Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

edit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slothrop

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: edit Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Fri May 11, 2012 5:31 am; edited 2 times in total
young_clinton

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a notary stamp. It's a seal placed on the paper by a crimping machine just like all other notary seals. The FBI CBC should have a signature on it also. Immigration will accept them 6 months from the date on the CBC.
slothrop

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

Last edited by slothrop on Wed May 09, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
RLib

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: FBI notary;what does it look like? Reply with quote

slothrop wrote:
is it the perferated circle that says 'department of justice federal bureau of investigation'?

Yes, it's the perforated circle (made with a crimping device, as clinton mentioned), most likely on the lower half of the document. You are good to get the apostille.

slothrop wrote:
also, just to check with the latest up to date news; the MOE will accept them after being appostilled for up to 6 months from the search completed date?

As far as I've heard, that's still correct.
grandpa

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for help/i understand Reply with quote

slothrop wrote:
i just recieved 3 clean crisp clear fbi crc's. i requested they be notarized but am not sure what the notary on it should look like. is it the perferated circle that says 'department of justice federal bureau of investigation'? if thats not it does that mean they didn't notarize it? ay carumba!

That's how my FBI CRC's were. Congratulations.

slothrop wrote:
also, just to check with the latest up to date news; the MOE will accept them after being appostilled for up to 6 months from the search completed date? and Fvisa can just walk on over to MOE and hand them in directly? don't want to hand them over to some boss who might use it to wipe his hands on after a dinner of yamyam chicken Shocked

Correct.
isitts

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for help/i understand Reply with quote

slothrop wrote:
i just recieved 3 clean crisp clear fbi crc's. i requested they be notarized but am not sure what the notary on it should look like. is it the perferated circle that says 'department of justice federal bureau of investigation'? if thats not it does that mean they didn't notarize it? ay carumba!

also, just to check with the latest up to date news; the MOE will accept them after being appostilled for up to 6 months from the search completed date? and Fvisa can just walk on over to MOE and hand them in directly? don't want to hand them over to some boss who might use it to wipe his hands on after a dinner of yamyam chicken Shocked

? You don't get the FBI check notarized. You get it apostilled by the DOS. Are you asking whether the FBI authenticated the CBC so that it could be apostilled? If it has that circle (or seal...though it's not really a sticker) you described, I think you're fine.
comm

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for help/i understand Reply with quote

isitts wrote:
? You don't get the FBI check notarized. You get it apostilled by the DOS. Are you asking whether the FBI authenticated the CBC so that it could be apostilled? If it has that circle (or seal...though it's not really a sticker) you described, I think you're fine.

Indeed. It sounds like your CRCs have been authenticated, which is the most that the FBI does. Now you need to get them to the DoS in D.C. for apostille.
young_clinton

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for help/i understand Reply with quote

isitts wrote:
[

The CBC's have to be notarized by the FBI before the Department of State in Washington can issue an Apostille for the documents. And you have to ask for the notary in writing when sending the application.

If the CBC has that crimped circle it's good to be sent off to the DOS.
isitts

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for help/i understand Reply with quote

young_clinton wrote:
isitts wrote:
[

The CBC's have to be notarized by the FBI before the Department of State in Washington can issue an Apostille for the documents. And you have to ask for the notary in writing when sending the application.

If the CBC has that crimped circle it's good to be sent off to the DOS.

Well, then we're just arguing over semantics. The FBI doesn't notarize it they authenticate it. Maybe they're technically the same thing but notarizing a document generally means visiting a notary public. And before, some people were taking their CBCs to notary publics so they could then send it to their Secretary of State.

So, anyway, I'm making a distinction between the FBI's authenticating the CBC versus a notary public's.
YTMND

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe they're technically the same thing but notarizing a document generally means visiting a notary public.

Sounds like ones "upsmanship".
thegadfly

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YTMND wrote:
Quote:
Maybe they're technically the same thing but notarizing a document generally means visiting a notary public.

Sounds like ones "upsmanship".

Actually, I had my FBI check authenticated, notarized, AND apostilled, so no, they aren't all the same thing, and it ain't "one upsmanship" to point that out.

Why'd I have all three done? I figured the more seals and signatures the darn thing had, the easier time I would have with immigration (a few years ago, before the mandated federal check, immigration rejected my state-wide check, BUT they demanded a LOCAL check in its place, NOT a federal check...AND they wanted a notarized letter from a police officer at the local police department).

This last time, the check was all shiny with tinselly seals, and could hardly be read for all the signatures and stamps/crimps. Immi was pleased as punch, and I had nary a hiccup with it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: