Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unreal... Who can confirm this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Unreal... Who can confirm this? Reply with quote

My visa is almost ready. I am about to leave for Korea and now I am being told I need to do the following AGAIN for the Ministry of Education. NEW ORIGINALS, not copies.

1. A notorized copy of my degree stamped by the Korean Consulate in Canada.

2. A notorized copy of my CBC stamped by the Korean Consulate in Canada.

IS THIS FACT?

If this is the case, is there a way that I can get these documents notorized in Korea at the Canadian embassy without the stamps and still have them accepted?

Thanks.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Unreal... Who can confirm this? Reply with quote

CP wrote:
My visa is almost ready. I am about to leave for Korea and now I am being told I need to do the following AGAIN for the Ministry of Education. NEW ORIGINALS, not copies.

1. A notorized copy of my degree stamped by the Korean Consulate in Canada.

2. A notorized copy of my CBC stamped by the Korean Consulate in Canada.

IS THIS FACT?

If this is the case, is there a way that I can get these documents notorized in Korea at the Canadian embassy without the stamps and still have them accepted?

Thanks.

The CBC doesn't need to be notarized.

Yes, the MOE does need them.

They will accept a set of originals with embassy stamps OR a KOREAN immigration office made copy of the ones on file (cost you 300 won per copy at the immigration office in Korea).

CP

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. I'll be back working in Ilsan. They called the Ministry of Education in Ilsan and they said copies are acceptable.
Skippy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this law has been enacted to catch the F-series stoners and criminals. Now I can understand that the Basic E-2 blokes would submit to immigration their degree and CRC.

But F-series do not submit (per se). So do they have to submit ORIGINALS to MOE? I can see the MOE asking for ORIGINALS if an F-Series visa.

I also suspected the offical just thought he knew what he need but interpreted it wrong. Sometimes you might have to double check or ask some one else. Politely try to get someone higher up to verify.
meangradin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The CBC doesn't need to be notarized.

I just sent mine to the consulate in Vancouver last week and they told me it did have to be notarized, a fact supported by their website.

Quote:
Original police certificate or Criminal Record Check
A photocopy of police certificate or Criminal Record Check which has been notarized by a notary public within our jurisdiction (BC, AB, SK, YK, and NWT)
※ The following items MUST be included by the Notary Public:
Official Cover Letter of the Notary Public
Date of Notarization (valid if notarized within the last 6 months)
Official Seal of the Notary Public
Full name of the Notary Public
Signature of the Notary Public
Full contact information of the Notary Public including telephone number and address
Fee: Cdn $4.00 per copy (A money order only; do not send cash)
A photocopy of the information page of the applicant�s passport
A return, self-addressed envelope with prepaid postage
(Canada Post X-press envelope ONLY)
ja2dared

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similiar situation... I was all set and ready to go, when I was told that I needed to get another original CBC, and degree.. both with apostille.

I fought it, and ultimately found out that I only needed another Degree copy, with an apostille(which was better than waiting another 8 weeks for the CBC, but still another $40 down the drain for the stupid apostille)

It was very frustrating to say the least.

Ive been here a month now, and have told my employers that I have the apostilled degree, but they havnt asked for it yet... I hope it wasnt completely pointless to get it.
Firearcher

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: CRC & Diploma Reply with quote

I can tell you; having gone through this myself just weeks ago that both are 100% correct. You MUST get the CRC and diploma notarized by the Korean embassy in Canada if you are a Canadian.

How do I know this? Several phone calls to the Help Desk and 2 visits to Korean Immigration in person plus a visit to the Canada Embassy in Seoul all confirmed it. I grilled them with questions and asked what if this and what if that......

But in the end you must get it done.

Sucks yes. But that is the rule.
ttompatz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CRC & Diploma Reply with quote

Firearcher wrote:
I can tell you; having gone through this myself just weeks ago that both are 100% correct. You MUST get the CRC and diploma notarized by the Korean embassy in Canada if you are a Canadian.

How do I know this? Several phone calls to the Help Desk and 2 visits to Korean Immigration in person plus a visit to the Canada Embassy in Seoul all confirmed it. I grilled them with questions and asked what if this and what if that......

But in the end you must get it done.

Sucks yes. But that is the rule.

CERTIFIED by the Korean embassy/consulate in Canada.
NOT notarized by the Korean consulate. (there is a difference)

The CBC needs to be an original.
The degree needs to be a certified true copy (notarized).

Both then need to be taken to/sent to the Korean consulate for certification.
They will also ask for a sealed transcript when they certify your degree copy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: