Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Great China Hype Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Right-O.

This brings up exactly my point about the "Great China Hype Thread".

Barefoot lawyers and women's rights have ZERO to do with the "hype" that this thread was supposed to be about.

Dingalings who push "hype" threads and "hate-on" threads ought not turn around and start palavering about good vs. bad faith.

If China went 1 for 3 last month on the "world table", then China's on the "world table", isn't it?

If, with China already being as it is, you wanna talk about "hype", then TALK ABOUT "HYPE".

If this thread is just about China, then in good faith re-title it.

If you're done talking hype and just gonna fling random poo, then re-title the thread. How about "China Hate On"?

Of course, I've never made a "Hate-On thread" (nor have I ever announced that I was pooping on a thread). But this is all about good faith, right?

Sounds pretty Republican to me.
rollo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has drifted for sure. What ththis thread was about was the advertisements touting gigantic returns on your money if invested in China and the belief by many that the Chinese government had found a magic formula that would produce economic growth forever and ever.

Pointing out the flaws, mistakes by Chinese policy makers is not hating it is just pointing out that their system is just as flawed maybe more flawed than the Westen one. That includes human rights, selection of the leadership and internal and external forces and problems.

Not hate . and no one is flinging poo.

Calm down!!
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:
Right-O.

This brings up exactly my point about the "Great China Hype Thread".

Barefoot lawyers and women's rights have ZERO to do with the "hype" that this thread was supposed to be about.

Dingalings who push "hype" threads and "hate-on" threads ought not turn around and start palavering about good vs. bad faith.

If China went 1 for 3 last month on the "world table", then China's on the "world table", isn't it?

If, with China already being as it is, you wanna talk about "hype", then TALK ABOUT "HYPE".

If this thread is just about China, then in good faith re-title it.

If you're done talking hype and just gonna fling random poo, then re-title the thread. How about "China Hate On"?

Of course, I've never made a "Hate-On thread" (nor have I ever announced that I was pooping on a thread). But this is all about good faith, right?

Sounds pretty Republican to me.

You're free to start your own thread.

No? You just want to bitch to me, huh.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Kuros:
Quote:
Here it is, a thread to place all China Hype articles. I more than suspect these kinds of articles, almost all of which come from Westerners, embarrass Chinese with their outrageous predictions of success.

Kuros:
Quote:

You're free to start your own thread.

No? You just want to bitch to me, huh.

Not interested at all in making it about you.

Rather, it seems you'd make it about me:

But, where's the economic crisis?

Helllllooooooo! Economic crisis? Are you therrrreeee?

China mistreats women.

Nowhere Man argues in bad faith. I PREDICTED AN ECONOMIC CRISIS, and see?

China went 1 for 3 today....

It's not an issue of your intelligence. Wink

And as long as I'm on the hype thread, let's do some hype.

Rollo! BORDER WAR!!!! AIGGGHHHHHHH! HFS, OMFG!!!!!

Please give us your special, long-time wife-having China-watcher insight.

I tried myself, but as a neophyte it seems there are too many borders on which armed conflict is about to break out.

That only leaves me to trust your own insider knowledge. So far, I have your apparently-BS commentary about Nepal, but I'm thinking it could be kind of a circular all-out kind of affair with expeditionary campaigns into every country that neighbors the PRC.

Think about it. Instead of going 1-for-3, they could just go 14-for-14 and invade everyone.

I've given up my hypish hope that this will all unfold in the next year.

But I still need to know when it will happen.
rollo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously you can not read!!

Are you not aware of the severe downturn in the Chinese economy and the warnings being issued by various banks, agencies, so forth about the amount of debt owed by Chinese cities, provinces, and S.O.E's.

You offer nothing!! YOU HAVE NOTHING . gO AWAY
Kuros

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nowhere Man wrote:

Nowhere Man argues in bad faith. I PREDICTED AN ECONOMIC CRISIS, and see?

I didn't predict the economic slowdown. People I read and trust did.

5 Reasons China Might Already Be in a Recession

Quote:
In a 2007 cable made public by Wikileaks, Le dismissed China's GDP figures as "man-made." Le explained that he only looked at three statistics to gauge the health of the economy: (1) Bank lending, (2) Electricity consumption, and (3) Rail cargo volume. And these measures say China's economy is screeching to a halt.
rollo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They weakened the yuan this week to spur exports and are planning a two trillion yuan (316 billion dollars) stimulas package. Manufacturing declined for the seventh month in a row

I think weakening the Yuan is a bad idea it will raise the cost of imported goods, and slow spending. The stimulas will merely boost inflation

In bad times the Chinese do not spend money they start saving. This will further slow growth. The real estate market is headed into free fall and the real scary part is that the service on the gigantic debt the cities and provinces have accured is reaching a point that we might start seeing defaults this year. Watch Wenzhou it was the place where the first capitalist experiment began and it may also be the first city to go under water.
The purge of Bo and his allies is getting bigger and producing more disruption than anticipated. Xi is really cleaning house.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't predict the economic slowdown. People I read and trust did.

Distancing.

Quote:
5 Reasons China Might Already Be in a Recession

Interesting "non-sequiturs" at the end.

Quote:
In bad times the Chinese do not spend money they start saving.

Profound. The other thing they're sure to do in hard times is...START A BORDER WAR! AHHHHHH!

So, it's no longer a housing bubble, it's an "economic slowdown".

I like how "weakening" the yuan will raise the cost of imported goods.

And, my fav, "the purge" is getting bigger!

Exciting predictions. Let's see.
rollo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, since you do not understand basic economics are you trolling this thread? When you tried to write about Chinese real estate and did not know Chinese laws about real estate. But if you do not understand why weakening the yuan would raise the cost of imported goods, well you seem a product of some second rate countries feeble attempt at education

China has had six wars or skirmishs with neihbors since 1950. About one a decade. We will not include in the listt he seizing of a large chunk of Turkmenistan by the P.L.A. But keep showing your ignorance.

But on the purge it has reached into the provincial governments and has even tarred a popular actress claiming she prostituted herself to Bo and also to his friends and allies earning herself millions of yuan. This is different than the purge when Hu took power , that was limited to the Shanghai party and supportersof the old boss Zhang Zemin. This is broader and more in line with the cultural revolution. Not as violent of course but still each day brings new denunciations. Tody some other actors and t.v. personalities were beinging connected to the Bo gang as it is being called in some of the media..

Dear Nowhere man can you please write a post explaining the shakeup in leadership the jailings, dismissals and public denunciations that have occured in recent weeks in China,.
Kuros

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Shedlock predicts a hard-landing for China and 3.5% growth

We'll see, but that seems a bit pessimistic, even for bears like me.
rollo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some reports that May's economic numbers will be terrible. Food prices took another jump. Even the government media is discussing the possibility of a hard landing. They have been floating the story of the new stimulas but the last stimulas triggered wild inflation. Nothing will bwere done until the new regime is in power. right now the country is more concerned about rooting out the Bo gang.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ok, since you do not understand basic economics are you trolling this thread? When you tried to write about Chinese real estate

You told me that no one except your wife can own land.

Quote:
well you seem a product of some second rate countries feeble attempt at education

Laughing
Nice-uh, pursue this.
Quote:

China has had six wars or skirmishs with neihbors since 1950. About one a decade. We will not include in the listt he seizing of a large chunk of Turkmenistan by the P.L.A. But keep showing your ignorance.

And yet you can't provide any evidence of the exchange of fire with Nepal other than...oh, you say so.

Quote:
But on the purge it has reached into the provincial governments

which is where it started...and even tarred an actress. Whoa, now it sounds seriousssss.
Quote:

Dear Nowhere man can you please write a post explaining the shakeup in leadership the jailings, dismissals and public denunciations that have occured in recent weeks in China,.

Hmm. What would I go so far as to confirm? There was a British nutter. Check. Party wife had him killed. Check. You can be the life of the party, but not if the wife of the party is having expats killed...even if they were in way too deep. Crouching Tiger lady gets tarred? That's interesting, but does that indicate a "purge"? Was Ted Stevens a purge? You want my very objective analysis? If anyone in congress had a wife who ordered a hit on someone and it came to light, they'd be out in a heartbeat. There would then be a scandal where associated others would get...well, purged.

But isn't "purge" a sexy word? It conjures an Orwellian image of a single party in lock-step stamping out the disloyal. This wasn't a matter of party loyalty. It was a matter of misbehavior.

And, honestly, it's a case that highlights how truly not-different it is to have factions in one one party duking it out as opposed to two very similar but "different" parties duking it out.

To repeat myself, Deng Xiaoping was arrested and imprisoned during the Cultural Revolution, but then rose to be head of state. Just because it's a party, that doesn't make it a party of one. Likewise, historically, China now has a deep distrust of any kind of change coming from outside. Any significant change will come from within, and it is changing. Is the change in line with western expectations? Nope.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mike Shedlock predicts a hard-landing for China and 3.5% growth

We'll see, but that seems a bit pessimistic, even for bears like me.

Just for perspective:
Quote:

Historically, from 1947 until 2012, the United States GDP Growth Rate averaged 3.3 Percent reaching an all time high of 17.2 Percent in March of 1950 and a record low of -10.4 Percent in March of 1958.

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp-growth
rollo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont like the word purge. Okay , it was used in the people's daily and on cctv, PLA channel. Also commonly used by lenin mao, Marx others. But anyway 102 party members were EXPELLED yesterday in Shaoguang, the president of Agriculture bank "resigned" and several bankers were arrested yesterday.

I am sorry that you lack reading comprehension skills . Please show me where I said that my wife was the only person who could own land in China.

Here's a clue for you, google " tibetan nun shot by Chinese border guards" in that story it should also have accounts of Chinese border troops shooting at Nepaese border guards.

Good luck with your trolling, and with concentration you can overcome your reading disability. Now run along now,adults are discussing big people topics.
Nowhere Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Quote:
But anyway 102 party members were EXPELLED yesterday in Shaoguang, the president of Agriculture bank "resigned" and several bankers were arrested yesterday.

Fair enough. Any relation to Chongqing?

Feb: no one owns property. Apr: your wife owns property
You can say, "yeah but...", BUT my point was about Chinese landlords and their attitudes towards short and long-term investment, which you can go back and read, Mr Reading Comprehension.
Quote:

Here's a clue for you, google " tibetan nun shot by Chinese border guards" in that story it should also have accounts of Chinese border troops shooting at Nepaese border guards.

Here's a clue for you, you invented an exchange of fire between border guards and telling me to go find it when you can't is just a way to avoid admitting you pulled it outta yer bum. You lied to trump up your very adult observations about the likelihood of a border war. That is the simple fact of the matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: