Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-1 Work Permit - Criminal Record Check?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drcrazy

Location: Pusan. Yes, that's right. Pusan NOT Busan. I ain't never been to no place called Busan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Shimokitazawa wrote:
Without a doubt, this is all still one big cluster f***, with many people still confused about apostille vs. notorization, and types of different criminal background checks vs. criminal record certificates, and whether fingerprints are required, etc.

My guess is that it's going to take at least another 3 years for all involved to finally figure it out.

Really! This is typical of government around the world. Confusing, convoluted, and constantly changing. True the first time I heard about apostille I was confused. I kept thinking of John, Mark, Judas, etc. Some reading and the use of google wow I figured it out. Took all of ten minutes. Till I found out as a Canadian I do not do it (same with you Shimo), we have a different process. So with some more use of my brain power I fiqured out how to do it. Once again Shim you are near the Vancouver Consulate. Take a peak at the other Canadian consulate, those ones are vague and confusing, I think the Montreal Consulate has 4 lines about processing the CRC. The Vancouver one is pretty specific.

So you think three years (yes I understand you are being facetious) to figure this out. Well maybe for you... You have been a member since 2007, done at least one contract here in Korea. Have a good amount of posts... so you read Dave's. In all that time you have done , read about or heard about SEALED TRANSCRIPT! It has been in place since umm 2004. That one comes up ALL the time here!

Shimo you seem intelligent, you have taught at University, me all my many years - just hagwons and kids. You write clear posts, seems to ask good questions. To be a teacher you must of went to University and learned such things as research, logic, and reading. But you some how seem to take a relatively basic but strange process and muck it up OR it make it more difficult then it should be. You sir are a dichotomy.

As to the E-1 needing a apostilled/verified degree. I think more use of my bottom tier University trained brain. Uhhhh - yes.

Please take a look this site. It is full of useful information. Layout is a little confusing but the info is there. PLUS IN ENGLISH!
http://www.hikorea.go.kr/pt/main_en.pt

No. E-1 wants original only.
zpeanut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ...glad this response was posted.

I was getting more and more concerned whilst reading this thread, as im in Korea waiting on documents from back home. The uni only asked for originals of my testamur (degree) so did not get them apostilled - a truly tedious process.

Thank goodness!
ttompatz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shimokitazawa wrote:
Without a doubt, this is all still one big cluster f***, with many people still confused about apostille vs. notorization, and types of different criminal background checks vs. criminal record certificates, and whether fingerprints are required, etc.

My guess is that it's going to take at least another 3 years for all involved to finally figure it out.

If you are in Canada then it is no big deal.
Pop into the VPD and get one.
Drop over to the Korean consulate and get it certified.

Problem solved. The process is quick and easy.

If the MOE (it won't be immigration asking) asks for it then you have it and won't be scrambling to get it done while sitting over in Korea and worrying about your job in the meantime.

Seon-bee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an E1 and was required by Immigration to provide updated background check and apostilled degrees. University didn't request them, and in fact said I wouldn't need them. Then, last minute comes, and what do you know...
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seon-bee wrote:
I have an E1 and was required by Immigration to provide updated background check and apostilled degrees. University didn't request them, and in fact said I wouldn't need them. Then, last minute comes, and what do you know...

Interesting! To the HiKorea website! Maybe it is updated now! They promised to be finished in December, then changed to January.

And....

Nothing. Still giving promises of new info

Digging some more and the E-1 documents page says nothing about a CRC. But it 2 year old info. Maybe immigration has changed it.

OR

You got a confused immigration official. E1 looks so much like an E2.

Well Good Luck and hope you can get a CRC and or it figured out.
PatrickGHBusan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moral of the story: get a Criminal Records Check done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: