Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electronic Cigarettes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funlove

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Electronic Cigarettes Reply with quote

Hello everybody

I decide to quit smoking finally YEAAAAH.

One of my friend strongly recommended electronic cigarette.

I need your help guys.

From where can I gen electronic cigarettes in Seoul?

Thanks in advanced
Swampfox10mm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head out Sinseoldong (old 1 line) station exit 11. Walk past the Woori Bank, past the Hyundai car dealership, and continue until you hit the sidewalk along that main road (20 meters from the car dealership). Turn right and walk down that sidewalk. Within 50 meters or less, there is a shop selling them there.
T-J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link should give you search results from Daum. Map toward the bottom (scroll down) has several locations.

Good luck!

http://search.daum.net/search?nil_suggest=btn&nil_ch=&rtupcoll=&w=tot&m=&f=&lpp=&bw=1007&bh=613&sug=&q=%C0%FC%C0%DA+%B4%E3%B9%E8
akcrono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend Janty sticks (which can be found on the first floor of the Ipark electronics mall in Yongsan). They have a great hit and excellent battery life. You can get them online cheaper, but IDK about shipping/taxes.

For resources, check ecig forums. They're amazingly in depth and have excellent commentary, reviews, opinions etc.

Finally, quitting smoking is absolutely possible, especially with these. You get one working right with a flavor you like and they're be just as satisfying as cigarettes after awhile. As a bonus, you can smoke them anywhere, even planes!
joeteacher

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

akcrono wrote:
As a bonus, you can smoke them anywhere, even planes!

Most airlines have banned the use of them on board so check first. However, last month I used mine on a Delta flight in the bathroom with no problems.

I bought my ecig from here: http://www.bestecig.com
Which was a recommendation from someone on this board (thank you btw).

Super cheap and they ship to Korea. Though I don't have anything to compare it to, being that this is the first one I've bought, but it works just fine for me.
deizio

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big +1 on bestecig.com - might have been me who recommended them to Joe, v. satisfied customer for 3+ years. They tend to be a bit evasive on the customs declaration - they write "essential oils" and a much lower value than whatever you order - but only had one delivery inspected and held up in ~15 deliveries. the package was released after I paid import duty as the actual order value (which I fessed up to, but prob didnt have to) was over the customs limit (150k). Tons cheaper than buying ecig stuff in the stores here, and if you're going all out to replace real cigs you will need to spend a few bucks, especially in the beginning while you work out what you like.

I had mine fished out of my coat pocket at Amsterdam Airport in Dec (I use the eGo with the mega battery, they thought it was a laser pointer on the X-Ray). First time I'd had one discovered / looked at by airport security in easily 20 flights, and the guy and I just talked about the merits of different models for 30 secs and on I went. Your mileage may vary.

As far as using it on the plane goes, just be subtle about how you hold / fill the thing and breathe out slowly after you vape it, no need to use it in the bathroom. I mix up my day-to-day juice in an plain white eye-drop type bottle (the 20ml bottle type from bestecig), so I just drop it in the clear plastic bag with other liquids when I'm travelling.
teachal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sure you want to invest in the electronic cigarette? Reply with quote

I tried it. It was like W150K for the cig and a few attachments with one bottle of nicotine juice included. I was (am) a heavy smoker so I was constantly going to purchase more nic juice, was constantly sucking on the thing, etc. You're allowed to smoke it anywhere so I was smoking more!

For me anyway I ended up dumping it because my local nic juice store went out of business or was forced out by the mobsters, or so the rumor went. Just think twice about it.
12ax7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Sure you want to invest in the electronic cigarette? Reply with quote

teachal wrote:
I tried it. It was like W150K for the cig and a few attachments with one bottle of nicotine juice included. I was (am) a heavy smoker so I was constantly going to purchase more nic juice, was constantly sucking on the thing, etc. You're allowed to smoke it anywhere so I was smoking more!

For me anyway I ended up dumping it because my local nic juice store went out of business or was forced out by the mobsters, or so the rumor went. Just think twice about it.

It wouldn't surprise me. 150000-200000won for such simple devices? How much are the refills here? Someone's making a pretty penny.
akcrono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Sure you want to invest in the electronic cigarette? Reply with quote

12ax7 wrote:
teachal wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me. 150000-200000won for such simple devices? How much are the refills here? Someone's making a pretty penny.

You can get very large bottles of liquid in the us for around $10-15. Its the taxes on e-cigs here that drive the price up (among other things I'm sure). Get them imported from abroad and keep it under the customs limit. Should keep you in vape heaven for awhile.
12ax7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Sure you want to invest in the electronic cigarette? Reply with quote

akcrono wrote:
12ax7 wrote:
teachal wrote:

You can get very large bottles of liquid in the us for around $10-15. Its the taxes on e-cigs here that drive the price up (among other things I'm sure). Get them imported from abroad and keep it under the customs limit. Should keep you in vape heaven for awhile.

I'm not a smoker. Never been. It's just that every time I see the adds for these in the newspaper, I can't help but think it's a rip off (150 000won for that?). The link posted a few comments early proves it.
Andromeda

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used e cigs before, they're pretty good. New cartridges get pricey after awhile and I've found they don't really last long. One lesson I learned is to keep your already used cartridges and refill them yourself. The liquid is easy to get, just buy it off the internet. A lot of it tastes good and you save a little as well.
coratheexplorer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a former co-worker used to say, "There is no e-cigarette! Quit or don't quit!!"

Smile

Well I've never been a smoker so I don't know the pain of trying to quit but, something to consider. Try hypnosis? I used it to increase my performance as a runner. It was amazing. You have to find someone good though. I know several people who have quit smoking with hypnosis. Old and young. You have to be ready. Really really wanting to change.
ombeach

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: E-cigs in Daejon Reply with quote

Hey guys, I've managed to successfully quit using these.

I bought my "SMOKO" brand device in England - it uses disposable cartridges. My supply of refills is now running out - does anyone know where I can get more in Daejon? I know a lot of people buy these things online, but I've heard bad things about customs stopping shipments and charging crazy amounts of duty. I also don't really want this sort of thing sent to my school and my apt address is not so secure.

I understand people who have been using these devices for a while are more keen on vaporizers with refillable cartomizers, maybe I should purchase one of these. So the question remains - where can I find a shop/kiosk in or around Daejon to look at my options?

Thanks in advance.
Teechuh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/korea-forum/

This is a good resource for anyone looking for information on vaping in Korea. I occasionally buy cartomizers or the odd bottle of menthol here but mostly I get supplies shipped from the UK as the mark up is just criminal. I find its cheaper shipping from the UK than the US (under £10) and the longest a package has taken to get here has been a week after I ordered it. I have always kept my order under the customs limit and I've never had a problem with it getting through.

I don't know what model you're thinking about but I would say that you'd save a ton by ordering the hardware online as well. I would recommend an EGO to begin with and you can work your way up. Ordering online also gives you a much greater variety of flavours. This is where I order from but there are loads of other options if you ask around. http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/

I was a 30 a day smoker and never looked back once I started vaping. My constant cough has gone, I no longer feel like I've scaled Everest after a couple of flights of stairs and if I need a nicotine hit I can just go to the bathroom rather than finding an elaborate excuse to sneak out of work. Plus I've lost a considerable amount of weight as I vape sweet flavours like bubblegum and strawberry tart so no longer have any cravings for chocolate or dessert.
Teechuh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, although there are a lot of people out there who will disagree with me, I would recommend using clearomizers (or cartomizers as they are referred to here) as they are so much easier. You just pour the liquid in and I find they can last months. I wasted a lot of time and money in the beginning with atomizers and wish I'd known better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: