with quote

You are funny NWM! Where is your proof?

"Sometimes it is not what the Unsub does, it is what the Unsub does not do that fits the profile."

It is what the United States Secret Service detail DID NOT do when the shots rang that identify them as participants in the crime.

What did they NOT DO?

React to the shots like they were trained to do and did in every other situation ( including the agents assigned to Johnsons car ) except for Dallas.

Take a look at the agents in the Reagan attempt for example. Read about what the agents did back in Johnson car.

By doing nothing they incriminated themselves just as much as if they had shot Kennedy themselves. They had a duty to protect the president and you can see that they did not.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
You are funny NWM! Where is your proof?

OK...by rope-a-doping away from dictabelt to SS actions, I take it you have nothing more to add to the dictabelt argument and we're going to toss it in the rubbish bin of "proof" next to "Ford lied".

We've already been over the SS actions multiple times.

I think we can agree that the SS didn't do what they were supposed to/trained to do.

Their response to Reagan reflects how JFK improved SS training.

The question of whether their Dealy actions were conspiratorial or buffoonery remains a question.

You repeatedly attempt to railroad this into "proof", but it remains your interpretation.

A couple of key points:

1) If the agents were, in fact, conspirators, why wouldn't they have "conspiratorally" gone through the motions of trying to protect JFK? Their inaction cuts both ways.

2) You repeatedly point out a still photo to show the agents in the Johnson car did nothing, yet one of them ends up on the back of the limo trying to reach Jackie.

So, your opinion about the SS remains an opinion. Regurgitating your opinion every ten pages does not turn it into a fact or proof. In fact, when you respond by bobbling on to the next line of already-addressed evidence or launch into one of your fits about me, it makes you look bad.
jangleton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Last Word Mark Lane ( Patriot ) Reply with quote

Your analysis of the inactions of the Secret Service demonstrates the idiot that you are. .

You simply cannot accept what they have done and that is understandable for what they did is beyond the pale.

But I say this for the public at large who have not been exposed to this material as much as you have.

You are in denial and a traitor to this country for your continued defense of these murderers. In fact , you are an accessory after the fact and when the time comes , you will be sought out and tried like the rest of the traitors.

Now a true American Patriot who wrote the book "Last Word::

Introduction by Robert K. Tanenbaum:

"Throughout American history, heroic individuals committed to the core principle of American exceptionalism have championed the unpopular righteous cause. They witnessed injustice and sought to correct it. They experienced intolerance and refused to accept it. They encountered evil and struggled to defeat it.

During many of these confrontations, they risked their reputations and reveled in unpopularity but because they understood that momentary public censure borne of ignorance and prejudice was the price paid for a pure soul and the cost of virtuous ethical conviction.

Mark Lane is such a man and Last Word is incontrovertible corroboration. Throughout his professional career, Lane has used his brilliance in and out of the courtroom to represent the underdog. Time after time, he challenged the government to present trustworthy evidence in the numerous cases he tried. He always spoke truth to power. He was so committed to exposing injustice, it can be said that he was willing to march into hell, to pursue a heavenly case."
jangleton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Secret Service Inaction ( only in Dallas) Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:

I think we can agree that the SS didn't do what they were supposed to/trained to do.

Their response to Reagan reflects how JFK improved SS training.

It is a start that you recognize this - now stop making excuses. The lack of security was unique even for the times and the Service was trained and knew exactly what to do in this situation. Don't let those black and white photos make you think they were dummies back then.

U. E. Baughman had been the chief of the United States Secret Service from 1948 to until 1961 ( long before the Kennedy days - don't give me the "they have improved since Dealey" crap ever again ) After the assassination he said that he could not understand why Mrs. Kennedy had to climb over the back of the vehicle to "get help," or how it was possible that with the entire Secret Service detail on hand why the only shots that day had been fired at the president and no fire was returned. The agents could have at least leveled their weapons at the source of the fire , an action they were trained to do. This in response to the excuse that the agents were concerned about friendlies in the area of the shots. ( had they returned fire ) The president was shot for Christ's sake, when your sole purpose for being there was to protect the president, you do something! ( unless you were told to do nothing )

Retired Secret Service Agent Chief Baughman was not even appear on the Warren Commission report. ( further making the report an invalid document )
Ineverlie&I'malwaysri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Last Word Mark Lane ( Patriot ) Reply with quote

jangleton wrote:
Your analysis of the inactions of the Secret Service demonstrates the idiot that you are. .

You simply cannot accept what they have done and that is understandable for what they did is beyond the pale.

But I say this for the public at large who have not been exposed to this material as much as you have.

You are in denial and a traitor to this country for your continued defense of these murderers. In fact, you are an accessory after the fact and when the time comes , you will be sought out and tried like the rest of the traitors.

That's a bit of overkill. NM just likes to argue, and make you make your best argument. Sometimes he's good at it, and he likes to take on the best. I know you are emotionally invested in this, as am I and any other right-thinking American, but don't take it personally.
jangleton

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Last Word Mark Lane ( Patriot ) Reply with quote

Ineverlie&I'malwaysri wrote:
jangleton wrote:

You are in denial and a traitor to this country for your continued defense of these murderers. In fact, you are an accessory after the fact and when the time comes , you will be sought out and tried like the rest of the traitors.

That's a bit of overkill. NM just likes to argue, and make you make your best argument. Sometimes he's good at it, and he likes to take on the best. I know you are emotionally invested in this, as am I and any other right-thinking American, but don't take it personally.

NWM needs to find a new hobby or other place to practice his skills.

The cover-up has been successful because of flunkeys like NWM - whether paid for or not.

I can not think of a type of person I despise more than his ilk.

The participation of the government by it's Secret Service in the assassination of JFK is self evident, and only those unfamiliar with the case or who are cognitively impaired have a reason not to see this.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Jangleton/Theme/Regicide,

Once upon a time, you were accosting someone on the 9/11 thread about their ability to differentiate between facts and opinions. I challenged you on your own ability to differentiate between facts and opinions here on JFK. You invited me to this thread.

When I point out the difference between fact and opinion (you being heavy heavy on opinion), you simply say ugly things about me, then regurgitate your opinions. Let it be clear: I'm not arguing with the best here; I'm simply distilling fact from hoopla. This thread was pure hoopla before I was invited to attend. Flinging more hoopla at me makes you look bad.

SS activity at Dealey remains a matter of speculation. The HSCA looked into it but came up inconclusive. Temper tantrums and poo-flinging do not change this.
Rteacher

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this on the front page of a tabloid while waiting in line at a supermarket: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2322981/Former-Nixon-aide-claims-evidence-Lyndon-B-Johnson-arranged-John-F-Kennedys-assassination-new-book.html

A Republican strategist/lobbyist makes the claim against Democrat Johnson in his upcoming book, The Man Who Killed Kennedy - the case against LBJ ...Based on the author's photo, I wouldn't buy a used car from this guy, but he'll probably sell a lot of books (and he might be right...)

I haven't read much of this thread, so I don't know if this article (supporting the LBJ "did-it" theory) has been appeared here before ... http://www.viewzone.com/lbj/
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Ima try for this to be my last post here:

The "Johnson did it" theory seems to take the lead.

Now, does "Johnson did it" have anything to do with Ford?

At face value, no. It's what we'll maturely label a "meta-theory".

Beyond face value: why does Johnson need Ford to move a wound?

Why do we need umbrella man?

Why doubt that Oswald fired the fatal shots?

That's what 100+ pages have been about, mind you shoddily put forth.

The thread favors the Johnson theory. That's meta. Micro, we've had a long sad parade of things and one angry poster who wants it all to be true.

It isn't all true, and that's where at least 2 posters ruptured a nut religiously assailing their own notions of truth.

If they come back, I'm here.
Titus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailer reads the NYT so I don't have to:

Quote:
NYT: "Dallas’s Role in Kennedy’s Murder"
From the New York Times, leapfrogging loyalties at their most lunatic:

The City With a Death Wish in Its Eye

Dallas’s Role in Kennedy’s Murder

By JAMES McAULEY

FOR 50 years, Dallas has done its best to avoid coming to terms with the one event that made it famous: the assassination of John F. Kennedy on Nov. 22, 1963.

That’s because, for the self-styled “Big D,” grappling with the assassination means reckoning with its own legacy as the “city of hate,” the city that willed the death of the president.

It will miss yet another opportunity this year. ...

But once again, spectacle is likely to trump substance: not one word will be said at this event about what exactly the city was in 1963, when the president arrived in what he called, just moments before his death, “nut country.” ...

Those “men of Dallas” — men like my grandfather, oil men and corporate executives, self-made but self-segregated in a white-collar enclave in a decidedly blue-collar state — often loathed the federal government at least as much as, if not more than, they did the Soviet Union or Communist China. ...

For those men, Kennedy was a veritable enemy of the state, which is why a group of them would commission and circulate “Wanted for Treason” pamphlets before the president’s arrival and fund the presciently black-rimmed “Welcome Mr. Kennedy” advertisement that ran in The Dallas Morning News on the morning of Nov. 22. It’s no surprise that four separate confidants warned the president not to come to Dallas: an incident was well within the realm of imagination.

The wives of these men — socialites and homemakers, Junior Leaguers and ex-debutantes — were no different; in fact, they were possibly even more extreme.

(After all, there’s a reason Carol Burnett pulls a gun on Julie Andrews at the end of the famous “Big D” routine the two performed before the assassination in the early 1960s. “What are ya,” she screams, pulling the trigger, “some kinda nut?!”)

In the years before the second wave of the women’s movement, many of these women, affluent but frustrated in their exclusive neighborhoods like Preston Hollow and Highland Park, turned to politics as a means of garnering the validation they were otherwise denied. With time and money at their disposal, they would outdo their husbands, one another and even themselves. ...

And in the annals of my own family history, it was my charming grandmother, not some distant relation without a Neiman Marcus charge card, who nevertheless saw fit to found the “National Congress for Educational Excellence,” an organization that crusaded against such things as depictions of working women in Texas textbooks and the distribution of literature on homosexuality in Dallas public schools.

In a photograph taken not long after the assassination, my grandmother smiles a porcelain smile, poised and lovely in psychedelic purple Pucci, coiffure stacked high in what can only be described as a hairway to heaven. Her eyes, however, are intent, fixed on a target — liberalism, gender equality, gays.

Dallas is not, of course, “the city that killed Kennedy.” Nor does the city in which the president arrived 50 years ago bear much resemblance to Dallas today, the heart of a vibrant metroplex of 6.7 million people, most of whom have moved from elsewhere and have little or no connection to 1963.

But without question, these memories — and the remnants of the environment of extreme hatred the city’s elite actively cultivated before the president’s visit — have left an indelible mark on Dallas, the kind of mark that would never be left on Memphis or Los Angeles, which were stages rather than actors in the 1968 assassinations of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert F. Kennedy.

For the last 50 years, a collective culpability has quietly propelled the city to outshine its troubled past without ever actually engaging with it. ...

But those are transient triumphs in the face of what has always been left unsaid, what the now-defunct Dallas Times Herald once called the “dark night of the soul,” on which the bright Texas sun has yet to rise. The far right of 1963 and the radicalism of my grandparents’ generation may have faded in recent years, they remain very much alive in Dallas. ...

This year Dallas has a chance to grapple with the painful legacy of 1963 in public and out loud. Unfortunately, that’s unlikely to happen, although the city did quietly host a symposium on whether it really deserved to be labeled “the city of hate” earlier this month.

But when the national cameras start rolling on Nov. 22, Dealey Plaza, the abandoned, almost spectral site of the assassination and now of the commemoration, will have been retouched in a fresh coat of literal and figurative white paint. Cosmetics seem to be all we can expect.

I was under the impression that President Kennedy was assassinated by a Communist named Lee Harvey Oswald; evidently, I was misinformed. Instead, it must have been a giant right-wing conspiracy.

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/11/nyt-dallass-role-in-kennedys-murder.html

"...the city that willed the death of the president."
I'm With You

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Canadian EFL teacher in Japan runs the Corbett Report.

Check out his analysis of the JFK assassination, it's very interesting.

Here: Meet Lee Harvey Oswald - Sheep Dipped Patsy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47
Page 47 of 47

Jump to: