Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water boiler break on Seollal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cayce23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Water boiler break on Seollal Reply with quote

My Daewoo water heater is broken. It happened a month ago, too in the same way but fixed itself in 24 hours.

Last night, I turned on my onol heater and was also trying to do some dishes. Then it started beeping and flashing EE.

I've browsed previous topics and they don't help in my situation. My boiler has no dial to check water levels, which I think might be the problem. My gas for my stove works, so the error code means something else. If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. My landlord isn't even home since it's the new year holiday.
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often times, it just needs to be reset by turning it off and on. If you can't find a switch, try unplugging it and replugging back in the wall.

Not sure if you took the cover off, but the valves and power switch are often inside of the metal front cover. Depends on the maker.
tealeaf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There should be an overflow on the boiler. Put a bucket under the overflow to catch excess water. Now the tricky part, find the correct valve to turn on water flow. There should be several valves on the boiler. Depending on the make of the boiler, the water flow valve could be located in a different place. On my boiler, it's a small copper nob. Turn the nob counter-clockwise until you begin to hear water flowing. When water begins to drain out of the overflow, the boiler should begin working properly. This is if the problem is a water level problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: