Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone know of a good gynaecologist?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humlae

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: La Mere Women's Hospital Reply with quote

I went today to the hospital mentioned above by AnniegoestoSeoul in Yeongdeungpo.
I agree with her, I was really satisfied, I saw Dr Kim who spoke English excellently and did not try to overprescribe at all. It cost 28,000 for my check up.

I also walked in without an appointment and was seen very soon after.

Cheers Annie for the info!

La Mere Women's Clinic
160-14 Sin Gil Dong
Yeong Deung Po Gu
Seoul
www.ilamere.com
L_orna

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: Women's Health Reply with quote

Hey there...
I'm pretty new to Korea...been here six weeks or so..teaching for four.
I live in Gimhae, so not sure if I can avail of any medical services for women in English anywhere near here. Can anyone offer advice on getting routine checks (ie breast check, STD check, that sort of thing?)

thanks Smile
sclpk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I would add an update to this thread in case anyone comes looking for new information.

I visited Dr. Sung's clinic in June 2009 for a pap and STD test. It wasn't a -bad- experience but it could have been better. I agree with previous posters' comments that she is a bit hurried/pushy and the interview-in-the-waiting-room thing is annoying.

This month, I decided to try out La Mere clinic in Yeongdeungpo. I called, was put on the phone with someone who spoke English, and had an appointment for 9am the next morning. The receptionist gave me bus information from Singil Station, but I decided to walk. It ended up only being a 5min walk. [Directions: Come out of Singil exit 1 and walk straight down the hill towards town (the other direction is strictly highway). You'll reach a T-shaped corner that has a Paris Baguette, Tous Les Jours, and small HomePlus all on the corner. There, cross the road and head past the HomePlus. A few minutes later, you'll see the clinic on your right - it's a black marble building with the name printed in pink.]

Anyway, I was greeted and interviewed by the same woman I spoke to on the phone. As seems to be the norm in Korea, I was interviewed in the waiting room, but this woman was quite discrete about it. There was only one other woman in the waiting room, but still she turned her body towards me on the couch and spoke in a low voice. Much appreciated, but it'd probably just be smarter to create a bilingual form to fill out, since most of the questions just consisted of boxes to check.

I was seen by Dr. Kim a few minutes later. She interviewed me briefly re: any problems/symptoms and then I had the exam. She made casual chit-chat with me to take my mind off the exam, which was appreciated. Afterwards, she gave me a pamphlet with bilingual information about the things they would check for and she told me that I'd be contacted with the results in a week. She was pleasant, relaxed, and she didn't try to sell me anything. [Note: For those who are put off by Dr. Sung's clinic offering vaginoplasty, La Mere also offers this kind of thing. There are posters/pamphlets about it in the waiting room.]

The pap and full STD testing came out to 143,000 with my insurance. I paid a lot more for the same thing at Dr. Sung's in 2009.

Exactly a week later I received a call from the English-speaking receptionist. All good. Very Happy

The phone number is 02-847-1001 and the Korean name is 라메르여성병원 in case you want to use GPS like I did.

Cheers and hope this info is helpful to someone~
sm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Dr. Sung's Reply with quote

I've only ever been to Dr. Sung's and I agree with what a lot of people have said but I also have never had any major problems. Just don't let them talk you into getting every procedure done under the sun otherwise you'll be broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: