Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

El Nido - Philippines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: El Nido - Philippines Reply with quote

I'm staying in El Nido for a week and wondering where to stay.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm a budget traveller hoping to keep it under $25/night for two of us.

Thx!
Laughing
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: El Nido - Philippines Reply with quote

vivid wrote:
I'm staying in El Nido for a week and wondering where to stay.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm a budget traveller hoping to keep it under $25/night for two of us.

Thx!
Laughing

As most of the accommodation in El Nido town is lined one-next-to-another along the road parallel to the beach it is pretty easy to find a room that suits everyone's budget and needs. Booking recommended during Easter / Holy Week as all places especially on the beaches can become full.

Also, unless something has changed recently, there are NO ATMs with international access in El Nido. Get cash BEFORE you get there (enough pesos for your first day or two and US$ for the rest).

IF you are arriving around lunch time you can just stroll down the beach and find a place that matches your taste and budget. If you are going to arrive later in the day then maybe book your first night or two and change if it suits you or finish your stay where you landed.

Google any that catch your eye.

Anang Balay Turista, Sirena St. (near pier), ☎ +639296033589 ([email protected]). P800-1200. A small friendly place with good air-con rooms.

Cliffside Cottage, Brgy. Maligaya (near Globe Tower), ☎ +639197856625. HP 450-600. Located slightly away from the centre.

El Nido Beach Hotel, ☎ +6348-723 0887 ([email protected]). P3500-5500. edit Each room and suite is designed with the comfort and convenience of guests in mind. All rooms have hot Water, TV, Mini fridge and free Wifi.

Islandfront Cottages and Restaurant, Sitio Lugadya, Brgy. Corong-cong (just 1.5 km away from the town proper), ☎ 09296501284 ([email protected]). Rates start at 1500.00 PHP. Rooms are equipped with Air-conditioning, High-speed Internet access, and Daily Breakfast.

Kalinga Beach Resort, Caalan, El Nido, Palawan, ☎ +63 9215700021. Located along Calaan beach, has 8 cottages and beach villas available.

La Salagane, Serena St. 33, ([email protected]). With two different locations, both seafront, La Salangane Hotel offers a variety of accommodations according to the wishes and budgets of its guests.

Lagen Resort, Lagen Island. Have 50 rooms and cater a la carte meals and buffet. A clinic, library, boutique, a swimming pool and a game area are some of the facilities offered here.

Lally & Abet Beach Resort, Barangay Masagana. A Dept. of Tourism accredited hotel, it has 34 rooms with an A/C, telephone and shower, a laundry service and foreign currency exchange is also provided here. For leisure they also have sports facilities for badminton and volleyball games. Major credit cards are accepted here.

Lualhati Cottage, Brgy. Maligaya, ☎ +639193196683 ([email protected]). P500 fan room, P1000-1200 aircon. Comfortable family run accommodation at the edge of town.

Marina Garden Beach Resort, Buena Suerte, ☎ +639176247722.
P980-2500. In Center of Town Beach on a nice stretch of beach.

Miniloc Resort, Miniloc Island. Have 51 rooms, aside from being a resort, they also offer snorkeling facilities, and they have kayaks, aqua bikes and other water sports equipments available for rent.

Nido Bay Inn, Sirena St. (near Art Cafe), ☎ +639274076992. P1500-1700. Building with 10 rooms right at the Sea shore.

Og's beach pension, brgy masagana, ☎ +639204040223 ([email protected]). P500-2900. Three story building with great view right on the beach

Rosanna's cottages, Brgy. Masagana (near Bus Terminal), ☎ +639206054631. P1200-P2500.

Relucio Traveller's Pension, Serena St, Brgy. Buena Suerte (left end of the main street), ☎ +639262196640. nice family-house-turned-pension, bay view terrace, free coffee P600-P700.

Shore Pass Lodge, Sirena St. (near Art Cafe), ☎ 09179059659. P1300-1500. edit 5 rooms right at the Shore Line.

Stunning vistas beach resort, Corong Corong (before entering El Nido from Taytay), ☎ +639217515783 ([email protected]). PHP 1100-3000.
Famous for a beautiful sunset. Easy tricycle access from town (5 mins)

Lorenzo, Corong-corong (Ask for Lorenzo to any tricycle driver). Nice basic bubgalows in front of the beach. Free hot water, mosquito net, free hot water and friendly owner. 600 (double, private bathroom).

vivid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks for all the info. Where abouts did you stay when you went? Just want to find a good fit. Great info, thank you.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivid wrote:
Wow! Thanks for all the info. Where abouts did you stay when you went? Just want to find a good fit. Great info, thank you.

I like to go upscale so not in your price range ($200/day range).
El Nido Resort Miniloc Island was very good but also very expensive.

In the $100 range I like El Nido Cove Resort & Spa.

There are lots of OK places (2-3*) in your price range.

Also, you didn't say when you were travelling but prices tend to fall a bit after Easter (April - June are holidays in the Phils for school age kids) and fall farther again in July - Nov.

vivid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx ttompatz!

I'm travelling in March, so high season and I know it's going to be busy. I'd like to book something ahead of time, as I'd rather get there after a long drive and have somewhere to stay. Not really wanting to show up and take what I can get.

Need to stay on a budget as I'm travelling for three months, but don't want to stay in a hole - a happy medium Very Happy
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivid wrote:
thx ttompatz!

I'm travelling in March, so high season and I know it's going to be busy. I'd like to book something ahead of time, as I'd rather get there after a long drive and have somewhere to stay. Not really wanting to show up and take what I can get.

Need to stay on a budget as I'm travelling for three months, but don't want to stay in a hole - a happy medium Very Happy

Throughout the Phils, if you want to say on a budget, look for pension houses off the beach. Most won't have much or any web presence. Prices will vary from p500-1500 depending on the island/town but they will usually be clean, have basic amenities (private shower/bathroom) and TV.

Lazio

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be in El Nido for 4-5 days around March 5th. Just planning to check around some places and pick one there, no reservation.
here is another list;

http://flipnomad.com/2011/04/accommodation-nido-for-all-budget/
re:cursive

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take a wander North of the main beach at El Nido, walk around the headland and past the graveyard, you'll get to a quieter area with some cheaper family run guesthouses. We stayed in one a few years ago and got a waterfront hut with a bathroom, balcony, hammock and an undisturbed view of Cadlao Island. It was very cheap compared to the places on the main stretch.
hapigokelli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Around the corner from the main town and through the graveyard, the last hotel that you will come to is Taiyo Village. Go there. It is awesome and cheap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: