Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Education Minstry demanding a new set of documents?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttompatz wrote:
They will accept Kimmi made copies of the ones on file at immigration for those on an E2.

Yes, it is a new rule that came into effect at the end of Feb.

I called MOE and the Interpreter told me copies are not accepted but you could(if you know Korean, want to pay for translation, or persuade your employer to write the plea) send a plea letter to the MOE asking them to accept them.

I heard there is a big fine for any employer who doesn't submit the proper employee docs. Does anyone know how much this "big fine" is?
thegadfly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a federal-level CBC, you aren't legal any more. Now, you may slip through the cracks for the next nine months, and if so, good for you -- but in your current situation, you could lose your visa and lose your job if/when someone in immigration notices...also, you may lose your job if you don't supply the documents the MOE needs, despite having a "valid" contract for 9 more months....
isitts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Education Minstry demanding a new set of document Reply with quote

Los Angeloser wrote:
isitts wrote:
You might specify on your thread title that your asking about renewal of contract. Otherwise it looks too much like other threads asking about MOE requiring a second set of docs at the beginning of your first contract. Because that one's been answered.

Where has that been answered?

At the time I posted, the thread (link below) was just a couple spaces above this thread.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/korea/viewtopic.php?t=217864

Got pushed back to the second page of this forum.
isitts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Is the Education Minstry demanding a new set of document Reply with quote

Los Angeloser wrote:
Skippy wrote:
Los Angeloser wrote:

Where has that been answered?

About a twice a day.... Have you been reading the board a little? Every day one or two people ask in a panic about the new requirement. But you knew that right! Oh you just made a new topic with out look or searching first!

Also how the heck have you been here still with a STATE CHECK. Do you not remember immi tellin likely last year you that next time you will need a FEDERAL CHECK. Get a FBI check right fucking NOW, because buddy I see an early leave for you.

Ummm, I did not "make a new topic." Rolling Eyes

I asked a "where" question and you must've thought I asked a "how often" question. Why you'd think that I don't know. Rolling Eyes

Also, please watch your language, are you drunk posting? You do not know what you're talking about and I'm not your "buddy." Shocked

I'm here legally for 9 more months and I wasn't specifically referring to a criminal record check. Wink

He meant to address that comment regarding the State CBC to tgrear2008, not you.
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please people raise a stink. Give some one else a chance with your job. Really some of this stuff not that worth fighting, except on who pays and given the time off to get it done.

I might have got some posts confused up. Plus I skimmed quickly...

To the OP. Recent changes with the Korean Government is that Ministry of Education now wants the documents that immigration originally wanted. Now if I am guessing if you are an E-2 or E-1 - MOE should be satisfied from a copy of the documents (CRC,Degree, Health) from immigration. Yea it sucks but go in, get a copy 300 won per copy. then submit. Now I am guessing that health checks might be asked for too. If you are renewing or has been a time since the last check, then expect to do one.

As to the F-series - I think they will likely have to submit originals to MOE. BUT this is a guess from MY part. This changes where enacted to prevent F-series from giving the end run around the restrictions the E-series had to go through.

As to government really knowing your waist size I think they are more concerned with drug users and HIV/AIDS infected people.

One confusion that keeps popping up is bosses, recruiters and government officials are asking for ORIGINALS . The requirements have not really settled around the system, so expect some ignorance, about what is required. I also think some regions are enacting different rules for their area. Also as mentioned above I suspect that F-series will have to submit originals to MOE and MOE is lumping E-series with F-series.
tgrear2008

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were not satisfied with a copy of the health check. Just got mine today.

I need to get an apostilled copy of my degree and go through that process.

There was no mention of an additional CRC or copy.

My boss went to immigration, got the copies he could get, and came back and told me what to do.

How do they expect all these teachers to comply within a week or two? My apostille is going to be a while- they can either wait, or send me down the road. Either way is fine with me.
Skippy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tgrear2008 wrote:

My boss went to immigration, got the copies he could get, and came back and told me what to do.

How do they expect all these teachers to comply within a week or two? My apostille is going to be a while- they can either wait, or send me down the road. Either way is fine with me.

Well I could understand with not accepting an old copy of a health check. It s doable and easy to get done in Korea. The apostilled copy of the degree is redundant. I suspect there is a misunderstanding and mistranslation going on. YES - MOE wants a copy but the want a copy of the apostilled copy of degree. But people are all confused about that.

It will be sorted out as for example when the Korean immigration changed from State to National CRC. Problems arose Immi gaave an extension. So I expect on hassles and confusions to happen and the the government to either give leeway (copies are fine), cancelling (E-2 do not have to do it), or extension (get it down asap or get it next time).
indyflyguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a phone number to the MInistry of Eduction? I'd like to call them and ask a few questions.

Thanks!
Los Angeloser

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tgrear2008 wrote:

So, it is possible a new teacher who just started late last year who already submitted all documents to Immigration including health/AIDS check etc...no longer has extra copies(nor will MOE accept copies) but has to NOW submit them - within 30 days(another health/AIDS check) to the MOE.

Then after the contract ends late this year could decide to work for another new employer but will have to submit new documents for a 3rd time in about 1 year, including a 3rd health/AIDS check.

Just because the MOJ finally told the MOE they gotta check F-2/F-4/F-5 visa holders for the 1st time EVER, E-2's could get checked three times in 13 months. Sweet, gotta love them Korean Gov. Ministries aye!

Last edited by Los Angeloser on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indyflyguy wrote:
Does anyone have a phone number to the MInistry of Eduction? I'd like to call them and ask a few questions.

Thanks!

http://english.mest.go.kr/enMain.do

Telephone and fax numbers are to the upper right
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: