Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another drug test--by 3/31?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cedarseoul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Another drug test--by 3/31? Reply with quote

The director at my academy just notified me that people who came in before the cannabinoid test was re-implemeneted, and people on F visas who didn't take a health check, must do so for the Ministry of Education (not K-Immi) by 3/31.

Seems a little strange to me. I knew that the MOE wanted copies of the criminal record checks and degrees, and I thought maybe Immigration would ask for new health checks at visa renewal time...but I wasn't aware this was an MOE requirement.

Has this come up at any of your schools?
meangradin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, as part of the MoE regulations, a health check must be provided (and it has to have been completed within the last 30 days).
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get used to it, given the recent "news" about english teachers being busted for weed etc., I bet we will be undergoing at least one of these a month and whenever we come back from a trip outside of Korea
cedarseoul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not once a month, but I do suspect that "random" testing will be on the rise.

As for myself--I'm soon moving on to greener pastures. Smile
plchron

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i am saying is if they want to random test us they better pay for it and it better not be a situation where i am expected to go during non work hours. I understand their paranoia and how they fold the first test into the general physical that we all take, but what a waste of f--king time for more than 99% of e-2 holders.
soomin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was told I needed to get a copy of my health check from kimmi and give it to the Ministry of Education by March 21st because I transferred my visa instead of getting a new one last September... nothing about getting a new one, though. They said as long as I have one on file, it should be no problem to just get a copy.

I have nothing to worry about... I just hate needles ;.;
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: