Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is Haddon House???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Where is Haddon House??? Reply with quote

where is Haddon House, the international food store? is it any good? how international is it? and how can i get there by subway (say, from seoul station)?

Last edited by Howard Roark on Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sejong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there just this afternoon... there are three subway stations all about equidistant from HH -- Oksu, Hannam and Hangangjin. It's between 20-25 minutes walk from each. Tough to describe exactly the best way to go, though... I found it using a little map in the HH ad in the biweekly Seoul Classified, so I'd suggest picking up a copy and using that. It's on the same road as the "UN Village", for what it's worth.

As to what they have there, the question should be -- what don't they have? Meat pies, more than one kind of cheese, limes and other un-Korean fruits and veggies, tortillas, sour cream, and my personal favourite -- Vanilla Coke, available by the case. Haven't seen that ANYWHERE else. They also have a decent selection of other Asian foods and ingredients, i.e. Thai, Vietnamese, etc...
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it the Hannam Supermarket you are looking for? As far as I know, if you are looking for imported foods thats probably the place to go.

The easiest way to find it is to go to Hangangjin station, and leave through the south exit that comes out on 'Itaewon' Street. Take a look around and you'll see the 'Volvo' building not too far away. The supermarket is in the basement of that building. You'll have to follow the street around the corner and walk over an elevated pedestrian bridge. It's probably close to a 10 minute walk but the fact that you can see the building from the station should prevent you from getting lost.
Sejong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Haddon House and Hannam Supermarket are two different places.... but Hannam Supermarket is also a great place for finding good food. Kyle's directions are good, too.
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well what is Haddon House? What an be found there?

Thanks!

Kyle
gajackson1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle-

KCK put a sticky in the buy/seel/trade forum for 'general stuff-finding tips' - there is a link there to the major foreign food places in the Seoul area.

Regards,

G.
camel96

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylehawkins2000 wrote:
The easiest way to find it is to go to Hangangjin station, and leave through the south exit that comes out on 'Itaewon' Street. Take a look around and you'll see the 'Volvo' building not too far away. The supermarket is in the basement of that building. You'll have to follow the street around the corner and walk over an elevated pedestrian bridge. It's probably close to a 10 minute walk but the fact that you can see the building from the station should prevent you from getting lost.

Kyle's directions are good. I followed them today BUT BE ADVISED...A new building has just been built which blocks your view of the Volvo sign when you come up out of the subway. Walk perhaps 50 meters either way though and you should see it. Whatever you do though don't panic and turn around and go back into the subway.
rachel phillips

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also take a taxi to Haddon House. Tell the driver to take you to Hannam Heights Apartments. They're further up the hill going past U.N. Village. Haddon House is underground in the shops building at the entrance to the apartment complex.
OiGirl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kylehawkins2000 wrote:
Oh, well what is Haddon House?

Yes, what IS Haddon House? I saw some packages on the shelf in the International Foods section at a US grocery chain with the "Haddon House" label. Where does it originate and can their stores be found around the world?
sm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: open? Reply with quote

Is it still open?
sojukettle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haddon House Market is still operating, same place, directions as above; Hannam Supermarket has gone.

sk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: